Why is @Liquid and others acting like backwards compatibility is a big deal suddenly?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I wanted to make this thread @Fatboi1 but I :whoa: i was gon let them cook.

What's funny to me is. The whole point of BC in Xbots eyes was they didn't have to pay for games they owned. But yet everywhere I go I see way more gamers buying a marked up 6 yr old game than actually going into their collection to grab it. Another MS says 100million hours has been played thru BC. Which ain't shyt when 20 million plus consoles are out. That's may 4 hours a year for per console.:dahell:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Lowkey, I see people pretending and using some silly Amazon hourly chart to somehow "prove" that people want it badly because a game like Red Dead Redemption was No.1 best selling game there(for probably an hour or two.)

Amazon best seller charts are updated hourly. Here's where it's at recently.
1bO7IE5.png

Some more tidbits:

RDR is a popular game from Rockstar that
  • doesn't have a current gen remaster
  • doesn't have a PC release

and already it's at # 55. Those Amazon charts are updated hourly. An announcement triggers hype and lots of gamers to go "Oh shyt I should buy it since it's cheap!" only for it to subside hours later in terms of sales.

1bO7IE5.png

If people care about BC so much, where's the hundreds of other games that are selling like crazy that are BC supported on these charts? :jbhmm:

The majority of games that were "BIG" last gen, are already remastered for Xbox1/PS4 so the very few popular titles that haven't been done yet just get a lil sales boost for a few hours/day and then it's back to normal.

If you think I'm just making this up,
Best Xbox 360 Video Games of All Time
damn near every game on this page is remastered or has a remaster coming very soon e.g. Skyrim, Bioshock, Batman Arkham series etc.

I ask again,
If people care about BC so much, where's the hundreds of other games that are selling like crazy that are BC supported on these charts?

Using a few games that are very popular(e.g. Black Ops 2, RDR etc.)that aren't on current gen as the answer is not conclusive as that would've meant that a remaster for said title would've also garnered lots of sales etc.

I know this answer will be hard to provide as this topic is a big talking point for Xbox fans when in reality I'm sure the majority of them couldn't care less about playing old games. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against BC but I'm just curious are people actually pretending to care about it only because their favorite console has it?

Hell, I don't own a single PS2 game on PS4 even though they're superior ports(higher resolution/framerate, trophy support, remote play support etc.) Almost every game I wanted to play I've played already.
nikka shut the fukk up, your dumbass just the ova day was talking about the value of PS now :stopitslime: Well as you can butt-hurtingly see, gamers care more about the games than they do the resolution :umad:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I wanted to make this thread @Fatboi1 but I :whoa: i was gon let them cook.

What's funny to me is. The whole point of BC in Xbots eyes was they didn't have to pay for games they owned. But yet everywhere I go I see way more gamers buying a marked up 6 yr old game than actually going into their collection to grab it. Another MS says 100million hours has been played thru BC. Which ain't shyt when 20 million plus consoles are out. That's may 4 hours a year for per console.:dahell:
Simple answer simpleton... BC hasn't been available that long, why you going into year long stats :wtf: Also, why include every Xbox like if everyone had digital games from last Gen they wanted to play? You trying so hard says it all.. You trying too hard :umad:

And people are buying because the games are going for about $5 these days, no more than $10. Smmfh and LMFAO at lardass acting like anybody gives a damn about a "remaster" :mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Because liquid is a bozo.. bc overrated as fukk. People just want features to have features. They want shyt they'll never use just to know they have it.

The thought of being to lazy to turn on an old console drives bc.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh well i already have a few modded 360's and a ps3 so i never gave a fukk about bc. Its nothing to me to hook up a old system. Im currently running through a few old games right now