Why is the Camron/dipset movement not regarded as the blueprint for current hiphop today?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
As usual nikkas mentioning Cam influence , while deliberately neglecting Jim Jones influence in urban fashion which is clearly more apparent than cams lol
I don't get that shyt, all nikkas talk about is but Cam had nikkas wearing pink :mindblown: :shaq2:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Imagine a Diplomatic Immunity 3, soulful selections from Heatmakerz, Dougie on the Beat, Dizzy Banko, Buda & Grandz some anthem level productions from Jahlil Beats, features from the new NY crop of talent Boogie, M.A., East, Rocky, Don, French, Neek Bucks could all match their vibe, some features from other cities like Meek, Lucci, Durk, G-Herbo or Bibby, Gotti, Moneybagg, Nipsey, some veterans like a Fab or the LOX

shyt would be fukking heat rocks :heh:
How? only Jim Jones still capable of rapping right.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Cam invented swag rap
full

Cam equals Mase son, Mase provided the paternity last year.......

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
How? only Jim Jones still capable of rapping right.
I mean Cam can still write decent it’s his voice that’s cooked. He might be the weak link. Jim would be the strong link and would want executive producing the whole project.

Juelz is cool

Don't know what J.R. Writer's relationship is anymore but he's only 34 he still could still spit. With good production, direction, and the features it could be a good project even though they past their prime.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They were the blueprint of getting a buzz and releasing actual songs on mixtapes, Wu wasnt doing that, I think G unit gets more credit even though Dips actually started it

Mega started it. 50 was after Mega, so G-Unit started it.

kBNeRd281

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Other Side of Da Game
They may have influenced a couple kats and also with fashion

but not really in my opinion

basically no one reminds me of dipset

i can't hear any type of influence but maybe u could point it out

in this era nothing seems to be a reference point

yall point to these kats with maybe 1 hit song but are gone so quick how they be something u can refer too as being a dipset influence?

in this era scratching the surface in mainstream doesn't solidify as something u can refer back to unless they are around more then 1 year on the mainstream level

holding their own weight getting radio spins not just cuz they do a song with a known rapper maybe get 1 song on the radio spinned for 2 months then forgot about

thats not a reference point to say this person was influenced but rap groups like Dipset

couple lil acts come out with the dipset influence know u saying they influencing all the new era shyt

the guys u mention may have not been on that mainstream level for then 1 whole year

just get a lil hype and you wanna write it in cement

either way im not seeing it unless u point out something