Why has Politics devolved into Identity Politics for Republicans and Democrats... instead of actual policies?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't vote fakkit, and never have. Maybe if a Candidate talked about real issues like Job Creation for the Middle Class and Economic subsidies for Small Businesses then maybe I'll be interested. Don't be mad because a Politician can treat you like a prostitute during an election campaign and promise you breadcrumbs, and you are completely fine with it
This is what happens when twitter/facebook is your only source of political info.

:mjlol:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You act like laws dont effect you because you dont vote.

thats like acting that a car wont hit you if you close your eyes and walk across the road.

this is your psycho-intellectual form

Mr Magoo GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

If you dont vote and never have why do you care :dwillhuh:

You telling me in your adult life it hasnt been one person where nationally or locally that has campaigned on those above traits you mentioned? Youre full of shyt.

In the past 20-25 years, when has a Candidate ever talked about or made laws specifically for the Middle Class or Small Business Owners?

Enlighten me

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I've never seen an election cycle where actual politics didn't get talked about, like this. This is the world we live in now. Brawndo thirst mutilator ass politics
Shut up . Republicans threw talking about policy in the bushes when they became MAGA because they don’t have policy, hell even if they talked about a policy it would be a lie that’s all they do. But you’re not fooling anyone with this both sides shyt. I hope you go to bed tonight knowing that you’re a failure :ehh:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

but he's just stupid.

This is what happens when twitter/facebook is your only source of political info.

:mjlol:

Politics exist for people to pretend like they actually have a say in how the Government is ran. Asians on the other hand have the least voter turnout out of all racial groups, yet have have are the most wealthy collectively as a group out of all races

But keep puffing your chest out to strangers online lol

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
In the past 20-25 years, when has a Candidate ever talked about or made laws specifically for the Middle Class or Small Business Owners?

Enlighten me

Bruh you have simply not been paying attention
Here are detailed summaries of the platforms for the middle class and small business owners from the 2008 U.S. presidential candidates, along with links for further reading:

Barack Obama (Democratic Party)​

Platform:

• Economic Stimulus: Obama proposed a comprehensive plan to address the financial crisis, including a $50 billion economic stimulus to create jobs, support infrastructure projects, and provide aid to states and local governments.
  • Middle Class Relief: He advocated for tax cuts for the middle class, including a $500 per person tax credit. He also proposed eliminating income taxes for seniors earning less than $50,000 per year.
  • Health Care Reform: Obama sought to provide affordable health care coverage to all Americans, emphasizing the need for universal coverage and addressing the rising costs of medical care.
  • Support for Small Businesses: He aimed to eliminate capital gains taxes for small business investors and extend tax write-offs for equipment purchases, fostering innovation and job creation (The Balance) (The American Presidency Project) (Wikipedia) (270toWin.com).
For more details, you can visit The Balance and The American Presidency Project.

John McCain (Republican Party)​

Platform:

• Tax Policy: McCain's economic platform included a proposal to keep Bush-era tax cuts and lower corporate tax rates. He also proposed eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax, which affects many middle-class families.
  • Healthcare: McCain promoted a market-based approach, emphasizing health savings accounts and offering a $2,500 refundable tax credit ($5,000 for families) to offset the cost of insurance.
  • Support for Small Businesses: McCain's policies focused on reducing regulation and tax burdens on small businesses to encourage growth and job creation. He also proposed reforming the tax code to make it more favorable for small business owners (The Balance) (Wikipedia).
For further information, you can visit 270toWin and Wikipedia's 2008 Election Page.

These platforms reflect the candidates' responses to the economic challenges of the time, including the Great Recession and its impact on American families and businesses.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't vote fakkit, and never have. Maybe if a Candidate talked about real issues like Job Creation for the Middle Class and Economic subsidies for Small Businesses then maybe I'll be interested. Don't be mad because a Politician can treat you like a prostitute during an election campaign and promise you breadcrumbs, and you are completely fine with it
Look at you all riled up :dead:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Politics exist for people to pretend like they actually have a say in how the Government is ran. Asians on the other hand have the least voter turnout out of all racial groups, yet have have are the most wealthy collectively as a group out of all races

You talk in cliches cause you don't know what you're talking about

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

You completetly changed your stance. Now it's politics are a show. Which I semi agree with.

You saying there hasn't been anything recently done for middle/lower class Americans is just outright false.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You talk in cliches cause you don't know what you're talking about

Asian American voter turnout lags behind other groups; some non-voters say they’re ‘too busy’

"About three-in-ten Asian-American eligible voters have cast ballots in midterm elections since 1998, a much lower turnout rate than that of whites and blacks, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of Census Bureau data.

With an estimated 9 million eligible voters in 2014, the Asian-American electorate for this fall’s midterm elections makes up 4% of all eligible voters"

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
You completetly changed your stance. Now it's politics are a show. Which I semi agree with.

You saying there hasn't been anything recently done for middle/lower class Americans is just outright false.

You are literally making my point. Politics are a show because they do not care about the Middle Class and Small Businesses, which are the backbone of America

Thanks again for making my point

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
So first coli dudes want to adapt "immigrants tekkin ur jurbs" like a bunch of ignorant cacs. Then it was all this drape-ourselves-in-the-American-flag, my-history-began-with-slavery weird ass patriotic nationalism for America. Now we talking about "why everything gotta be about race!? Demcorats and their identity politics!"

How badly do y'all wanna be white and conservative? Let's start bein real here.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
prez candidates never shut up about job creation and/or the middle class, and as far as subsidies go, there are actually quite a few. i dont think you have any idea of what youre talking about. bidens done quite well with job creation

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Asian American voter turnout lags behind other groups; some non-voters say they’re ‘too busy’

"About three-in-ten Asian-American eligible voters have cast ballots in midterm elections since 1998, a much lower turnout rate than that of whites and blacks, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis of Census Bureau data.

With an estimated 9 million eligible voters in 2014, the Asian-American electorate for this fall’s midterm elections makes up 4% of all eligible voters"

And turnout for the 2014 mid-term election was down across the board.

Again, you talk in cliches, cause you don't have an opinion of your own.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You are literally making my point. Politics are a show because they do not care about the Middle Class and Small Businesses, which are the backbone of America

Thanks again for making my point
Nah, keep that ignorant train of thought to yourself.

If the only thing you pay attention to is identity politics, you seem to be part of the problem you speak of.

:manny: