Why exactly are we supposed to hate Jeff Bezos?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
You aren't supposed to hate Bezos.

But you should hate that a dozen people including him are wealthier than many countries and the world still has the problems it has due to unallocated resources.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Amazon has improved my quality of life infinitely.

In short, I love him.
Ole
calvin-candie-django-unchained.gif
head ass nikka:hhh::mjpls:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Who all streaming on a fire stick? :mjlol:

Mfers sticking it to the cable company but letting Jeff off the hook.
I’ve never had amazon fire stick.. does it give you access to cable and tv channels at a discounted price?

How are they getting around that and people like Omi in the hellcat is getting caught up?

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Brehs have Stockholm syndrome when it comes to Capitalism.

"Bu bu bu but you benefit from Capitalism!"

I guess slaves benefited from the slop they were fed as well? And the sheds they were housed in, right? We are given just enough to be able to work. We don't benefit from Capitalism. We are kept alive by it because for the moment we are fuel needed to feed it.

If you are held hostage and your captors feed you Ramen noodles to keep you alive as it aids their long term plans are you going to look at them as benevolent and worthy of praise? When you're not needed anymore you will be cut off. We've seen it time and time again yet you have goofies running around with their eyes and ears closed.

"But don't you buy stuff? You support Capitalism!"

Yeah and I guess slaves working on the plantation supported slavery then, right?
Wouldn't you agree that comparing working at Amazon to slavery is ridiculous and offensive to the memory of ACTUAL slaves? However bad working may or may not be at Amazon, you would agree that anybody that works there can get up right now and say "Fukk this job, I'm out, Gonna go to this other job, start my own business, or go to school. And their manager is not going to cut off their feet, throw them in chains, or hang them from a tree. Welp, sorry to see you go. Bye!

Slaves didn't have this luxury. As fukked up as capitalism may be, we can succeed in it. Many black people have. Slavery? Not so much.

If not capitalism, what economic system would you suggest would be better?

qashif

All Star
Daps
shady business practices, specifically, the product listing on their app

imagine having a great product and here comes Amazon copying the shyt and selling it on their front page while undercutting your price

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as I’m concerned, the man made his money legitimately. He saw a gap on the market and filled the gap by providing society what it needs. Yeah by filling that gap, he’s filled his pockets immensely so what? He didn’t make his money by exploiting the stock market, ponzi scheme. It’s a good old fashioned start a business and make it successful. So why exactly am I supposed to hate him?

Yeah he probably makes more money in a minute that I do in ten years so what? This hate for the man just baffles me. Look I’m not a bezos fan but I don’t hate him and as far as I’m concerned he’s earned his wealth :yeshrug:
You stannend Kim Yong Un, so it's not surprising you don't understand what's wrong with Jeff Bezos. Look up to Bond villains brehs :mjlol:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I don't hate him or any billionaire. I'm not one these people who thinks there shouldn't be any billionaires. If you created a revolutionary product or service that benefits the world, you should get paid. :yeshrug: I just wish Amazon would treat their employees better and that they should be taxed more.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
i don't hate him...

i hate the amount of money he has/makes...

the system in which he amassed his wealth

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
As a Amazon worker, I'm glad to be making over $15 an hour and glad that Amazon exists to where people, especially the younger gen can get a job at Amazon and make over $15 an hour. Plus if it wasn't for Amazon, a lot of companies would be still paying minimum wage. FedEx upped their pay in response to Amazon.

From 2008 to 2018, I worked in the food service business (2 hospitals and a hotel). I wasn't even making over $11/hr that whole 10 years. That's bullshyt. 2017 I got a second job at FedEx and started making over minimum wage and now make close to $20/hr. For 2018 peak season I worked at a Amazon Fulfillment center. Got rehired 2 months later for Prime order picking and is still there.

What I'm tryng to say is that be glad that Amazon exists as a place of employment where you can make over minimum wage even right after high school without a college degree.
Posts like this are why I continue to shop with amazon, but I actively avoided doing so for years. Billionaires should pay their taxes, full stop.