Why is @Liquid and others acting like backwards compatibility is a big deal suddenly?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It isn't really 100 million hours though. You gotta remove a chunk from that number because a few hours is probably just cutscenes/loading. No one is PLAYING for 5 hours straight. Red Dead Redemption for example has lots of empty horseback riding where it isn't really gameplay.
wow. just ... :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
wait a min they counting rare replay as BC?

do Last of us , God of war, Uncharted collection, & beyond 2 souls count for ps4? If so i put in over 50 hours of BC on PS4:troll:
Which is why i find yalls stance against BC so laughable.

You have no problem playing old ass games if they are repackaged and resold to you.

But when it comes to playing old ass games you already own it's ":whoa: don't nobody wanna play last gen games"

:mjlol: you fukkers just Stan whatever Sony tells Yall to :mjlol:

Psnow and remasters= great idea.

Free backwards compatibility= not a big deal.

Sony stans :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is why i find yalls stance against BC so laughable.

You have no problem playing old ass games if they are repackaged and resold to you.

But when it comes to playing old ass games you already own it's ":whoa: don't nobody wanna play last gen games"

:mjlol: you fukkers just Stan whatever Sony tells Yall to :mjlol:

Psnow and remasters= great idea.

Free backwards compatibility= not a big deal.

Sony stans :mjlol:
I'm not against BC, BC is available on PS4 in some form.
I just don't like BC on Xbox because it's just shyt man.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People are actually making the case against extra features for the same price? Let's be honest here if tomorrow BC at the hardware level was announced for the PS4 as a free upgrade I doubt a single person will say they shouldn't do it I don't want it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are actually making the case against extra features for the same price? Let's be honest here if tomorrow BC at the hardware level was announced for the PS4 as a free upgrade I doubt a single person will say they shouldn't do it I don't want it.
I'd actually make a thread spreading my disinterest and will complain that new games should be coming out.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
The thing that gets me neither system has BC. U can't just grab any 360 game put in ur X1 and play it. So far it's only really been 2 games that people got a little hype for COD & RDR. At least with a remaster u getter better visuals and added features. That's why games MCC & UC did well. If those games were just ports they would not did nowhere as well

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The thing that gets me neither system has BC. U can't just grab any 360 game put in ur X1 and play it. So far it's only really been 2 games that people got a little hype for COD & RDR. At least with a remaster u getter better visuals and added features. That's why games MCC & UC did well. If those games were just ports they would not did nowhere as well
There's a difference between a system having partial backwards compatibility and full backwards compatibility.

Some of these younger peeps don't appreciate backwards compatibility but hell I still got PS1 and PS2 classics and I had to go cop a PS2 so I can play them. At this point in my life I really don't trade games in or sell them. I been considering going back and replaying the Xenosaga games. I wish I could do it on the PS4 but nah gotta break out the 2 for that.

Daps
BC did not save the Wii U if you count BC and the Virtual console the Wii U has a fantastic library I skipped out on the Wii but was able to enjoy some of it's best games without owning the shytty console. The Wii did not make me feel like I was upgrading from GC so I didn't buy it.

Will it help Microsoft? I doubt it... too little too late.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
BC did not save the Wii U if you count BC and the Virtual console the Wii U has a fantastic library I skipped out on the Wii but was able to enjoy some of it's best games without owning the shytty console. The Wii did not make me feel like I was upgrading from GC so I didn't buy it.

Will it help Microsoft? I doubt it... too little too late.
The Wii was garbage...nobody cared to play those old games on the Wii U outside of the few first party titles.

Nice try though.

Daps
The Wii was garbage...nobody cared to play those old games on the Wii U outside of the few first party titles.

Nice try though.
In terms of hardware but it had some great games amongst the shovelware. And those few first party titles were rated 95+.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Its been a thing since the PS2 release. Especially when you realize its their own tech, which means they could emulate the previous system(s) easily. Its just a nice bonus when considering which console to get. It also helps the sale of a stronger much more efficient device. Why would I want something that can't even emulate games from 5 years past? That's like saying no PC can run/emulate games from 10 years ago. :stopitslime: Why would I even want to buy it?