Why isn't DJ Quik a bigger deal

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
I think he's a gangster at heart and don't want to be big in the fame sense. I was thinking about quik the other day though. That 24k magic track sounds like quik production wise and flow wise. Either he had his hand in the track on the low or he was some kind of influence for it. Does anyone know if there's a connection to mars and/or that track and quik?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't know. I wasn't around to experience it..

Safe and sound is his best work though imo.

LOL @ Safe N Sound

I was there....

Quik never had a "Come Clean" or "Kick In The Door" like Preemo.....Quik never had a "Shook Ones 2" like havoc....Quik never had a "Triump" like Rza. Quik never had a TROY like Peter Rock.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I remember a older Mexican dude told me he went from gangster rap to RnB so it made me think:ohhh:

And y'all notice alot of Mexicans listen to Quik and Suga Free:dead:
The only West coast artists that get props (and even they dont get enough) are Ruthless Deathrow Alumni.
Other than that you get swept under the rug.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
LOL @ Safe N Sound

I was there....

Quik never had a "Come Clean" or "Kick In The Door" like Preemo.....Quik never had a "Shook Ones 2" like havoc....Quik never had a "Triump" like Rza. Quik never had a TROY like Peter Rock.

Alright cool that's like your opinion.

I don't agree though. Maybe you should listen to safe and sound again

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
"E-I-H-T, now should I continue..."

You can spot a lot of casuals cause they don't include that track into top 10 disses of all time. In my opinion, the only diss track along with No Vaseline that doesn't have a single weak part

Long time Eiht stan, and I still feel a certain way reading that or hearing that. Almost negged you for that sh!t. That line was serious. I still prefer Eiht and CMW's music to Quik's though, although he's grown on me in recent years. I love his Groove series.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
Long time Eiht stan, and I still feel a certain way reading that or hearing that. Almost negged you for that sh!t. That line was serious. I still prefer Eiht and CMW's music to Quik's though, although he's grown on me in recent years. I love his Groove series.

I was never into eiht he's got a couple songs I like, but the super gangster act was kinda corny.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Alright cool that's like your opinion.

I don't agree though. Maybe you should listen to safe and sound again

LOL @ opinion.

No nikka....u said u weren t there....There wasn't any song from Safe N Sound that stood out when that album came out on such a level. The MC Eiht diss wasn't even originally on that album first.

Quik doesnt have 1 song that stood out on that level like that in the 90's.

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
LOL @ opinion.

No nikka....u said u weren t there....There wasn't any song from Safe N Sound that stood out when that album came out on such a level. The MC Eiht diss wasn't even originally on that album first.

Quik doesnt have 1 song that stood out on that level like that in the 90's.

Alright breh you win. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
Quik was always mediocre on the mic so lyrically he never stood out.
Quik's stuff is not intended to be on some lyrical shyt. Its about a vibe, a lifestyle, a mood, a groove, a feelin'. Either you get it or you don't, that's why you always see/hear people swear "He's the GOAT :gladbron:" or its "Quik ain't nothing special :wtb:". Either you get it or you don't and I won't blame you for not gettin' it but only say you missing out dawg. :manny:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Quik's stuff is not intended to be on some lyrical shyt. Its about a vibe, a lifestyle, a mood, a groove, a feelin'. Either you get it or you don't, that's why you always see/hear people swear "He's the GOAT :gladbron:" or its "Quik ain't nothing special :wtb:". Either you get it or you don't and I won't blame you for not gettin' it but only say you missing out dawg. :manny:

OP asked a question....I answered. U then quoted my response to op with something totally irrelevant.

If that vibe/groove/feeling that u are referring to is enjoying mediocre lyrics then by all means do you.