Why Isn’t Trae Young in the MVP Conversation ?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
He's been sort of in the conversation the last three years, at least on the fringe. He suffers a bit from the same issues as Trae - his team's record isn't great and his poor defense limits his impact. Which goes to show that even if Trae improves to Dame level, he's still not going to be a top-3 candidate. He has a long ways to go.

He's 50% eFG, he only manages 59% TS because he flops his way to the line at an incredible pace. Only makes 49% of his twos and 34% of his threes plus he turns the ball over 4.2 times/game. That's behind his competition.

Dame: 52% of his twos and 39% of his threes, 55% eFG and 62% TS with 3.0 turnovers/game
CP3: 54% of his twos and 40% of his threes for 56% eFG and 60% TS with 2.2 turnovers/game
Curry: 57% of his twos and 42% of this threes for 61% eFG and 66% TS with 3.3 turnovers/game
Jokic: 61% of his twos and 39% of his threes for 60% eFG and 65% TS with 3.1 turnovers/game

Trae is worse from 2pt, worse from 3pt, worse on eFG, worse on TS, and turns the ball over more than literally every other player in the conversation. Since he's also the worst defender of them all and his team doesn't have a great record, is it really that hard to see why he's not in the conversation?

I'm glad you mentioned him flopping to the line because I think that alone turns people off

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: At this dumbass take. I guess him being second in the league in assists doesn’t count for anything, huh?

What’s does Luka do on defense that Trae doesn’t? You gonna knock Luka for being 6-7 inches taller than Trae but still being equally as bad on defense? :stopitslime:
Luka isn’t MVP level either.
You really thought you had something there.

:mjlol:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
As a Hawks fan and Trae Young fan hes not deserving of that type of honor. He hasn’t played at an MVP level. He’s making the progressions you want to see out of your PG, better decision making, playing with better pace, not taking as many bad shots. But statistically he’s roughly the same guy as last year but his scoring is down. I don’t see a compelling reason to view him as an MVP candidate other than trying to push a poorly worded narrative :yeshrug:
Couldn’t have said it better myself

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
When Trae is averaging closer to 22 and 12 instead of 25 and 9 is when the riders will come out in full effect. Cause he's a beast with the passing and eventually he won't have to score as much if the Hawks keep getting the right players around him. Then when he casual fans see that he is much more than a no impact scorer they will turn and start giving him his props.

Box Factory

haha
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
He didn't even make the all star game:skip:. Coaches, media and players dont respect him. He's started playing better since he started doing exactly what the "stats nerds" have been saying . He'd also be 4th on the Hawks in terms of being the reason for the turnaround behind Capella, Bogie and Nate

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
He didn't even make the all star game:skip:. Coaches, media and players dont respect him. He's started playing better since he started doing exactly what the "stats nerds" have been saying . He'd also be 4th on the Hawks in terms of being the reason for the turnaround behind Capella, Bogie and Nate

:mjlol: was wondering when you’d weigh in on this topic

Daps
@gator_king's clown ass doesn't even watch hoops anymore (he even admitted so), and here he is trying to push some agenda-driven bullshyt like folks are going to take him seriously, when it's clear as day he doesn't know a cotdamn thing about what he's talking about.

:picard:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He's been sort of in the conversation the last three years, at least on the fringe. He suffers a bit from the same issues as Trae - his team's record isn't great and his poor defense limits his impact. Which goes to show that even if Trae improves to Dame level, he's still not going to be a top-3 candidate. He has a long ways to go.

He's 50% eFG, he only manages 59% TS because he flops his way to the line at an incredible pace. Only makes 49% of his twos and 34% of his threes plus he turns the ball over 4.2 times/game. That's behind his competition.

Dame: 52% of his twos and 39% of his threes, 55% eFG and 62% TS with 3.0 turnovers/game
CP3: 54% of his twos and 40% of his threes for 56% eFG and 60% TS with 2.2 turnovers/game
Curry: 57% of his twos and 42% of this threes for 61% eFG and 66% TS with 3.3 turnovers/game
Jokic: 61% of his twos and 39% of his threes for 60% eFG and 65% TS with 3.1 turnovers/game

Trae is worse from 2pt, worse from 3pt, worse on eFG, worse on TS, and turns the ball over more than literally every other player in the conversation. Since he's also the worst defender of them all and his team doesn't have a great record, is it really that hard to see why he's not in the conversation?
Trash ass post. You probably thought this was a good post but it was shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You didn't say anything of value to earn a valid response.
You quoted Trae's TS% to claim that he wasn't inefficient.

I then showed you that pretty much every other player in the conversation has a higher TS%, and in addition they have a MUCH higher eFG%, 2pt%, 3pt%, and turn the ball over less. Not to mention they're all better defenders and most of them have led their teams to better records.

If you thought that quoting Trae's TS% was a valuable response, then how is it not valuable to point out that everyone else's is higher?