Why Isn’t Trae Young in the MVP Conversation ?

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Because it’s no coincidence that we played better when we got a new coach and his ball dominate play was cut down. Honestly since Feb I think Bogi has been better than him

Daps
Career record 686-600

No deep playoff runs in 20 years.

I don’t wanna make this thread about me shytting on Nate. Because he’s a quality coach. I think people have overinflated his impact to downplay Trae’s accomplishments this year.

Whom has Nate really got his hands on?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Career record 686-600

No deep playoff runs in 20 years.

I don’t wanna make this thread about me shytting on Nate. Because he’s a quality coach. I think people have overinflated his impact to downplay Trae’s accomplishments this year.

8 straight first round playoff L's

In other words, he's repeatedly proven that he's been able to do the exact same thing he's doing this year?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
In other words, he's repeatedly proven that he's been able to do the exact same thing he's doing this year?

As I've said in this thread, getting to the playoffs isn't Nate's problem. It's getting out of the first round that is. Four straight first round losses would be enough to get any coach fired and Nate isn't the exception. I don't believe that Indy should have fired him (as I've said before), but I also get why they made the move even if it hasn't panned out this year.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Better question is why isn’t Damian ever in the conversation
He's been sort of in the conversation the last three years, at least on the fringe. He suffers a bit from the same issues as Trae - his team's record isn't great and his poor defense limits his impact. Which goes to show that even if Trae improves to Dame level, he's still not going to be a top-3 candidate. He has a long ways to go.

59% TS is inefficient scoring to you?
He's 50% eFG, he only manages 59% TS because he flops his way to the line at an incredible pace. Only makes 49% of his twos and 34% of his threes plus he turns the ball over 4.2 times/game. That's behind his competition.

Dame: 52% of his twos and 39% of his threes, 55% eFG and 62% TS with 3.0 turnovers/game
CP3: 54% of his twos and 40% of his threes for 56% eFG and 60% TS with 2.2 turnovers/game
Curry: 57% of his twos and 42% of this threes for 61% eFG and 66% TS with 3.3 turnovers/game
Jokic: 61% of his twos and 39% of his threes for 60% eFG and 65% TS with 3.1 turnovers/game

Trae is worse from 2pt, worse from 3pt, worse on eFG, worse on TS, and turns the ball over more than literally every other player in the conversation. Since he's also the worst defender of them all and his team doesn't have a great record, is it really that hard to see why he's not in the conversation?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
As a 5’11” 22 year old!!

Again I ask. If what Trae is doing is so common and not really special.... The league has been around 70 years with thousands of players. What’s the list of players that have his numbers, at his age, at his size on a team with a winning record?

I need to see that list..

True.

But even take away size.

How many players at age 22 have averaged a double double with almost 30ppg on a playoff team?

If you have to keep quoting his age then it's not a serious MVP discussion, you don't get extra MVP votes for being young or short. :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This nikka really posted a chart where Caruso is on the same level defensively as Embiid and Simmons :dead:

this is what’s wrong with basketball. Cacs making up dumb ass categories

The metric you used rates Caruso even higher than the one I used. :mjlol:

Lakers' Frank Vogel says Alex Caruso merits All-Defensive Team consideration; one stat could stand in his way
Many metrics suggest that Caruso would be a deserving All-Defense selection. Fivethirtyeight's overall defensive RAPTOR rates Caruso as the best guard defender in the NBA and the sixth-best defender in all of basketball. He has the NBA's fourth-best defensive rating, trailing only three members of the Utah Jazz: Mike Conley, Georges Niang and Rudy Gobert.
YOU were the one pushing "defensive rating" and Caruso's defensive rating is much higher than Simmons AND Embiid.

And the chart I posted showed "point of attack defenders", it's the metric for guys guarding the primary ballhandler not rim protectors/bigs.

Man get the fukk out of here. You went and searched for the most made up shyt to prove your point.

NBA Real Plus-Minus - National Basketball Association - ESPN

Look up the traditional defense plus-minus and tell me where Trae is :sas1:
How did I "search" for something I literally just copied off of yesterday's thread? I don't even know where to get that picture from.

And if you're pumping Real Plus-Minus you just killed your whole argument.

Curry is #1 in overall RPM. LeBron is #2. Dame is #6, Giannis #7, Harden #8, Jokic #9, and Trae is.....wait for it....#46.

Get destroyed by your own crappy metrics brehs. :picard: