Why isn't DJ Quik a bigger deal

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
what was the DJ Quik beat that stood out the most in the 90's??

:jbhmm:

Dre got numerous stand out beats...Eric Sermon too....Preemo, Havoc, Rza and Pete Rock.

What DJ Quik beat was the #1 over the top beat .
The true talent of Dj Quik is he didn't make "beats" he produced real music

When people heard this they didn't ask what hiphop producer made this beat? Because it didn't sound like a hiphop beat

If somebody like Rza or Preemo made a beat for a R&B group in the 90's it wouldn't sound like a beautifully produced song it would just sound like a R&B group singing over a hiphop instrumental

Get what I'm sayin?

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
Just cause Quik wasn't as commercially successful as his contemporaries doesn't mean he isn't as good or better. I can't see anybody that's been named doing the job he did with All Eyez On Me, work in Jazz, R&B, etc. I'd check for his album over a new RZA/Pete Rock solo album, and they're all in my top 5. He's one of the few to remain consistently dope and innovative over the past 3 decades.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The true talent of Dj Quik is he didn't make "beats" he produced real music

When people heard this they didn't ask what hiphop producer made this beat? Because it didn't sound like a hiphop beat

If somebody like Rza or Preemo made a beat for a R&B group in the 90's it wouldn't sound like a beautifully produced song it would just sound like a R&B group singing over a hiphop instrumental

Get what I'm sayin?

I'm ignoring all that other irrelevent stuff u said because Rza and Preemo produced real music as well....That R&B nonsense u were spewing was a nice little deflection from the reality that Quik had no stand out songs in the 90's like that....so are u sayin the Toni Tony Tone song is Quiks stand out song of the 90's?? Because I disagree...when talking Tomi, Tony Tone in the 90's they have way more songs that stand out over that one u just picked.

LOL @ u having to go R&B when actually trying to pick out a stand out DJ Quik song. Reaching like that proves my point. There is no stand out song.

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
I'm ignoring all that other irrelevent stuff u said because Rza and Preemo produced real music as well....That R&B nonsense u were spewing was a nice little deflection from the reality that Quik had no stand out songs in the 90's like that....so are u sayin the Toni Tony Tone song is Quiks stand out song of the 90's?? Because I disagree...when talking Tomi, Tony Tone in the 90's they have way more songs that stand out over that one u just picked.

LOL @ u having to go R&B when actually trying to pick out a stand out DJ Quik song. Reaching like that proves my point. There is no stand out song.
What real music did Rza and Preemo produce in the 90's? I'm talking Music not a hiphop beat. Not a sample over a drum loop lol

And no I'm not saying the Toni Tony Tone was Quiks stand out song I was just giving example of real music production vs a hiphop beat

And Quik didn't have a commercial/mainstream hit in the 90's so I would say he didn't have a stand out song But he did have 2 stand out albums. Safe and Sound and Rhythmalism are Classic Albums.. no doubt about it

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What real music did Rza and Preemo produce in the 90's? I'm talking Music not a hiphop beat. Not a sample over a drum loop lol

And no I'm not saying the Toni Tony Tone was Quiks stand out song I was just giving example of real music production vs a hiphop beat

And Quik didn't have a commercial/mainstream hit in the 90's so I would say he didn't have a stand out song But he did have 2 stand out albums. Safe and Sound and Rhythmalism are Classic Albums.. no doubt about it

...wait...why would u use some weird made up rule where real music is defined by not using a sample drum loop and act like Quiks history doesnt include that. LOL That would disqualify Quik as well.:heh:

That would also Disqualify Dilla and Q Tip.:stopitslime:

...U aligned Quik with a popular R&B band to prove some sort of point that had nothing to do with the fact that Quik had no stand out song like that in the 90's

Preemo got with Branford Marsalis to do the saxaphone thing and got Chaka Khan to do the vocals on this song.

Guru said "I want this as a single" and made it into a video..Now yes the song is a sample flip but Preemo has alligned his style with jazz and R&B, thats me showing he has a history of going outside of the Hip Hop genre.

But you want no samples.... Tho I totally disagree that not using samples defines "Real music" For argument sake of your weird made up rule I'l play along and say u got me with Preemo but come on homie....U know Rza got u with the no smaple thing

This song right here is Rza inventing like Coltrane

He gave Holocause his 1 memorable verse with this..

Both of those tracks sound like Classic Wu Tang shyt which means originality and both of them are Rza working the machine.

I dare you to say this isn't "Real music."