Why east africans cant be swole/huge like west africans/haitians/bantu/jamaicans/AAs

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not all west africans( including the diaspora ) are swole. I see a lot of bony lanky dudes out here. Same in west africa.

You do see alot naturally lean and cutwest africans/aa but there's plenty of them who can't get buff at all.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
East Africans might be less muscular, but they're also taller than West Africans.

Tallest Eastern area Africans are Somalis and Nilotics. Tallest West Africans are Senegalese and probably some Sahelian-Fulani (wodaabe) related people.

Daps
i hate when ppl say east africans but only mention eritrea, somalia and ethiopia.

uganda, kenya and tanzania are also included.

if you are going to refer to somalia and eritrea specifically it makes more sense to say the "horn" of africa rather than east. east africa is too general for me to know what you are talking about.

Daps
I have noticed though, that somalians are skinny as fukk :yeshrug:

With only anecdotal evidence it's hard to argue your case. Nikkas need to be dropping primary references in this thread, high quality research papers.

cam>

All Star
Daps
Your theory that the rainforest environment produces certain body types is bunk. West African physiques haven't changed much since they migrated down to the rainforest belt of the region.

Please explain how a canopy prevents height and why the rainforest provides richer food sources for people but doesn't cause height given that richer food sources promotes human height development ex. Dutch height growth since 19th century.

Their physique has changed a great deal since west africans migrated from East Africa though. Hence this thread.

The environment of The Netherlands -virtually flat- in the 19th century with commercial food production isn't even remotely similar to the environmental circumstances of West Africa before/of 500AD. But it is a good example of how quickly physical changes can happen in a group. Meaning, regardless of ancestry, physique will change due to environment.

Diet isn't the only environmental pressure. So you can have nutrient rich foods, and still be short because it's more advantageous in that terrain. Experts say rainforest ppl are shorter bc makes it easier for them to move about in dense vegetation.

For example, how much sunlight-vitamin D (which influences height) do they get under the canopy compared to ppl who live in deserts in the blaring sun all day? etc

Notice that wherever you have a rainforest you tend to have shorter people? The amazon, south east Asia, south West Africa etc? Huli, Pygmies etc

I can't trace for you each of the physical changes the West African body underwent due to environment - ex: How muscular the Akans were before they moved from north East Africa to the Western sahel, and then to the Western coast, etc.

But east africans definitely have less muscle than west africans due to their environment. What else could it be?

Daps
Yep them mexicans with heavy native indian admixture really have struggle bodies. East asians like japanese, korean, chinese, etc..they cant big either. Arabs too.

Only west africans, AAs, carribeans, and cacs from germany, poland, scandinivia. Can get both huge, swole and strong.

Heck, spaniards from spain cant get ripped/swole/big. Their genetics wont allow it, and they conquered most of south america, bred with the native indian women, and created what we call latinos in the process.

:mjlol: at East Asians can't get big. As someone who lives in an area with a high percentage of East Asians ... I beg to differ.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No you see that phenotype in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and many of these people did not interacted with Arabs besides the Swahili coast. Hell parts of west Africa been interacting with Arabs for centuries, but they look no different from other western Africans
You have different ethnicities in Rwanda and Burundi. Tutsis are the tall and skinny ones. They are supposed to have come from the Region around Somalia and Etheopia, that's why they are skinny. I think the same is true for the massai in Kenya.

Daps
Macaalin is teacher

Lol not in my knowledge.... Maybe in some weird dialect.

As far as genetics... Our people are a mystery past 40-50 generations of what we can remember. We never wrote it down. We shouldn't be arrogant and claim with certainty that we don't come from a Arabic ppl because we really don't know. It make sense considering our proximity and strong linguistic similarities. Far enough back the tree gets smaller and we come from one man.

Phenotypically it's hard to deny admixture. I know it when I look at my family . Anyways we'll probably never know.

With genetics it's very easy to determine ur closeness to certain population groups. I haven't read the literature so I can't claim how closely related somali's are to arabs but the point that was being made by the other poster about language and similar cultural elements bearing no relation to admixture or population history is valid.

Daps
the fact these coli guys only ever speak in terms of 'east' 'west' etc shows their ignporance when it comes to specific knowledge of african countries/areas

lol for real. and it's fine to be ignorant about a region you know nothing about, but what irks me is how arrogant some of these posters are thinking they can school nikkas who actually live in those places. gtfoh.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Their physique has changed a great deal since west africans migrated from East Africa though. Hence this thread.

The environment of The Netherlands -virtually flat- in the 19th century with commercial food production isn't even remotely similar to the environmental circumstances of West Africa before/of 500AD. But it is a good example of how quickly physical changes can happen in a group. Meaning, regardless of ancestry, physique will change due to environment.

Diet isn't the only environmental pressure. So you can have nutrient rich foods, and still be short because it's more advantageous in that terrain. Experts say rainforest ppl are shorter bc makes it easier for them to move about in dense vegetation.

For example, how much sunlight-vitamin D (which influences height) do they get under the canopy compared to ppl who live in deserts in the blaring sun all day? etc

Notice that wherever you have a rainforest you tend to have shorter people? The amazon, south east Asia, south West Africa etc? Huli, Pygmies etc

I can't trace for you each of the physical changes the West African body underwent due to environment - ex: How muscular the Akans were before they moved from north East Africa to the Western sahel, and then to the Western coast, etc.

But east africans definitely have less muscle than west africans due to their environment. What else could it be?

1/ The people of West Africa are not all the same. West Africa is populated by Chadic, Kwa, Mande, Ijoid, Kru, Songhai and many many more. Asserting that all of them are physiologically the same is wrong.
2/ IPeople who live in rainforest regions in West Africa don't live in the wilderness. They tended to live on plateaus, hills and other un-forested areas. Your ideas about having in ability to gain vitamin D are wrong. If they were correct, Ghanaians would be as light skinned as San Bushmen. In addition, the environmental pressures that it would take if humans were adapted to "move around in dense vegetation" would take 100,000s of years and not thousands. Moreover, the environmental pressures for Africans to become shorter to do so didn't exist. Bantu didn't become shorter when they entered the Congo Basin and they towered over the Pygmies. :francis:
3/ Tutsis lived in a rainforest region and they are tall. Mande-speaking peoples tend to be tall. I don't think your correlation between rainforest=short is good generalization.
4/ Akans didn't live in Northeastern Africa before moving into Central Ghana.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
You have different ethnicities in Rwanda and Burundi. Tutsis are the tall and skinny ones. They are supposed to have come from the Region around Somalia and Etheopia, that's why they are skinny. I think the same is true for the massai in Kenya.

Tutsis don't come from the Horn of Africa. They are likely descended from Nilotic groups from around present day South-Sudan.