Why is New York City considered the Basketball "Mecca" when the Knicks only have 2 championships...

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
And if you're wondering if this marketing strategy works, look no further than the 90s Knicks. An absolutely disappointing lot who couldn't muster one ring, orchestrated playoff choke after playoff choke, yet are revered in NYC as if they did. But every night during their playoff runs you heard they were the team who represented "The Mecca of Basketball." The problem is MSG has no intention of fielding a Ny Knicks team worth worshiping.

Long winded I know, but I hope this sheds some light on NYC's perpetual overratedness.

Yes, because losing in 7 games to bums like Jordan and Olajuwon is something to be ashamed of.

Were the 90s a Great, all-time team? No, but they left it all out on the floor when they went against those Bulls teams. Everything else you said is spot on.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

2Nvvs.gif

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
that refers to the Garden for everything that it hosts in NYC

but Knicks fans constantly to pretend that it refers to basketball :thumbsdown:...they branded that shyt the same way the Cowboys annointed themselves "America's Team" and the press ran with it:thumbsdown: