Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I’m telling you man pull up the development is crazy you won't believe it and its early.

138th Street and Grand Concourse ain't nothing but 25 minutes from midtown on the train.

I believe you. I know a LOT of BX folk who have been moving north the past couple of years :manny:
I guess u right. I was damn near the end of the 6 when I was over there no-one would come up my way :russ:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
hold this rep breh; you a cool MF man :salute:

you the guy who head tapped Luken right? :russ:

what made you go to Japan in the first place?

I studied Japanese in college.

To tell you the truth, I didn't give a fukk about anime, Japan or Japanese people until I went to school. But I had a great professor that made learning fun and easy. Then I just fell in love with the art, the history, and ultimately the culture.

It was then that I decided I wanted to see the world because, being a nikka from the hood, I didn't know what I didn't know. So I began travelling when I had the bread, and eventually I settled on Japan being the best place I'd been too.

It was organic.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I get it. And overall I prefer the East Coast to the West Coast. I prefer LA to NY but I also prefer VB to LA. I have eclectic tastes...

They are sister cities and I don't think there's an "objective" case of NY over LA because we aren't comparing two cities that were born at the same time. NY reached 100,000 in 1810. LA reached 100,000 people in 1900. NY has a 90-year headstart as a "big city". NY hit a million people in 1860, LA in 1930...

NY annexed 4 surrounding counties in 1898. It's a built-in advantage, we are comparing a place that was historically, up until only 125 years ago, was 5 different counties, not just cities, these were 5 separate counties...

I fukk with NY and NYers, though...

how could you not? we either the flyest or corniest MFers on earth....no in-between :russ:

I moved from both places not be choice; just wasn't getting the value anymore for what it cost :snoop:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Aye man that 200 year heads start matters...

Objectively, globally NYC is considered the greater city which is why it has more inhabitants and gets more tourists than LA.

How does LA have a greater educational infrastructure for example?
This is part of what I mean, people don't generally realize the concentrated brain power and wealth in Los Angeles, and I'm not sure who fault that is. But when someone says LA has one of the strongest educational frameworks nationally, on some Top 5 shyt, the question shouldn't be "how"...

The number of higher education institutions in LA is commensurate for its size. CalTech is considered a western Ivy, it's one of the most renown universities on the planet. UCLA is considered a Top 25 university according to US News, USC is considered Top 30, and LA has other Top 100 schools in UC-Irvine, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount...

This is to say nothing of the literal probably hundreds of institutions of higher ed in and around LA, it's an elite player on the global stage in university education and the many lifestyle threads that protrude from it, from life and health sciences, research, criminal justice, anything you can think of...

LA is nowhere near a lightweight and it absolutely can be argued its infrastructure is, at worst, equal to NY's, or at best, better...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I studied Japanese in college.

To tell you the truth, I didn't give a fukk about anime, Japan or Japanese people until I went to school. But I had a great professor that made learning fun and easy. Then I just fell in love with the art, the history, and ultimately the culture.

It was then that I decided I wanted to see the world because, being a nikka from the hood, I didn't know what I didn't know. So I began travelling when I had the bread, and eventually I settled on Japan being the best place I'd been too.

It was organic.

salute, respect your story.
thanks for sharing. If no1 ever told you; you should be proud of yourself for making a bold move n living on your terms. it takes a lot 2 do that. a lot of character 2 :salute:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
This is part of what I mean, people don't generally realize the concentrated brain power and wealth in Los Angeles, and I'm not sure who fault that is. But when someone says LA has one of the strongest educational frameworks nationally, on some Top 5 shyt, the question shouldn't be "how"...

The number of higher education institutions in LA is commensurate for its size. CalTech is considered a western Ivy, it's one of the most renown universities on the planet. UCLA is considered a Top 25 university according to US News, USC is considered Top 30, and LA has other Top 100 schools in UC-Irvine, Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount...

This is to say nothing of the literal probably hundreds of institutions of higher ed in and around LA, it's an elite player on the global stage in university education and the many lifestyle threads that protrude from it, from life and health sciences, research, criminal justice, anything you can think of...

LA is nowhere near a lightweight and it absolutely can be argued its infrastructure is, at worst, equal to NY's, or at best, better...

how would you rank the "municipals"(is that the right word :russ:)

like fire departments, police, city services....shyt like that. who got it?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
how would you rank the "municipals"(is that the right word :russ:)

like fire departments, police, city services....shyt like that. who got it?
I don't rank that kinda shyt because municipal services in both cities, and really most large cities period, have long histories of scandal and political manipulation. What I will say, is the general quality of life for people in both cities is quite high when you consider there's cities in America like Flint or Jackson all over this country. So the municipal services aren't that bad, and if im comparing them to each other, bith have plenty of reason to call out for bullshyt...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I don't rank that kinda shyt because municipal services in both cities, and really most large cities period, have long histories of scandal and political manipulation. What I will say, is the general quality of life for people in both cities is quite high when you consider there's cities in America like Flint or Jackson all over this country. So the municipal services aren't that bad, and if im comparing them to each other, bith have plenty of reason to call out for bullshyt...

I'm suprised. that was a factor when I decided 2 move the fam 2 the community we in now :ehh:
I feel for the residents of those bamma spots you mentioned. I took those services for granted. don't get it twisted its F the police for lyfe.....but they are necessary...I got kids I see shyt different now smell me :manny:

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Yo if y'all don't go somewhere with those Wiki'd flix of parts of The Bronx y'all ain't ever been to :ufdup:

You're not going to learn anything you need to about uptown from the internet. Hop the 2 train, get off at 180th, gun hill or 233rd and see for yourself. Take the 1 train to marble hill or 242nd or take the 4 to Bedford Park, Fordham or Kingsbridge.

Go to the store, ask ock for a chopped cheese and some grabba and experience what this uptown shyt is about :ahh:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Yo if y'all don't go somewhere with those Wiki'd flix of parts of The Bronx y'all ain't ever been to :ufdup:

You're not going to learn anything you need to about uptown from the internet. Hop the 2 train, get off at 180th, gun hill or 233rd and see for yourself. Take the 1 train to marble hill or 242nd or take the 4 to Bedford Park, Fordham or Kingsbridge.

Go to the store, ask ock for a chopped cheese and some grabba and experience what this uptown shyt is about :ahh:

Man please.....you wasting these peoples time telling them to make a day of going to the hood n get a MF chopped Cheese....imagine going all the way up to gun hill for that BS :mjlol:

romeodunn

Pro
Daps
Never been to Tokyo but two things:

1. Los Angeles is a better city than New York, I've always felt this way, I have no doubt in my mind. Los Angeles is just different and is easily one of the greatest cities on the planet...

2. NYers and East Coasters do feel greater about NY than most people, when you get off the Eastern/Atlantic Seaboard, you get a far different general perception of NY than you get when you're on this coast. Not that people dont appreciate NY or think it's a great city; they do. But NY isn't considered the top dog to people the further west you go, the way its viewed along the East Coast...

People like other places besides NY, abd a lot of NYers can't seem to fathom that everyone doesn't view NY as the greatest thing in history...
Los Angeles is full of drug addicts, homeless people and is super dirty, I honestly don't even think it is better than Boston. Huge disappointment when I visited. Manhattan alone shyts on L.A.

romeodunn

Pro
Daps
That can be said about anywhere really. St Tropez is only livable if you're French. Johannesburg is only livable if you're South African.

And yes, America, believe it or not, is only comfortable for Americans.

I've been around the world (and yes, a lot of that is Asia), and the one thing people love telling me is that they enjoy visiting here, but they'd rather live in their home country. Koreans love K-Town here in LA, but they'd rather deal with the Korean Won, the public transportation and their own culture. Japanese people have told me they'd like to live here, and when they get here, they hate how dirty New York is, how much they hate that they need a car here in LA, how there's nothing to do in the South (these are the chicks that follow military dudes), and how they like seeing the national parks, but they'd never live in those states.

So I expect you to say you'd rather live in NYC. That makes sense to me.

But amongst people that DON'T mind living in another country, Tokyo is the number 1 place almost everyone states they'd rather go. New York used to be that place, but it's not anymore, and hasn't been in decades.

I'm just the messenger :manny:

I also am heavily considering moving to Japan. There are just too many benefits for me, and I don't mind seeing Japanese faces all day. In fact, I love it. Over there, I'm unique. People already find me hella interesting simply because of my black skin. And then when they realize I speak fluent Japanese and that I'm a somewhat well known YouTuber, I'm literally a cheat code over there.

:myman:

Everything is cheap. I don't need a car. The men want to be my friend, and the women absolutely love me and basically throw the cheeks at me. What more can a breh ask for, really?

It's not for everyone, but for those that it's for, it's fukking paradise

IMG-0339.jpg

IMG-2207.jpg

IMG-3460.jpg

IMG-3551.jpg

IMG-3597.jpg
1grch00461jp-5-jpg.2443

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
City Island

City Island is a small neighborhood located in the Bronx, which is one of the boroughs of New York City. Despite being part of New York City, City Island has a distinct and somewhat isolated atmosphere that sets it apart from the bustling urban environment of the rest of the city.

Key features and points of interest about City Island, Bronx:

1. Maritime History: City Island has a rich maritime history. It was once a hub for shipbuilding, with numerous boatyards and shipyards operating in the area. While the shipbuilding industry has declined, the nautical influence is still visible in the neighborhood's architecture and culture.
  2. Seaside Atmosphere: Due to its location on Long Island Sound, City Island has a coastal, seaside atmosphere. Many homes are designed with a nautical theme, and seafood restaurants are a common sight.
  3. Local Businesses: The neighborhood is known for its local businesses, particularly its seafood restaurants. Visitors often come to City Island to enjoy fresh seafood dishes and to experience the unique ambiance of the area.
  4. Artistic Community: City Island has also attracted artists, and you can find various art studios and galleries in the neighborhood.
  5. Community Vibe: Despite being part of a major city, City Island maintains a strong sense of community and a somewhat quieter pace of life. This has contributed to its reputation as a hidden gem within New York City.
  6. Accessibility: City Island is connected to the rest of the Bronx by a single bridge, the City Island Bridge, which provides the only vehicular access to the neighborhood. This physical separation contributes to the distinct character of the area.
Overall, City Island offers a unique blend of maritime history, a close-knit community, and a charming seaside ambiance within the urban landscape of New York City. It's a popular destination for both residents and visitors seeking a quieter, coastal escape within the city.

city-island-marina.jpeg

291603880_698250264613907_4004606576281958127_n.jpg

8B7A3045.jpg

City-Island-The-Crab-Shanty-Restaurants-Bronx-NYC-2.jpg

City-Island-Arties-Restaurants-Bronx-NYC-2.jpg

fill-700x467%7Cformat-webp%7Cwebpquality-70

a70f5c9df440d10213e93244e9eb7cad.jpeg

City-Island-Nautical-Museum-Exterior-Historical-Bronx-NYC.jpg

City-Island-Bronx-NYC-Kelsey-Sucena.jpg

cityisland_sign-scaled.jpg