Why is the Camron/dipset movement not regarded as the blueprint for current hiphop today?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Dipset were legendary but they didn't do anything that Wu Tang didn't already do years before and on a much bigger level (music/sales/tours/fashion/movies/video games etc)

They were definitely the sequel to Wu but more of a straight to DVD sequel that didn't top the original

:dead:

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
I just wish max n jim worked out, dip set with max n french would have been some next level shyt. Couple Harry Fraud beats, couple of JR n Chinx features. Would have been amazing :mjgrin:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear rap is the only genre where the artist have a shelf life and are forgotten forever. I was talking to a young breh in college who don't even know who project Pat is

To be fair, Pat hasn't really had a big album since Mista Don't Play. I wouldn't expect someone who wasn't brought up on Three Six Mafia or was a Southern Hip Hop head to know Project Pat.

MyMindWarpsandBends

33119 AllMoneyIn4Ever
Daps
:comeon: youre just wasting my time now.

I think those similarities might be more of a coincidence than him actually being influenced by Max, and do you mean in terms of fashion or the music? Because either way I can’t see it outside of a few small details in Futures music

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
future got most of his style from max b.

and dipset's influence on wayne is beyond documented.
look back at early future if you ain't know where he was from you could've mistaken him for a byrdgang member or part of gain.greene

first time i heard deeper than the ocean i said this nikka the down.south biggavellz call it the codeine.wave