Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Mott Haven skyline looks crazier every time I go past. The rendering is starting to come to life on some downtown Brooklyn or Long Island City shyt…

im-816196

101_Lincoln_Avenue_770x500.jpg
It's crazy every time I pass through on the Deegan, I'm passing through a part of The Bronx. shyt looks so out of place though.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
too ethnic is a bullet for it being the worst borough :dahell:

when you moving to Staten Island dawg :mjlol:
those bullets are the reasons why folks say it's the worst borough

are you slow¿

moving wouldn't change anything my family is too ethnic i'm too ethnic

ha

Waka FICO Flamez

Bricksquad Monopoly
Daps
It's probably the least gentrified, which has a part to due with rep. It also outside of Staten island is the most isolated, making more of a noman's land and wild west

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
When the OP says "worst" he's talking about as far as the aesthetics, the crime, poverty, people, etc. Obviously SI ranks dead last because it's an out of sight, out of mind place.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
:mjlol: This is not true and you're not from NYC.

NY is diverse as fukk even when it comes to black people

Also who the fukk says "na’mean" anymore? Sounds like what cacs think black people sound like

nikka smd. I was born and raised in bk , moron. Miss me with that cac shyt.

I didnt even specifically say “black people” , you dumb fukking cac. I said dusty nikkas meaning new yorkers in general.

Smh @ some goofy with a 2017 join date trying to tell me where im from :what:

Ive been on the sohh/coli since 2008 repping brooklyn. fukk outta here and suck my dikk, p*ssy.

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m
…bcuz there’s the rest. :skip:

cool post/thread tho. :cool:
My office was located in the Bronx for years and every time me and coworkers wanted to go out it’ll be I know a really good insert type of food * in the city or queens lmao .

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I dunno but y'all will like these 1961 BX scenes. 😉

Naked City​

- A Hole in the City​

Aunt Florence Nunda, Sylvia Sidney was from the BX. Amazing how fire is a word in the lexicon youngens use today.

"During the Depression, Sidney appeared in a string of films, often playing the girlfriend or sister of a gangster. "
Get this G film under film belts!
City Streets (1931 film) - Wikipedia

City Streets 1931. Gary Cooper, Sylvia Sidney, Paul Lukas, Guy Kibbee, Wynne Gibson A mobster's daughter (Sylvia Sidney) leads her boyfriend (Gary Cooper) from the circus into bootlegging.

She was friends with Bogart from Manhattan and his wife Bacall from BK in real life.

"As her career began to wane at the end of the decade, Sidney starred in a handful of films with Humphrey Bogart, including Dead End and The Wagons Roll at Night. Although she was great friends with Bogart and his wife Lauren Bacall, according to her biographer Scott O’Brien, after a night of heavy drinking Bogart issued an anti-Semitic remark toward Sidney that ended with her throwing her drink—and her glass—in his face, cutting his eye. Bacall reportedly said he deserved it, while Bogart was impressed, telling Sidney, “Didn’t know you had that kind of fire.”

I re-watched the Naked City episode and there was a scene filmed right in front of Yankee Stadium!

And never forget in what borough Hip-Hop was born!

HipHop50 - Yankee Stadium Livestream

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I’m

My office was located in the Bronx for years and every time me and coworkers wanted to go out it’ll be I know a really good insert type of food * in the city or queens lmao .
Sounds like y’all have a bias, was scary, or were looking for the typical post-gentrification 21st century city offerings.

The Bronx has great restaurants and food.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Someone had asked if the Bronx has suburbs and I had to stop to think. And I gotta say that Yokers, Mt. Vernon and New Rochelle are all I could come up with but they are cities unto themselves. How can a borough have cities as suburbs? :ohlawd:

The Bronx really just has that much juice when you look at it.

thats 914 territory dawg.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I'm from Mt. Vernon and after college I moved to Harlem. But I got a lot of friends in the Bronx so I frequent the area. Bronx is the poorest borough but it also is probably the most NY out of the rest. Most people there are from NY while Manhattan and Brooklyn got a bunch of transplants.
Being a Harlem Bronx niqqa the last 20 years and only really visiting Queens and Brooklyn I gotta say I like Queens better, food is amazing and the people are more down to earth. Brooklyn is the most overrated borough, they got this artsy pretense about them and try to act like they are liver than other boroughs when I don't think so and they let gentrification go nuts there. You gotta give it to the BX and to a lesser extent Queens they held their ground and still feels like it did 20 years ago.
Staten Island is just really hard to get to so people don't even consider it. I would say most NYers never even been there. lol
SI is huge and really should be its own thing. It's weird it's a borough of NYC.

ohh shyt we in here brethren :salute:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
those bullets are the reasons why folks say it's the worst borough

are you slow¿

moving wouldn't change anything my family is too ethnic i'm too ethnic

ha

shyt breh use some MF quotes or something; looking like you the source for OPs question :russ:

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
nikka smd. I was born and raised in bk , moron. Miss me with that cac shyt.

I didnt even specifically say “black people” , you dumb fukking cac. I said dusty nikkas meaning new yorkers in general.

Smh @ some goofy with a 2017 join date trying to tell me where im from :what:

Ive been on the sohh/coli since 2008 repping brooklyn. fukk outta here and suck my dikk, p*ssy.

This nikka over here talking about join dates and defunct forums and shyt Foh:mjlol:

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
I'm from Mt. Vernon and after college I moved to Harlem. But I got a lot of friends in the Bronx so I frequent the area. Bronx is the poorest borough but it also is probably the most NY out of the rest. Most people there are from NY while Manhattan and Brooklyn got a bunch of transplants.
Being a Harlem Bronx niqqa the last 20 years and only really visiting Queens and Brooklyn I gotta say I like Queens better, food is amazing and the people are more down to earth. Brooklyn is the most overrated borough, they got this artsy pretense about them and try to act like they are liver than other boroughs when I don't think so and they let gentrification go nuts there. You gotta give it to the BX and to a lesser extent Queens they held their ground and still feels like it did 20 years ago.
Staten Island is just really hard to get to so people don't even consider it. I would say most NYers never even been there. lol
SI is huge and really should be its own thing. It's weird it's a borough of NYC.
914 in the building. I'm from New Rochelle:myman:

Bro. Did you know that Mount Vernon and Yonkers was almost part of NYC?

In 1894, the voters of Mount Vernon participated in a referendum on whether they wanted to consolidate into a new "City of Greater New York." The cities of Brooklyn (Kings County) and Long Island City, the western towns and villages of Queens County, and all of day Staten Island all voted to join with Manhattan and The Bronx. However, the returns were so negative in Mount Vernon and the adjacent city of Yonkers that those two areas were not included in the consolidated city and remain independent to this day

It's fascinating because compared to the rest of Westchester County, Yonkers and Mount Vernon has the most urban landscape