Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Aww this nikka tight lol

NY nikkas when you say Chicago got better pizza:

angry-mad.gif

:umad:
God damn stfu

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
God damn stfu

Or else what? :dahell:

:hhh: what a fukkin loser.

Another one lol

I just came in with the facts :yeshrug:

Toyko is considered the greatest city on Earth by the majority of people.

Screenshot-576.png

:manny:

I understand that New Yorkers think they're the greatest at everything, but they are suffering from an extreme form of solipsism, so it's always a shock for them when people that are not from there don't think it's all that great.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lowkey the Bronx is the last borough with some life left in it.
Not sure what you mean by “life”.

If you’re a young breh Brooklyn is the place to be.

The Bronx doesn't have "life". If you want to do something you have to go to another borough for the most part. If what you mean is its ghetto (particularly South and West Bronx) and more like the "old NY" aka a shythole then I guess but that ain't life y'all romanticize bullshyt a lil too much.

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Never been to Tokyo but two things:

1. Los Angeles is a better city than New York, I've always felt this way, I have no doubt in my mind. Los Angeles is just different and is easily one of the greatest cities on the planet...

2. NYers and East Coasters do feel greater about NY than most people, when you get off the Eastern/Atlantic Seaboard, you get a far different general perception of NY than you get when you're on this coast. Not that people dont appreciate NY or think it's a great city; they do. But NY isn't considered the top dog to people the further west you go, the way its viewed along the East Coast...

People like other places besides NY, abd a lot of NYers can't seem to fathom that everyone doesn't view NY as the greatest thing in history...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Never been to Tokyo but two things:

1. Los Angeles is a better city than New York, I've always felt this way, I have no doubt in my mind. Los Angeles is just different and is easily one of the greatest cities on the planet...

2. NYers and East Coasters do feel greater about NY than most people, when you get off the Eastern/Atlantic Seaboard, you get a far different general perception of NY than you get when you're on this coast. Not that people dont appreciate NY or think it's a great city; they do. But NY isn't considered the top dog to people the further west you go, the way its viewed along the East Coast...

People like other places besides NY, abd a lot of NYers can't seem to fathom that everyone doesn't view NY as the greatest thing in history...
NYC is objectively the greatest city in America.

I don’t doubt that Tokyo is better.

But as far as this country goes objectively by the facts no city is greater.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
NYC is objectively the greatest city in America.

I don’t doubt that Tokyo is better.

But as far as this country goes objectively by the facts no city is greater.
Nah it's not objective...

NY had a 200+ year head start on LA as a developed jurisdiction. LA was pretty much nothing befire 1900...

In less than a century LA lapped every city in the nation besides NY, and in just barely over a century its continued to strengthen its case. NY has the size and legacy that underscores its age advantage...

LA in short time has developed the infrastructure of one of the most powerful cities globally that truly challenges NY, because you can't actually do anything important in NY that you can't do in LA. Not from a lifestyle perspective...

You can't make am "objective" case for NY when NY doesn't objectively have the better weather; NY doesn't objectively have the greater education infrastructure; LA media is as influential to nearly as many people as LA media; on and on and on. I can keep going here...

It isn't objective at all...

I like NY. I love LA. There's nothing I can really do in NY that I can't do in LA, and I'm LA I have a more appealing atmosphere and infrastructure...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Oh, its legit I was at the hip-hop museum they had an exhibition on the Golden Era its free entry all this month and its in the temporary site (I recommend it).

The actual site is almost complete and contains apartments and commercial space. You go up by Gauchos Basketball Gym and Hostos Community College and its looking Brooklyn-esque, a lot of new luxury apartment buildings. Out in Mott Haven the eateries, bars, coffee shops, book stores, murals are coming in, new construction, and leasing space available everywhere. Fat Joe got his sneaker store, the South BoX boxing gym some dope French-Mex fusion spot and this is all close to the projects all on the same strip.

This area is the next Williamsburg or Long Island City by 2030.

you think so? most people from downtown or out that way view the bronx like its on another planet; no-one wants 2 ride those trains all day 2 get uptown :russ:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Nah it's not objective...

NY had a 200+ year head start on LA as a developed jurisdiction. LA was pretty much nothing befire 1900...

In less than a century LA lapped every city in the nation besides NY, and in just barely over a century its continued to strengthen its case. NY has the size and legacy that underscores its age advantage...

LA in short time has developed the infrastructure of one of the most powerful cities globally that truly challenges NY, because you can't actually do anything important in NY that you can't do in LA. Not from a lifestyle perspective...

You can't make am "objective" case for NY when NY doesn't objectively have the better weather; NY doesn't objectively have the greater education infrastructure; LA media is as influential to nearly as many people as LA media; on and on and on. I can keep going here...

It isn't objective at all...

I like NY. I love LA. There's nothing I can really do in NY that I can't do in LA, and I'm LA I have a more appealing atmosphere and infrastructure...

I'll say LA has some great geography...I mean its southern cali lol.....but infrastructure in what aspect?

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
As big as NYC is,do different boroughs have different cultures?
Or a muthafukka gotta go to Rochester or Syracuse for that?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
When I lived Upstate I heard from about 5 different people, at different times, who told me I remind them of a Queens nikka. This was circa 2011, 2012, 2013, didn't put too much stock into it then. I assumed it was because I was trafficking and maybe something about my speech or persona...

Years later I started researching random shyt about Queens and it just has some major appeal to me. The demographics, the layout, etc. I've known some heads from Queens over the years, when I lived in Albany one of my boys was from Far Rock, that was my dog, and just met a few more guys from there over time...

To me its easily the most appealing borough. Probably the strongest borough for black people in terms of livability, there's plenty of entertainment there, it's on the short list of most diverse and most integrated cities/places in America. It's something about Queens that just stands out way above the other boroughs to me. I've never been to Bronx, Brooklyn or SI either but I have no real itch to see those places. I really wanna see Queens though 🤣...

no disrespect to queens but I think its boring AF.....you need a car :hubie: