Why is the Bronx considered the worst borough in NYC?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Yeah different boroughs have different cultures which is why the out of towners be off base with their new york sticking together comments lol...

funny part is we're crabs in a bucket. All we do is talk shyt 2 each other OT. I'd be down south and run into other NYers we ask each other where we from not cause we care; just to know what snaps 2 chamber :russ:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I'll say LA has some great geography...I mean its southern cali lol.....but infrastructure in what aspect?
Infrastructure in every realm, because I said it's infrastructure is what makes it one of the top cities globally. There is no disagreement that LA is an elite global city so you don't become that without the appropriate infrastructure...

LA's media infrastructure, LA's artistic infrastructure, LA's education infrastructure, LA's transportation infrastructure, LA's economic infrastructure, LA's demographic infrastructure, LA's cultural infrastructure, etc. All of these things make LA a global competitor and you gotta keep in mind two things:

1, pretty much all of the Top 20 cities in the world are older than LA and have the advantage of developing their ecosystems earlier than LA, so they are more mature than LA's. Case in point, LA's continually evolving rail transit. Other cities have had hundreds of years of a head start to mature their rail lines ND become more ingrained into the fabric of the city. In LA, this will be the same case, but rail in LA only dates to 1990 or something. LA's enture cultural ecosystem has reached a Top 20 global stage without having the benefit of hundreds of years of seasoning...

2, here in tge US we tend to view foreign cities greater than our own cities. It's clear by how the US is the most diverse nation on the planet, that overall foreigners disagree and hold us in high regard because this entire country is the biggest melting pot on the planet...

This matters, because we do this thing with LA, and honestly many other US cities, where we downplay its greatness in favor of, say Tokyo because it was brought up in this thread. There are more people of Japanese descent living in LA and the US than Americans in Tokyo or Japan; we'll say "LA is great but it's not Rome" for example, there's more Italians here than Americans there...

We don't always give our cities the esteem they deserve. LA is clearly one of the strongest cities in the world. It doesn't have the maturity most of the others have but almost everything from an entertainment and lifestyle vantage you can do elsewhere, you can do in LA...

You can certainly do everything you can do in NY, in LA. Now, which city provides the greater experience of "everything" is in the eye of the speaker, but there's nothing I need to go to NY to see if I'm from LA, and vice versa. This really isn't true of anywhere else...

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Infrastructure in every realm, because I said it's infrastructure is what makes it one of the top cities globally. There is no disagreement that LA is an elite global city so you don't become that without the appropriate infrastructure...

LA's media infrastructure, LA's artistic infrastructure, LA's education infrastructure, LA's transportation infrastructure, LA's economic infrastructure, LA's demographic infrastructure, LA's cultural infrastructure, etc. All of these things make LA a global competitor and you gotta keep in mind two things:

1, pretty much all of the Top 20 cities in the world are older than LA and have the advantage of developing their ecosystems earlier than LA, so they are more mature than LA's. Case in point, LA's continually evolving rail transit. Other cities have had hundreds of years of a head start to mature their rail lines ND become more ingrained into the fabric of the city. In LA, this will be the same case, but rail in LA only dates to 1990 or something. LA's enture cultural ecosystem has reached a Top 20 global stage without having the benefit of hundreds of years of seasoning...

2, here in tge US we tend to view foreign cities greater than our own cities. It's clear by how the US is the most diverse nation on the planet, that overall foreigners disagree and hold us in high regard because this entire country is the biggest melting pot on the planet...

This matters, because we do this thing with LA, and honestly many other US cities, where we downplay its greatness in favor of, say Tokyo because it was brought up in this thread. There are more people of Japanese descent living in LA and the US than Americans in Tokyo or Japan; we'll say "LA is great but it's not Rome" for example, there's more Italians here than Americans there...

We don't always give our cities the esteem they deserve. LA is clearly one of the strongest cities in the world. It doesn't have the maturity most of the others have but almost everything from an entertainment and lifestyle vantage you can do elsewhere, you can do in LA...

You can certainly do everything you can do in NY, in LA. Now, which city provides the greater experience of "everything" is in the eye of the speaker, but there's nothing I need to go to NY to see if I'm from LA, and vice versa. This really isn't true of anywhere else...

ohh ok thanks for the clarification. I hear u. breh I'm born n raised on the east but I was a nomad. I had a short stint in cali and only moved back cause of wifey.
I love the west. it just fits me more as a person despite not being from there.
however, I could never say its better than NY. they're both amazing for different reasons. and both places are married. LA and NY are sister cities. if you a real P there is no way not to be involved on the other coast.

edit: I forgot who I was talking 2 I LITERALLY mean a nomad not that gang shyt :sadcam:

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Never been to Tokyo but two things:

1. Los Angeles is a better city than New York, I've always felt this way, I have no doubt in my mind. Los Angeles is just different and is easily one of the greatest cities on the planet...

2. NYers and East Coasters do feel greater about NY than most people, when you get off the Eastern/Atlantic Seaboard, you get a far different general perception of NY than you get when you're on this coast. Not that people dont appreciate NY or think it's a great city; they do. But NY isn't considered the top dog to people the further west you go, the way its viewed along the East Coast...

People like other places besides NY, abd a lot of NYers can't seem to fathom that everyone doesn't view NY as the greatest thing in history...
No way LA is better than nyc if you are black

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
ohh ok thanks for the clarification. I hear u. breh I'm born n raised on the east but I was a nomad. I had a short stint in cali and only moved back cause of wifey.
I love the west. it just fits me more as a person despite not being from there.
however, I could never say its better than NY. they're both amazing for different reasons. and both places are married. LA and NY are sister cities. if you a real P there is no way not to be involved on the other coast.
I get it. And overall I prefer the East Coast to the West Coast. I prefer LA to NY but I also prefer VB to LA. I have eclectic tastes...

They are sister cities and I don't think there's an "objective" case of NY over LA because we aren't comparing two cities that were born at the same time. NY reached 100,000 in 1810. LA reached 100,000 people in 1900. NY has a 90-year headstart as a "big city". NY hit a million people in 1860, LA in 1930...

NY annexed 4 surrounding counties in 1898. It's a built-in advantage, we are comparing a place that was historically, up until only 125 years ago, was 5 different counties, not just cities, these were 5 separate counties...

I fukk with NY and NYers, though...

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
LA is not a better place for black people so yeah in that vein NY is a better city. But LA is wildly underrated in its offerings fir black people, it routinely is spoken of as a place that is bad for us and that definitely isn't true...
I personally tend to look at American cities through a black focused lens because so many cities that are hyped or considered great have terrible metrics for black people

By virtue of its size history and economy, LA certainly is a better place for black folks than most cities in North America that’s for sure

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
you think so? most people from downtown or out that way view the bronx like its on another planet; no-one wants 2 ride those trains all day 2 get uptown :russ:
I’m telling you man pull up the development is crazy you won't believe it and its early.

138th Street and Grand Concourse ain't nothing but 25 minutes from midtown on the train.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nah it's not objective...

NY had a 200+ year head start on LA as a developed jurisdiction. LA was pretty much nothing befire 1900...

In less than a century LA lapped every city in the nation besides NY, and in just barely over a century its continued to strengthen its case. NY has the size and legacy that underscores its age advantage...

LA in short time has developed the infrastructure of one of the most powerful cities globally that truly challenges NY, because you can't actually do anything important in NY that you can't do in LA. Not from a lifestyle perspective...

You can't make am "objective" case for NY when NY doesn't objectively have the better weather; NY doesn't objectively have the greater education infrastructure; LA media is as influential to nearly as many people as LA media; on and on and on. I can keep going here...

It isn't objective at all...

I like NY. I love LA. There's nothing I can really do in NY that I can't do in LA, and I'm LA I have a more appealing atmosphere and infrastructure...
Aye man that 200 year heads start matters...

Objectively, globally NYC is considered the greater city which is why it has more inhabitants and gets more tourists than LA.

How does LA have a greater educational infrastructure for example?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Speak for your motherfukking self :martin:

Screenshot-572.png

Screenshot-571.png

Screenshot-575.png

Screenshot-573.png
Screenshot-574.png

:martin:
Yeah Tokyo seems cleaner, safer, better public transport, just as vibrant, and more modern.

It’s not a stretch the downside is it’s a homogenous place. If you aren’t Japanese it’s more of a place you visit than live in.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
LA is not a better place for black people so yeah in that vein NY is a better city. But LA is wildly underrated in its offerings fir black people, it routinely is spoken of as a place that is bad for us and that definitely isn't true...

TBH man idk how u could be a transplant with no plugs and make it in either. the only reason I was ok in NY was because I was from there and am cool with everyone. cali I already knew people and im cool so I click up fast.
if u not socially on point and lack the soul of a hustler u gonna be skid row status.

even when I was down bad I always found ways. I know how to barter and bring whatever I can 2 the table under any circumstance.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah Tokyo seems cleaner, safer, better public transport, just as vibrant, and more modern.

It’s not a stretch the downside is it’s a homogenous place. If you aren’t Japanese it’s more of a place you visit than live in.

That can be said about anywhere really. St Tropez is only livable if you're French. Johannesburg is only livable if you're South African.

And yes, America, believe it or not, is only comfortable for Americans.

I've been around the world (and yes, a lot of that is Asia), and the one thing people love telling me is that they enjoy visiting here, but they'd rather live in their home country. Koreans love K-Town here in LA, but they'd rather deal with the Korean Won, the public transportation and their own culture. Japanese people have told me they'd like to live here, and when they get here, they hate how dirty New York is, how much they hate that they need a car here in LA, how there's nothing to do in the South (these are the chicks that follow military dudes), and how they like seeing the national parks, but they'd never live in those states.

So I expect you to say you'd rather live in NYC. That makes sense to me.

But amongst people that DON'T mind living in another country, Tokyo is the number 1 place almost everyone states they'd rather go. New York used to be that place, but it's not anymore, and hasn't been in decades.

I'm just the messenger :manny:

I also am heavily considering moving to Japan. There are just too many benefits for me, and I don't mind seeing Japanese faces all day. In fact, I love it. Over there, I'm unique. People already find me hella interesting simply because of my black skin. And then when they realize I speak fluent Japanese and that I'm a somewhat well known YouTuber, I'm literally a cheat code over there.

:myman:

Everything is cheap. I don't need a car. The men want to be my friend, and the women absolutely love me and basically throw the cheeks at me. What more can a breh ask for, really?

It's not for everyone, but for those that it's for, it's fukking paradise

IMG-0339.jpg

IMG-2207.jpg

IMG-3460.jpg

IMG-3551.jpg

IMG-3597.jpg

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
That can be said about anywhere really. St Tropez is only livable if you're French. Johannesburg is only livable if you're South African.

I've been around the world (and yes, a lot of that is Asia), and the one thing people love telling me is that they enjoy visiting here, but they'd rather live in their home country. Koreans love K-Town here in LA, but they'd rather deal with the Korean Won, the public transportation and their own culture. Japanese people have told me they'd like to live here, and when they get here, they hate how dirty New York is, how much they hate that they need a car here in LA, how there's nothing to do in the South (these are the chicks that follow military dudes), and how they like seeing the national parks, but they'd never live in those states.

But amongst people that DON'T mind living in another country, Tokyo is the number 1 place almost everyone states they'd rather go. New York used to be that place, but it's not anymore, and hasn't been in decades.

I also am heavily considering moving to Japan. There are just too many benefits for me, and I don't mind seeing Japanese faces all day. In fact, I love it. Over there, I'm unique. People already find me hella interesting simply because of my black skin. And then when they realize I speak fluent Japanese and that I'm a somewhat well known YouTuber, I'm literally a cheat code over there.

Everything is cheap. I don't need a car. The men want to be my friend, and the women absolutely love me and basically throw the cheeks at me. What more can a breh ask for, really?

IMG-0339.jpg

IMG-2207.jpg

IMG-3460.jpg

IMG-3551.jpg

IMG-3597.jpg

hold this rep breh; you a cool MF man :salute:

you the guy who head tapped Luken right? :russ:

what made you go to Japan in the first place?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

IMG-0339.jpg

IMG-2207.jpg

IMG-3460.jpg

IMG-3551.jpg

IMG-3597.jpg

Be brothers with Toro Y Moi brehs :wow: