Why Isn’t Trae Young in the MVP Conversation ?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
if Trae was 6 inches taller and weighed 40 pounds more, they wouldn’t be saying that dumb shyt.

Luka scores more but Trae averages more assists. Luka rebounds more but he’s a 3 with PG skills. Both are nothing to write home about on defense.

cacs just want a white dude to be the best in the league so bad though. Both teams won the trade and both are star players.

cacs on here, in the media and hating ass nikkas act like Luka is Kobe and Trae is Eric Snow. Every podcast I listen to none of them white boys discuss how they had Luka as the runaway MVP this year before the season started, but he’s not even in the discussion now :mjlol:
Doncic is better on defense and yeah he is in the conversation.

His team is 41-29 with him averaging 28/8/8.5. He will be in the top 5-10 range most likely but at this point it’s pretty much decided Jokic will win it.

Y’all mad because he got “crowned” MVP before the season started maybe just maybe dude is really that nice? :ohhh:

Doncic supporting cast is mediocre him and Porzingis be looking like LeBron and Ilgauskas 2.0 :heh:

His team has a good record just not enough for MVP and he’s played just a notch below guys like Embiid, Jokic, Steph, etc.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Doncic is better on defense and yeah he is in the conversation.

His team is 41-29 with him averaging 28/8/8.5. He will be in the top 5-10 range most likely but at this point it’s pretty much decided Jokic will win it.

Y’all mad because he got “crowned” MVP before the season started maybe just maybe dude is really that nice? :ohhh:

Doncic supporting cast is mediocre him and Porzingis be looking like LeBron and Ilgauskas 2.0 :heh:

His team has a good record just not enough for MVP and he’s played just a notch below guys like Embiid, Jokic, Steph, etc.

Trae is averaging 26 and 9 and his team is 40-31 :ohhh:

Nobody has him in the top 5 anymore

every podcast I listen to its Jokic, Embiid, CP3, Curry, Giannis and Beal

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
if Trae was 6 inches taller and weighed 40 pounds more, they wouldn’t be saying that dumb shyt.
If Trae was 6 inches shorter and weighed 40 pounds less, he wouldn't even have made a college squad much less the NBA. :mjlol:

We really gonna front like size doesn't make a HUGE difference? Yes Trae's puny frame is part of why he's one of the worst defenders in the league. We gonna cry about it? :heh:

I’ve been watching the NBA since the 80s. The terrible defense criticism has never been consistently applied.

:mjpls:
True, but that doesn't change that Trae is one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA. Comparing him to Jokic (who is big enough and smart enough that he's basically a net neutral on defense) is just silly.

Other guys who won MVP with bad defense were carried by a great narrative - either the NBA's best record or they were doing something spectacularly different than everyone before them. Hawks have the 11th-best record in the league and his offensive #'s ain't even special before you get to the defense.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Beal isn’t an MVP candidate the Wiz aren’t even .500.

The CP3 thing is some legacy bullshyt.

Like I said Doncic will be in the 5-10 range. Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Lillard, Curry, then you have the other guys.

Doncic has been better than Young and more important to his team success.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If Trae was 6 inches shorter and weighed 40 pounds less, he wouldn't even have made a college squad much less the NBA. :mjlol:

We really gonna front like size doesn't make a HUGE difference? Yes Trae's puny frame is part of why he's one of the worst defenders in the league. We gonna cry about it? :heh:

True, but that doesn't change that Trae is one of the worst defenders in the entire NBA. Comparing him to Jokic (who is big enough and smart enough that he's basically a net neutral on defense) is just silly.

Other guys who won MVP with bad defense were carried by a great narrative - either the NBA's best record or they were doing something spectacularly different than everyone before them. Hawks have the 11th-best record in the league and his offensive #'s ain't even special before you get to the defense.

You never refuted my post yesterday about Beal, Dame and many other players having a worst defensive rating than Trae

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Other guys who won MVP with bad defense were carried by a great narrative - either the NBA's best record or they were doing something spectacularly different than everyone before them. Hawks have the 11th-best record in the league and his offensive #'s ain't even special .
How many 21-22 year olds have put up Trae’s offensive numbers on winning teams in the history of the league?

I wanna see that list and how many names are on it.

When we talk about Trae, sometimes we treat him like he’s 29 years old. Fans have gotten spoiled and a bit dillusional IMO.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
How many 21-22 year olds have put up Trae’s offensive numbers on winning teams in the history of the league?

I wanna see that list and how many names are on it.

When we talk about Trae, sometimes we treat him like he’s 29 years old. Fans have gotten spoiled and a bit dillusional IMO.

Your point would have more merit if he was the actual MVP of his own team though. That distinction belongs to Capela. It's the same logic as to why Mitchell isn't the MVP of his own team. Gobert is.

Defense matters regardless of how much the analytics say otherwise.

btd623

All Star
Daps
Not saying Trae should be in the MVP convo but where was this love for Capela when he was in Houston?

He was putting up the same type of numbers.

Rockets had him on the block for a while and barely got shyt for him(even though hes on a good ass contract).

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Atlanta Hawk fans..... Do you bite the bullet and match whatever offer comes in for Collins or do you still go through with the sign and trade depending on the price?

I wouldn't be too keen on paying a player a near max extension with no defined role on defense and can't generate offense without being assisted on. In a way, I feel like Capela makes him expendable, which is why they traded for him in the first place.

Not a hawks fan, but the issue is who else is out there that can help them out like that?

I wouldn’t want to pay him that much either though

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
That's why I hate that everyone in the league is putting up numbers as it creates these type of questions with no validity.

Everyone that puts up numbers want to be in the MVP or All NBA conversation lol.
I mean when u have some of the best #s and ur team is performing 10x better than the year before. What are u supposed to want?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I mean when u have some of the best #s and ur team is performing 10x better than the year before. What are u supposed to want?

They have performed better than last year, but it's not because of him though to consider MVP consideration.

If we're going by that logic, then Booker would be the MVP for Phoenix this year just because they have a better record.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

He gets those stats on bad shooting #'s, high turnovers and terrible defense. And despite playing in the easier conference he's got the 11th-best record in the NBA.

Luka's team is 20-9 against the East. Trae's team is 16-13 against the West. If they switched conferences the difference in their records would be even bigger.

And Luka, with more efficient play, better defense, and a better record, STILL isn't seriously in the MVP conversation. That's how far Trae is from making it.

You never refuted my post yesterday about Beal, Dame and many other players having a worst defensive rating than Trae
Because defensive rating is a useless stat that depends way too much on how your teammates perform. NO ONE serious uses defensive rating to evaluate players. If you watch basketball and seriously think that Dame and Beal are worse defenders than Trae, I have to question what you're watching.

This metric isn't perfect either but it's a lot better than "defensive rating". Trae looking lonely there in the bottom corner.

E1HgAZZWYAAVJn9

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Not a hawks fan, but the issue is who else is out there that can help them out like that?

I wouldn’t want to pay him that much either though

He isn't that good though if you look deeper into the numbers though. Capela is the more impactful big man for them at a lower cost.