Why is New York City considered the Basketball "Mecca" when the Knicks only have 2 championships...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lloyd Daniels
Rod Strickland
Kenny Anderson
God Shamgod
Rapher Alston
Lamar Odom
Felipe Lopez
Charles Jones
Lenny Cooke
Sabastian Telfair

:mjlol:
Rod Strickland, Lamar Odom, Kenny Anderson were really good players.

God Shammgod was a ball handling pioneer, everybody wants to do his move.

Felipe Lopez and Sebastian Telfair had huge followings and cultural impact in high school, they made their mark even if they didn’t translate in the league.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Like their rap "legends", nyc basketball "legends" are borderline trash. New yorkers exaggerate everything ny related. Many never made it pass the Rucker or whatever park they played at.

You have to have heart to be great in the nba, which many new yorkers have very little of. Remember, tupac punked this whole city. Tremendous clowns though. Eddie Murphy. Chris Rock.

NC, Cali and Chicago have put out more legendary nba players than ny.
None of them places have players better than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar or Julius Erving.

:umad:

A lot of places have great ballers. Chicago, Philadelphia, the DMV, LA metro, no shade I haven’t seen no NY’ers shyt on another regions ballers but as usual y’all on our dikk. Nikka said North Carolina, we out here getting compared to damn states.

2Pac a damn NY’er :dead:

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Chris Mullin and Bernard King too :hubie:

MSG is called the Mecca, it's why dudes always seem to have big performances there.

As for NYC and producing talent, it still pumps out the most D1 talent in the country, the problem is guys don't hit that next level like dudes from Chicago. For whatever reason development of players in NYC is terrible now when it comes to producing NBA star level players while Chicago has a production line of MVP caliber players coming out of there.
Cutting of funds is hurting along with the closing of Rice HS (which I almost went to). Sad to see that Kemba is going to be the last player to come out from that school.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
NC has produced a lot of ballers..... whether born here or did some time and learned the game to get to the NBA

You can’t sit her with a straight face and discredit the production of stars and legends from NC

Martha
But you can NYC? Na, fukk that we claiming Carmelo Anthony to. :mjgrin:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
... over a 3 year span in the 70s, and most of the "legends" from the city never live up to their hype when they go up against ball players from the rest of the country in college and the NBA?

I'll give them Kareem, Connie Hawkins, and Bob Cousy (:mjlol:)...

It’s the Mecca because of the street ball legends.. You know better breh :ufdup: