Why is New York City considered the Basketball "Mecca" when the Knicks only have 2 championships...

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
nyc has a identifiable playing style

you see it & know

nyc gawds got all the flair flavor & style

the only ones still bred in the streets somewhat

reasons why nyc product can be kinda raw

still got a lot of blacktop in them

too much style not enough of that collegiate euro nerd fundamental shyte

talent goes ot out the city

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Ok, the first black NBA player entered the league in 1950, 28 years before I was born.

Name the star NYC players from between 1950 and 1978 that would justify the city being considered the Mecca of basketball.

The Knicks won 2 championships in the early 70s, a couple years before I was born, and haven't won any since I've been alive and I'll be 40 this year.

This looks like another case of NYC shyt only being great in NYC, but when they have to prove their greatness against the rest of the country, they fail every time.

Easy.

Kareem and Dr.J

Two of the biggest and most culturally important stars in the history of the game, on and off the court. No stars were bigger than either of them back then.

Also, MSG has a history of great basketball games, high school, college, pro, and even Harlem Globetrtters games. It's not necessarily NYC players that make it the Mecca, it's the whole shabang of the game.

Last edited:

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
No one lies more than new york nikkas. They're never doing bad always winning if you believe their stories. They're the best fighters, basketballers, fukkers, drivers, murderers.

AND YET YOUVE NEVER SEEN EVIDENCE OF THIS.

I hate their fukking guts :mjlol:

:bryan::umad:

Get a fukkin life then loser New Yorkers certainly dont give a fukk about YOUR ass MOOKY

this thread full of salty NY haters a muthafukkin dweeb drought up dead ass Aaliyah to rationalize the hate lmaffffffffaaaaaaooooo

If you hating on "Up NORF" in 2018 youre a fukkin lunatic

Daps
We gotta expand this.

Which state (or city) produces the best athletes? I'm going to limit this to football, basketball, baseball, track and martial arts (boxing/mma).

Bed$tuy

Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth 🇭🇹
Daps
Reppin
BedStuy, Brooklyn
Although NYC isn't pumping out talent like LA or Chicago, the basketball culture is still bigger.

Anyone remember when MTV had that nike battlegrounds hosted by lebron and iguodala?

It was Chicago's finest streetballers against NYC finest

Chicago nikkas in that series was saying the same ol shyt y'all are saying about NYC nikkas in this thread. They were mad as hell that NYC ballers fukked them up.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Why is Rod Strickland, Kenny Anderson and Lamar Odom grouped with Lenny Cooke and God Shamgod? These dudes were really good NBA players :dahell:

They were good, but nowhere near as good as they were supposed to be.

A lot of unrealized potential on that list.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
We gotta expand this.

Which state (or city) produces the best athletes? I'm going to limit this to football, basketball, baseball, track and martial arts (boxing/mma).

Im gonna throw my little region in the ring.

757 VA

Iverson
Vick
Sweetpea Whitaker
The Upton Brothers
Bruce Smith
Gabby Douglas
Lawrence Taylor
Alonzo Mourning
Lashawn Merritt
Joe Smith

just to name a few..