Why is the Camron/dipset movement not regarded as the blueprint for current hiphop today?

ll_simon

GQ MoTY Candidate
Daps
Reppin
#NJLives #LWO
Dipset were legendary but they didn't do anything that Wu Tang didn't already do years before and on a much bigger level (music/sales/tours/fashion/movies/video games etc)

They were definitely the sequel to Wu but more of a straight to DVD sequel that didn't top the original
This is actually a very accurate description :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
I swear rap is the only genre where the artist have a shelf life and are forgotten forever. I was talking to a young breh in college who don't even know who project Pat is
its not just rap, i knew a 22 yr old chick who had no clue who Aaliyah was

she was asian tho so.... that might have something to do with it

but she was ur typical beyonce/rihanna RnB/Hiphop stan from NY so i felt she shoulda known who Aaliyah is

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Dipset were legendary but they didn't do anything that Wu Tang didn't already do years before and on a much bigger level (music/sales/tours/fashion/movies/video games etc)

They were definitely the sequel to Wu but more of a straight to DVD sequel that didn't top the original
Dipset crew/brand was nothing like wu tang.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Dipset crew/brand was nothing like wu tang.
I disagree

they definitely had a movement and a wave, like breh said, Fredro Santana and all them lil kids that grew up on dipset basically modeled themselves after them

it just wasn't bigger than Wu's, but besides Wu and Ruffyders i don't think there was a bigger movement in NY besides Dipset, they're definitely top 3

Rocafella don't count since 85 percent of their roster consisted of Philly dudes

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
I disagree

they definitely had a movement and a wave, like breh said, Fredro Santana and all them lil kids that grew up on dipset basically modeled themselves after them

it just wasn't bigger than Wu's, but besides Wu and Ruffyders i don't think there was a bigger movement in NY besides Dipset, they're definitely top 3

Rocafella don't count since 85 percent of their roster consisted of Philly dudes
Dipset was young, fly and flashy. Fredo Santana and those kids was nothin like that.

Top Ny movements Imo was dipset and g unit.

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thing is all these other groups were dope but the current game is a subset of the specific patterns of the dipset movement and cams swagger in his prime migos lil Wayne etc all these young cats all the way samples are flipped in beats, dipset the only group that I remember can reach different avenues of hiphop but it seems like people wanna judge them only off "lyricism" but to me they're influence in terms of current >>>> any other group in hip hop

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
they do

but some of the stuff they have been up to recently messes it up

they will always be legends, but they could currently do much more too :ehh: