Why exactly are we supposed to hate Jeff Bezos?

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
He didnt borrow millions from his parents his parents wasnt even millionaires :mjlol:

Now yall making shii up

I stand corrected.

Amazon’s Funding
The initial startup capital came from his parent’s personal savings.

From an interview with Jeff Bezos, for the Academy of Achievement:

“The first initial start-up capital for Amazon.com came primarily from my parents, and they invested a large fraction of their life savings in what became Amazon.com. And you know, that was a very bold and trusting thing for them to do because they didn’t know. My dad’s first question was, “What’s the Internet?” Okay. So he wasn’t making a bet on this company or this concept. He was making a bet on his son, as was my mother. So, I told them that I thought there was a 70 percent chance that they would lose their whole investment, which was a few hundred thousand dollars, and they did it anyway.”

Amazon Startup Story - Fundable

Still not nothing.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I never understood the hate

meanwhile politicians are taking bribes, being bought by lobbyists and under serving communities and only catch heat during elections

most people mad at bezos are mad at their lack of community resources but can’t even name their local councilman/woman
Bezos spendings millions annually lobbying

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But thats why I dislike the man. Yes, the system allows for it, but there are no system rules that says he cannot increase pay. So, yes, the system exists, but what is the mechanism within the system that prevents a successful business owner from increasing wages. Maybe there are legit reasons, other than greed, why wages arent increased, but i havent heard any.

So if he increases wages, who going to stop others from increasing products? If he decides to pay a living wage, who's going to stop landlords from increasing rent. Its no checks and balances in this issue.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
As far as I’m concerned, the man made his money legitimately. He saw a gap on the market and filled the gap by providing society what it needs. Yeah by filling that gap, he’s filled his pockets immensely so what? He didn’t make his money by exploiting the stock market, ponzi scheme. It’s a good old fashioned start a business and make it successful. So why exactly am I supposed to hate him?

Yeah he probably makes more money in a minute that I do in ten years so what? This hate for the man just baffles me. Look I’m not a bezos fan but I don’t hate him and as far as I’m concerned he’s earned his wealth :yeshrug:

Ah yes, the good ol "it aint illegal so it's okay by me" arguement, one of the cacest arguments ever.

Conditions at his job sites are so bad that they had to form a union. Sounds like some type of exploitation to me.

You don't hate Jeff Bezos because you don't understand the damage Amazon does to certain groups in america.

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Again , blame the system that allows these men to do that not the men.
shyt logic, you can blame both.

To expand on this:

When chattel slavery was legal, if person A and B could own slaves and person A decides not to own slaves on the basis of respecting the right to individual freedom and person B decides to own slaves, are both morally equivalent under the system that allows it to take place?

Just want an answer to the bolded question.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If yall think Bezos knows more than like 30 employees out of his near 200,000 employees then I truly question the age or job experience of some of yall.

bezos probably hasnt personally hired someone in like 15 years :heh: he dont know them folks claiming to pee in bottles. No ones forcing anyone to work there either

DaNatural

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All good points, but we talking bout this man.

Pretty sure, some cat said in the thread said something like ‘the system is hated too’. The system is overwhelmingly made up with folks whose interpretation of capitalism is similar to Bezos. But make no mistake, these individuals are the system and simply put, I dislike em just like I would a cat in the neighborhood who was like that.

So if he increases wages, who going to stop others from increasing products? If he decides to pay a living wage, who's going to stop landlords from increasing rent. Its no checks and balances in this issue.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All good points, but we talking bout this man.

Pretty sure, some cat said in the thread said something like ‘the system is hated too’. The system is overwhelmingly made up with folks whose interpretation of capitalism is similar to Bezos. But make no mistake, these individuals are the system and simply put, I dislike em just like I would a cat in the neighborhood who was like that.

I hear you. If you have selective dislike you'll forever be in a bad situation.