Why I Grew Up Out of Being "Pro-Black" and Hotep

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
What's funny is that the most powerful people in the world practice all of that and then some. Relegating the negatives of anti-intellectualism to just pro-blackness is dangerous imo.

Whites built a powerful system utilizing anti-intellectual thought with hard scientific advancement.

As for me, I don't like labels because whites have a tendency to malign a group of people that label themselves 'x'. I just stand for justice.

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
Forreal - the most pro black thing you can do is make money and take care of your family/be a role model to young black people

People like Dr Boyce Watkins are the TRULY pro-black people ouchea

All them other Umar Johnsons/Sa Neter are just hustlers

Get money and participate in the political process if you want change

I don't even see why people critique Boyce Watkins cuz he's an academic and he talks more about black economics, than all the other stuffs.

I put Boyce Watkins up there with Dr Leonard Jeffries, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Molefi Ashante et al. Those are grand master teachers who sacrificed a lot. While the legends were Prof. Chancellor Williams and Dr. John Henrik Clarke.

This nikka is just a c00n and one of these fakkits who label everything as "hotep". A lot of these c00ns are damaged goods and they can't be saved.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being Pro-Black is a bad thing...

It is no different than the Afrocentrics of the 90s.

It is no different than the Black Nationalists of the 70s after the decline of Black Panthers.

It's a reactionary segment of the Black community that exist in their own bubble. And they exist mostly as critics. And it is a vulnerable segement of the Black community because they get taken advantage of by race hustler and charlatans.

At least the Nationalists of the 70s and Afrocentrics of the 90s actually produced something...

Pro-Blacks produce nothing. Pro-Blacks just criticize everything for not being "Black" enough. And the criticisms are personal. It is not even based off of the work that the individual is doing to contribute to a particular movement. These individuals are not even part of it, they are just living their lives.

There's a reason why Malcolm X, Black Panthers, Amiri Baraka moved away from the Narrow Black Nationalism which is the equivalent of it today's "Pro-Black".

They grew up and realized how narrow minded and bitter they were. They realized how much they do not know. They realized how divisive they were being. They moved on. Malcolm X got killed for it.

The Pro-Blacks of the internet...since none of this shyt is in real life besides the own bubble of Black people on the internet...are very much like the Alt-Right...

Except Pro-Blacks have a legit reason for being how they are...it is understandable...but eventually...you gotta grow up....

You just wrote all of that shyt, but you are still using your own thoughts to define what it means to be Pro Black. Do you have a problem being Pro White?

King Musa

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
You're only concerned about black women.:mjlol::umad:

These sisters need to reward you with that good p*ssy cuz you're doing a marvelous job. I don't envy you, my nikka Mansa Musa of Mali the rich nikka .

And how do you come to the conclusion that I only care about Black women? I make it pretty clear where I stand, breh. I want Black men to take back what's their's.....The Black community. I want Black men and women to restore their relationships with one another and I want the Black family structure to recover or at least improve significantly along with Black folks making great strides in entrepreneurship and the economic world. :yeshrug:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I used to be "Pro-Black", watching Dr. Umar Johnson, Tariq Nasheed and Sara Suten Seti...

But then I grew up...

Reasons Why I stopped being "Pro-Black"...

1. Anti-Intellectualism.

The "Pro-Black" Movement is against intelligence. You cannot question anything. You question any "Pro-Black" fact...

"You a c00n."

"You'll believe me if I was a White man."

The basis of intelligence is to question. You must question anything and everything. "Pro-Blacks" do not question.

"Pro-Blacks" are reactionary. They are not progressive. They do not like research. They do not create new knowledge or history.

Matter of fact, doing proper research and peer review is considered "White approval..."

They rather be ignorant.

You got "Pro-Black" nikkas thinking Obama isn't the first Black President because they think John Hanson is Black...based off of what? I don't know.

2. Black Male Ego Stroking.

Pro-Black just like Alt-White movement is used to fulfill Male Ego Fantasies. Black males have not been able to be "men" like white men. Thus this creates a weird space that have Black males blaming Black women and the government and the White men for Black males incapability of to be "men". As if manhood is more than a biological characteristic. They want the world to kneel for them.

3. "Pro-Blacks" are apolitical.

Pro-Blacks do not have a political theory. They do not have an economic theory. They do not have a political foundation. Nor do they have a historical foundation. They do not believe in participating in the political process for the most part. They do not know about political economy.

4. "Pro-Blacks" ignore class.

Everything is about race. Class for the most part is ignored. Since Class is ignored, "Pro-Blacks" view of life is myopic. It is just Black people vs. White people and White Supremacy. What about class conflict. What about class collaboration? What about class interests?

5. "Pro-Blacks" support race hustlers and charlatans...

"Pro-Blacks" fully embrace capitalism to the point they support race hustlers and charlatans that feed off of them. They care more about Black men getting money more than anything, even if these "Pro-Blacks" are selling fraudulent information and fake private equity shares.

You put out these scams and frauds...the response is...

"Why you hating on a Black man...White people do it..."

As if informing nikkas they are being hustled is hating.
It doesn't sound like you're against being pro black but more like you are anti smart dumb.
full

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Neglect to understand that black folks are not a monolith and different people will have different opinions and focuses underneath the pro black umbrella brehs.

Academics, economics, social issues
Etc. people can prioritize differently but truly pro black people recognize how all things intertwine and want what's best for black people as a whole.

Op is a ole special snowflake ass nikka.
:camby:

He's not pro black.
He's for his people.
:rudy:

Stupidest shyt I've read on the Internet today.

BruhManFromTheFifthFlo

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Catagorize a whole movement cause of a few nikkas who called you a c00n online and hurt your feelings, berhs:mjgrin:

Sure seems familiar:patrice:

Kinda reminds me of some lady comparing BLM to the KKK even tho the KKK's whole group is literally built on hating other races :upsetfavre:

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
I don't even see why people critique Boyce Watkins cuz he's an academic and he talks more about black economics, than all the other stuffs.

I put Boyce Watkins up there with Dr Leonard Jeffries, Dr. Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Molefi Ashante et al. Those are grand master teachers who sacrificed a lot. While the legends were Prof. Chancellor Williams and Dr. John Henrik Clarke.

This nikka is just a c00n and one of these fakkits who label everything as "hotep". A lot of these c00ns are damaged goods and they can't be saved.

I don't think breh is a c00n, I just think he generalised too much - a lot of the "pro-black" movement is a fad nowadays, it coincides with this "woke" trend.

A lot of these nikkas aren't really pro-black, they aren't trying to make money in their community or engage in the political process - they'd rather just be outraged and beg the white man for change. If you want change you have to make it happen yourself.

a lot of the pro black movement is all about white acceptance rather than actual black empowerment.

And the other half is hotep pseudoscience where they're literally hustling desperate black people out of their money - ie them black israelites or ankh nikkas

If they put as much effort in into reestablishing the nuclear family structure, getting out there and voting in mid terms and locally and establishing special interest lobby groups shyt would get done.

Gimini00

Bytch Off The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis, MN
I used to be "Pro-Black", watching Dr. Umar Johnson, Tariq Nasheed and Sara Suten Seti...

But then I grew up...

Reasons Why I stopped being "Pro-Black"...

1. Anti-Intellectualism.

The "Pro-Black" Movement is against intelligence. You cannot question anything. You question any "Pro-Black" fact...

"You a c00n."

"You'll believe me if I was a White man."

The basis of intelligence is to question. You must question anything and everything. "Pro-Blacks" do not question.

"Pro-Blacks" are reactionary. They are not progressive. They do not like research. They do not create new knowledge or history.

Matter of fact, doing proper research and peer review is considered "White approval..."

They rather be ignorant.

You got "Pro-Black" nikkas thinking Obama isn't the first Black President because they think John Hanson is Black...based off of what? I don't know.

2. Black Male Ego Stroking.

Pro-Black just like Alt-White movement is used to fulfill Male Ego Fantasies. Black males have not been able to be "men" like white men. Thus this creates a weird space that have Black males blaming Black women and the government and the White men for Black males incapability of to be "men". As if manhood is more than a biological characteristic. They want the world to kneel for them.

3. "Pro-Blacks" are apolitical.

Pro-Blacks do not have a political theory. They do not have an economic theory. They do not have a political foundation. Nor do they have a historical foundation. They do not believe in participating in the political process for the most part. They do not know about political economy.

4. "Pro-Blacks" ignore class.

Everything is about race. Class for the most part is ignored. Since Class is ignored, "Pro-Blacks" view of life is myopic. It is just Black people vs. White people and White Supremacy. What about class conflict. What about class collaboration? What about class interests?

5. "Pro-Blacks" support race hustlers and charlatans...

"Pro-Blacks" fully embrace capitalism to the point they support race hustlers and charlatans that feed off of them. They care more about Black men getting money more than anything, even if these "Pro-Blacks" are selling fraudulent information and fake private equity shares.

You put out these scams and frauds...the response is...

"Why you hating on a Black man...White people do it..."

As if informing nikkas they are being hustled is hating.

Just keep focus on your life and get money breh, the best way to help the black community is to be a successful black man, so let the stupid be stupid.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There is no one way to be pro black lol. Sounds like you got caught up in maintaining an image. It's more about intentions and awareness. Not who you listen, subscribe to or follow.

The use of hotep in a condensending fashion continues the traditional of degrading pro black awareness as corny or negative in popular culture. Real stupid and misguided.

Learn that being pro black is a state of mind and a way of living not some organization or party you pledge allegiance. Op is hella confused.

SubZero

Hall Of Fame
Daps
Reppin
Wall Street - Black Renaissance Purveyor
And how do you come to the conclusion that I only care about Black women? I make it pretty clear where I stand, breh. I want Black men to take back what's their's.....The Black community. I want Black men and women to restore their relationships with one another and I want the Black family structure to recover or at least improve significantly along with Black folks making great strides in entrepreneurship and the economic world. :yeshrug:

I'll let this image tell you a story:

12-jpg.jpg

This is a statue of African/Black renaissance in Senegal. And like they say, "every image tells a story".

All you need to do is take time out to have a full understanding of the story it's telling. Feminists will tell you that it celebrates patriarchy. However, enlightened folks know that for black renaissance to happen - all hands must be on deck to support the black man and let him take the lead, without compromise - while the black woman plays her role. And in return, he's going to protect her and provide for her.

You can be posting from the perspective of a black male feminist and expect the black family structure to return, when you're indirectly creating more problem.