Why is the Camron/dipset movement not regarded as the blueprint for current hiphop today?

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
I’m a fan of Future and I’ve heard some of Max B’s music but I don’t see it fam, it still sounds like a reach to me but ok :manny:

:comeon:

635838493977439708-2147194785_max-b-1.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-07-16-at-20.41.13.png

Never mind the fact that he jacked the FBG logo from Dipset :comeon:

MyMindWarpsandBends

33119 AllMoneyIn4Ever
Daps
:comeon:

635838493977439708-2147194785_max-b-1.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-07-16-at-20.41.13.png

Never mind the fact that he jacked the FBG logo from Dipset :comeon:

So you sayin the fact that Future wears shades and fitted caps (just like a lot of nikkas do/have done) means he’s influenced by Max B? It’s easier to say he was influenced by Dip-Set as a whole through Wayne who brought the whole “rockstar” trend to prominence in the late 2000s. (And also has a habit of wearing shades and fitted caps, as well as drinking lean and promoting drug usage)

The logo thing may be legit fam but without any concrete proof it still sounds like a reach to me, creative nikkas come up with common ideas all the time, and how do we know it was even Future who came up with the logo in the first place?

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
So you sayin the fact that Future wears shades and fitted caps (just like a lot of nikkas do/have done) means he’s influenced by Max B? It’s easier to say he was influenced by Dip-Set as a whole through Wayne who brought the whole “rockstar” trend to prominence in the late 2000s. (And also has a habit of wearing shades and fitted caps, as well as drinking lean and promoting drug usage)

The logo thing may be legit fam but without any concrete proof it still sounds like a reach to me, creative nikkas come up with common ideas all the time, and how do we know it was even Future who came up with the logo in the first place?
his dress.code definitely wasn't some atl shyte like i said bro was looking like a member of the extended dips entourage

tune was screaming dip.south when he started becoming iconic mixtape.weezy

& the fbg logo looking like the diplomats logo maybe that's just fate

:manny:

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham

future-max-b.jpg

What more do you want you obtuse ass nikka :comeon:

MyMindWarpsandBends

33119 AllMoneyIn4Ever
Daps
future-max-b.jpg

What more do you want you obtuse ass nikka :comeon:

You know what fam, you might be right maybe he was influenced by Max after all, I ain’t never been no kinda obtuse nikka tho I stated my opinion just like you cuh so miss me with the name callin

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
Dipset was young, fly and flashy. Fredo Santana and those kids was nothin like that.

Top Ny movements Imo was dipset and g unit.
Dipset being yount fly and flashy is just an extension
Of rae and ghost and nas and big being young fly and flashy
Which was an extension of slick rick, g rap, rakim and kane beinh young fly and flashy
Which was an extension of ...; etc

Cam didnt do nothing that wasnt done before.

And dipset does get their props. Because they did influence a lot. French is STILL hot and a top 5 nyc artist with hits right now. So their influence is still out there. Asap is another by way extension.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
I swear rap is the only genre where the artist have a shelf life and are forgotten forever. I was talking to a young breh in college who don't even know who project Pat is

ehh.

bad example bro.

project pat was never much or a known name to begin with. I wouldn't expect someone who wasn't around to know who he was either.

Dipset were legendary but they didn't do anything that Wu Tang didn't already do years before and on a much bigger level (music/sales/tours/fashion/movies/video games etc)

They were definitely the sequel to Wu but more of a straight to DVD sequel that didn't top the original

dipset & wutang were structured similarly, but that's pretty much where the comparison stops.
musically, they were on opposite sides of the spectrum.

im trying to figure out what wutang has to do with this thread in the first place.

Dipset was young, fly and flashy. Fredo Santana and those kids was nothin like that.

Top Ny movements Imo was dipset and g unit.

nah, half of dipset stuff was hardcore. really most of it, when you include all the sub-crews.
I even remember one of them(lil reese?) had hell rell in their video.

top NY movements? nobody had it locked like the ruff ryderrs. unless you want to take points away for their 2nd biggest star being from philly.

My thing is all these other groups were dope but the current game is a subset of the specific patterns of the dipset movement and cams swagger in his prime migos lil Wayne etc all these young cats all the way samples are flipped in beats, dipset the only group that I remember can reach different avenues of hiphop but it seems like people wanna judge them only off "lyricism" but to me they're influence in terms of current >>>> any other group in hip hop

people who say dipset weren't lyrical, really didn't listen to dipset, and prolly just know jones & Juelz or some chit.

dipset had the best lineup of lyricists as well, in their day.

Last edited:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I swear rap is the only genre where the artist have a shelf life and are forgotten forever. I was talking to a young breh in college who don't even know who project Pat is

Thats different,thats just pure ignorance on his part,and there is potential for him to become a Project Pat fan. Especially if he likes todays trap music.
Dipset on the other hand,people who were rap fans around that time knew who they were,and they had a strong youth movement.
But with that said,their music was for the moment and hasn't aged all that well at all. Alot of their popularity was based on them being "rebels" and outrageous style and antics. Dips won't be remembered because their music wasn't great,Kanye will get the same treatment once his relevancy finally dies down.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
They were the blueprint of getting a buzz and releasing actual songs on mixtapes, Wu wasnt doing that, I think G unit gets more credit even though Dips actually started it

Mega started it. 50 was after Mega, so G-Unit started it.

1st rappers I remember doing it were the major figgas.

they also had more influence over wayne than dipset did.

I say Hot Boyz birthed most of these nikkas, just my opinion
Id agree more with Hot Boys cuz rappers be rapping the southern style even if they are from new york

ehh, if we're taking it that far back, then you gotta mention the tank too.

I never understand why people are quick to cite the hot boys/cash money influence, when no limit's music gets sampled way more.

I just wish max n jim worked out, dip set with max n french would have been some next level shyt. Couple Harry Fraud beats, couple of JR n Chinx features. Would have been amazing :mjgrin:

HELL NO

Frenchie is garbage. he ruined 95% of the max b tracks he was on.

Last edited:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Dipset being yount fly and flashy is just an extension
Of rae and ghost and nas and big being young fly and flashy
Which was an extension of slick rick, g rap, rakim and kane beinh young fly and flashy
Which was an extension of ...; etc

Cam didnt do nothing that wasnt done before.

And dipset does get their props. Because they did influence a lot. French is STILL hot and a top 5 nyc artist with hits right now. So their influence is still out there. Asap is another by way extension.
Wasn’t nobody out here dressing like rae and ghost and nas. And unless you 50 years old miss me talking bout slick rick and Kane.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
1st rappers I remember doing it were the major figgas.

they also had more influence over wayne than dipset did.

ehh, if we're taking it that far back, then you gotta mention the tank too.

I never understand why people are quick to cite the hot boys/cash money influence, when no limit's music gets sampled way more.

Nah. Cash Money gets sampled and refrenced way more.

"Get your roll on"

"Cash Money is a army"

"Back Dat Azz Up"

"Still Fly"

"Ha"

"The Block Is Hot"

"Bout My Paper-BG"

"Clean Up Man"

"Millionaire Dream"

"Top of the line nikka"

Last edited:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Nah. Cash Money gets sampled and refrenced way more.

yea but most of this is worldstar trash tho. I moreso meant the stuff that makes a mark. I should've been more clear tho.

and how you gonna open your post with jeezy, knowing darn well he was influenced more by master p than anybody on cash money?

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
yea but most of this is worldstar trash tho. I moreso meant the stuff that makes a mark. I should've been more clear tho.

and how you gonna open your post with jeezy, knowing darn well he was influenced more by master p than anybody on cash money?

What No Limit samples tracks have made a mark in the past few years?