Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
North and South Brother Island

north-brother_island-aerial.jpg

North Brother Island is a small island located in the East River of New York City. The island has a rich and varied history, with its most notable use being as a quarantine center for infectious diseases such as smallpox and tuberculosis in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It was also the site of the tragic General Slocum steamship disaster in 1904, which claimed over 1,000 lives. In the mid-20th century, the island was used as a rehabilitation center for drug addicts, and later as a housing facility for war veterans and their families. Today, the island is uninhabited and off-limits to the public, serving as a bird sanctuary and nature preserve.

021712nobro6.jpg
North-Brother-Island-15-Morgue-plant-from-dock.0.0.1450311800.0.jpg

ht_payne_Tuberculosis_Pavilion_Lobby_11_kb_140515_14x11_1600.jpg

christopherpayne_northbrotherisland4.jpg

9cc8bc55-0001-0004-0000-000000786127_w1200_r1.5_fpx30_fpy45.jpg

abandoned-house.jpg

christopherpayne_northbrotherisland1.jpg

In 1904, a steamship carried German churchgoers from the Lower East Side to Long Island for a Sunday School jaunt. Somehow, a spark lit in a storage room that kept barrels of oil. The fire spread through the ship just as it reached Hell Gate. The ship captain hurtled forward to North Brother Island, but over a thousand passengers had already perished.

Several years later, Mary Mallon, an Irish immigrant working as a cook, tested positive for tuberculosis. The Department of Health forced her into quarantine on North Brother Island where, apart from a five-year reprieve, she would live the rest of her life in isolation. The lore of Typhoid Mary’s quarantine attracts the city’s lovers of all things creepy, medical, and abandoned.

Still etched into the walls of a decrepit hospital lie an inmate’s infamous words: “Help me I am being held here against my

As mentioned above, Parks limits access to North Brother Island
because of its difficult location, the challenging and potentially hazardous condition of the terrain and built environment, and wildlife concerns.

South Brother Island

north-brother_island-aerial-e1569436514177.jpg

South Brother Island is a small island located in the East River of New York City, specifically in the Bronx borough.

South Brother Island was sold for $10 in 1975.

South Brother, situated between the Bronx and Queens and within sight of the Rikers Island guard towers, will most likely be left as it is, officials said, preserved as a nature sanctuary and administered by the city’s Department of Parks and Recreation.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What part of BX you from bruh?

BK and Queens are definitely up there, because for me, the best places for black people qualify as being the best places in America...

I can find unique places that are great for us elsewhere too though that, sure, don't offer a NY/BK/Qns experience, but offer the experience that is unique and local to that place. My only hang-up with many NYers is that many carry this attitude that NY should be everyone's favorite place because they think so or say so. You know I love Western NY, and the attitudes Borough cats tend to have towards Upstate is wack to me, because I much rather prefer Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo to Manhattan. And sometimes people can't understand that because they apply their values and what matters to them, to other people who just may not feel the same way about things they do...

For sure for sure though, The Bronx is better than most places. It's better than Elmira 🤣...
I'm from Morrisania a neighborhood in the South Bronx.

I hear you city people can be pretty annoying with that shyt.

Those cities you mentioned have their own charm, they are smaller rust belt cities, with a more close knit vibe, residentially mostly houses built for families that worked those old factories, they carry more of that underdog vibe, people tend to authentic and neighborly, good mom and pop food spots, die hard for their lone local sports (Syracuse Orange basketball, Buffalo Bills), women are approachable out those cities I'd say 'Cuse has the best looking women their legit. If you hold certain values which I kind of outlined I could see the preference.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bronx gonna be a completely different borough in 10-15 years...

The red tape that's stopping it is slowly going away
Oh, its legit I was at the hip-hop museum they had an exhibition on the Golden Era its free entry all this month and its in the temporary site (I recommend it).

The actual site is almost complete and contains apartments and commercial space. You go up by Gauchos Basketball Gym and Hostos Community College and its looking Brooklyn-esque, a lot of new luxury apartment buildings. Out in Mott Haven the eateries, bars, coffee shops, book stores, murals are coming in, new construction, and leasing space available everywhere. Fat Joe got his sneaker store, the South BoX boxing gym some dope French-Mex fusion spot and this is all close to the projects all on the same strip.

This area is the next Williamsburg or Long Island City by 2030.

Last edited:

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The majority of the world disagrees with you.

It's ok you think she's oversaturated in the media but you don't have to lie to kick it my nikka. :mjlol:
What's so special about her? Ohhhh it's because she's light skin. Got it.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She could be dark as Lupita and still turn heads

Again you don't gotta lie to kick it G :russ:
She's a light skin bop from the Bronx. Maybe I'm not impressed bc i grew up in NY right on the border of the BX. More power to you tho breh breh

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
She's a light skin bop from the Bronx. Maybe I'm not impressed bc i grew up in NY right on the border of the BX. More power to you tho breh breh
I'm from the Bronx she bad she's an around the way standout

She's not "special" women are everywhere it ain't nothing to see a bad bytch anymore

But someone with nice lips, nice cheekbones, her size with a nice bubble like her who comes off as real chill she's definitely very attractive

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
PT.2 SPLIT ROCK, PELHAM BAY PARK, BRONX NY

p3780365587-4.jpg

rock-with-sigs.jpg

Split Rock is a notable geological feature located in the Bronx, New York City. Here's some information about it:

Split Rock is a massive boulder that has a large split running down the middle, giving it its distinctive appearance. It's a popular landmark and a point of interest for both locals and visitors. The rock is located in the Split Rock Golf Course, which is a public golf course situated within the Bronx.

The Split Rock Golf Course, also known as the Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Courses, is a well-known golfing destination in New York City. The golf course is situated within the Pelham Bay Park area, and it features an 18-hole golf course that offers a scenic and enjoyable golfing experience. The Split Rock area is named after the distinctive rock formation found in the park.

Apparently, this rock is what saved Anne Hutchinson from being massacred from Native Americans:ohhh:

764047b9f7fe3d0494ac18f4919d1119_-united-states-new-york-bronx-county-the-bronx-shore-road-870-pelham-bay-and-split-rock-golf-courses-718-885-1258.jpg

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
PT.2 SPLIT ROCK, PELHAM BAY PARK, BRONX NY

p3780365587-4.jpg

rock-with-sigs.jpg

Split Rock is a notable geological feature located in the Bronx, New York City. Here's some information about it:

Split Rock is a massive boulder that has a large split running down the middle, giving it its distinctive appearance. It's a popular landmark and a point of interest for both locals and visitors. The rock is located in the Split Rock Golf Course, which is a public golf course situated within the Bronx.

The Split Rock Golf Course, also known as the Pelham Bay & Split Rock Golf Courses, is a well-known golfing destination in New York City. The golf course is situated within the Pelham Bay Park area, and it features an 18-hole golf course that offers a scenic and enjoyable golfing experience. The Split Rock area is named after the distinctive rock formation found in the park.

Apparently, this rock is what saved Anne Hutchinson from being massacred from Native Americans:ohhh:

764047b9f7fe3d0494ac18f4919d1119_-united-states-new-york-bronx-county-the-bronx-shore-road-870-pelham-bay-and-split-rock-golf-courses-718-885-1258.jpg

Do you have any solid pics of eastchester aka middle class black community