Why Isn’t Trae Young in the MVP Conversation ?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Trae is a really good young PG but he’s not at that level. At least not yet, if he keeps it up and the narratives line up, he’ll be in the convo

Getting Clint and Nate have been game changers for the Hawks
Capela is getting too much love in here. He was playing like this when LP was here too. Hell, Hunter was our best player during that period even more than Trae. We are winning because the others aren't playing like shyt anymore. Bogi was one of the worst players in the NBA under LP, with Nate, he's been a top 25 player in the league. So much of what has changed has been due to how Nate is using these guys.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
59% TS is inefficient scoring to you?
As a 5’11” 22 year old!!

Again I ask. If what Trae is doing is so common and not really special.... The league has been around 70 years with thousands of players. What’s the list of players that have his numbers, at his age, at his size on a team with a winning record?

I need to see that list..

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Nobody ever said Magic wasn’t the MVP of his team because Michael Cooper was the superior defender. Or Nash wasn’t the MVP of his team because Shawn Marion was their best defender

Im just trying to figure out when these rules changed and who had the authority to change them?

And will the same energy be kept consistently going forward?
It comes down to wins and narrative, also, the Hawks are barely on national TV. Most people don't get a chance to see him unless he's playing their team, that night.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
As a 5’11” 22 year old!!

Again I ask. If what Trae is doing is so common and not really special.... The league has been around 70 years with thousands of players. What’s the list of players that have his numbers, at his age, at his size on a team with a winning record?

I need to see that list..
He is special, people underestimate him far too much. He is hell on a defense and teams consistently have to double him consistently.
He's more like 6'2 with shoes. 6'1 w/o shoes

maxresdefault.jpg

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Trae Young averages 25.5 PPG but that's all anyone pays attention to.
They ignore the fact that he's defensively terrible and doesn't offer as much of an impact on the floor as many other players.

He doesn't even crack the top 20 in value over replacement.
If people could get over their infatuation with PPG (which matters, but is not everything), a more honest assessment of value can be had.
I hate BS like this for idiots like you. His fukking offensive impact is insane and it's been so since he was a fukking rookie. It's like you idiots use his defense as if it's a killer for us when it's not. At the same point, some of you guys are Steve Nash and Magic Johnson fans.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
He is special, people underestimate him far too much. He is hell on a defense and teams consistently have to double him consistently.
He's more like 6'2 with shoes. 6'1 w/o shoes

maxresdefault.jpg
True.

But even take away size.

How many players at age 22 have averaged a double double with almost 30ppg on a playoff team?

Whenever we see the list I bet every name would be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Shaq and maybe a few others.

I think the fact that Luka is doing it slightly better at the same time has taken away from Trae’s historical greatness.

The media talks about Luka like he’s a child prodigy and wanna treat Trae like a 10 year vet. It’s weird.

:mjpls:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
True.

But even take away size.

How many players at age 22 have averaged a double double with almost 30ppg on a playoff team?

Whenever we see the list I bet every name would be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Shaq and maybe a few others.

I think the fact that Luka is doing it slightly better at the same time has taken away from Trae’s historical greatness.

The media talks about Luka like he’s a child prodigy and wanna treat Trae like a 10 year vet. It’s weird.

:mjpls:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Sure it’s a team effort.

But dudes talk about Trae like he’s just along for the ride. Like he isn’t historically great for his age.
Not sure about historically great, he’s the best playmaker on a playoff team right now he can get that