Why Isn’t Trae Young in the MVP Conversation ?

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
The Hawks are currently a 4 seed, just like the Nuggets...

The roster has been riddled with injuries all season just like the Nuggets.

He doesn’t defend anyone just like the leading MVP candidate from the Nuggets.

Not saying he deserves it. But the fact he’s not even in the conversation seems like media hate.

Narratives!!!! Players like him, Westbrook, Carmelo, Dwight, etc. get this media narrative about what type players they are and it takes years to clear.
The real issue is that he won't even make an All-NBA Team.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So many members of "New Hoops Media" went out on the limb proclaiming the Hawks Luka trade was the worst transaction in the history of modern sports.

They have to ride that opinion to the wheels fall off by downplaying Trae's accomplishments.

if Trae was 6 inches taller and weighed 40 pounds more, they wouldn’t be saying that dumb shyt.

Luka scores more but Trae averages more assists. Luka rebounds more but he’s a 3 with PG skills. Both are nothing to write home about on defense.

cacs just want a white dude to be the best in the league so bad though. Both teams won the trade and both are star players.

cacs on here, in the media and hating ass nikkas act like Luka is Kobe and Trae is Eric Snow. Every podcast I listen to none of them white boys discuss how they had Luka as the runaway MVP this year before the season started, but he’s not even in the discussion now :mjlol:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
Nate McMillan has been mediocre at best for 20 years. Now all of a sudden he's Popovich?

:camby:

:dwillhuh:

We have the 4th best record in the NBA since March 1 (the date Nate took over)

10 straight home wins

That’s Nate coaching em up...but if you’re trying to push a narrative for Coli hot takes then be my guest :yeshrug:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
if Trae was 6 inches taller and weighed 40 pounds more, they wouldn’t be saying that dumb shyt.

Luka scores more but Trae averages more assists. Luka rebounds more but he’s a 3 with PG skills. Both are nothing to write home about on defense.

cacs just want a white dude to be the best in the league so bad though. Both teams won the trade and both are star players.

cacs on here, in the media and hating ass nikkas act like Luka is Kobe and Trae is Eric Snow. Every podcast I listen to none of them white boys discuss how they had Luka as the runaway MVP this year before the season started, but he’s not even in the discussion now :mjlol:

I don't even think its about size breh.

If Jimmer Fredette at age 22 was putting up 28 & 9 for a 4th seed. He would 100% percent be in the MVP conversation. Anyone that denies that is a liar.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even think its about size breh.

If Jimmer Fredette at age 22 was putting up 28 & 9 for a 4th seed. He would 100% percent be in the MVP conversation. Anyone that denies that is a liar.

the mvp talks go to people who have been in the convo the whole season Jokic, joel, others. Trae wasn’t even an allstar (he should have been) but you just don’t come on strong in the last quarter of the season and end up in the mvp convo.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Atlanta Hawk fans..... Do you bite the bullet and match whatever offer comes in for Collins or do you still go through with the sign and trade depending on the price?

I wouldn't be too keen on paying a player a near max extension with no defined role on defense and can't generate offense without being assisted on. In a way, I feel like Capela makes him expendable, which is why they traded for him in the first place.