Why don't Older Black folks share their past mistakes with the youth?

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
People are too image obsessed these days. These kids aren't gonna listen to elders for wisdom sake but they will listen to rappers & online grifters all day an night on life advice as long as they are looking/playing the part of someone who has access to their dream IG lifestyle.

Andrew Tate has more pull on the youth than all of the mildly successful dudes on your block, more than all the dudes you know in happy marriages, more than the guys who have experience in the fields they want to go in

Because Tate poses with Lambos & whores
This is what ppl miss. This happens when you don’t get to your child before the outside influences do. Half these kids are raised by the tv and social media and don’t have parents modeling the behavior they want to see.

People don’t realize how strict, yet open you need to be to raise kids who will fall in line and listen to you as they grow up.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Like what's been said, they do but the youth most of the time are knuckleheads & don't listen. Experience & going through a bad situation, shouldn't have to be the teach you to not do something moment/method. It should take listening to someone older & that's been through something similar to learn but people are hard headed

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
A lot of the Oldheads intentionally withhold knowledge, from getting money to getting with girls, for the sake of "hardship will make them better" and looking at the youth as their competition instead of their successors.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Most older people aren't in a position to tell young folk anything.

It's cool to tell someone something, but nothing trumps SHOWING them that what you say works.

You have to be successful and stable before someone take you serious.

The other part is.....in general people are know-it-alls. We must learn the hard way through experience. It's sad but it is what it is. Very few people learn by just listening. Exceptional people.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
The young black youth rather hear a celebrity ,rapper or athlete tell them and not regular older 9-5 folks…

And the biggest problem is the black family isn’t as one and these kids being raised by a single mother who’s either working 2 jobs and working on her education or the mother might be 35,40 plus years old but her mindset is the same as the kid.. and who knows where daddy at

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
The coli is the perfect example of how young nikkas think they know everything. :mjtf:
And literally know NOTHING. I had already matured fast for my age (according to those around me), but I was in my early 30s when life actually clicked in my head. I thought I knew everything but now that I'm damn near pushing 40, I'm just now starting to get a true grasp of the world...

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They busy living their second childhoods:yeshrug:

Im in my 40s and this one rings true among my friends. Literally grown a$$ kids doing as much things now that they couldnt as kids not understanding why our parents told us not to eat fast food, drink,smoke, and get high everyday thats why brehs is dying younger.

the teenage parents who never had a childhood and had grandma raising their kids while they got their life together face resentment from those kids or some childhood trauma got them old heads hating like if i went thru that u should too type shyt.

jealousy is a big thing too. I’ve seen mothers hate on their own daughters

:mjcry:

lib123

All Star
Daps

It's cool to tell someone something, but nothing trumps SHOWING them that what you say works.

The other part is.....in general people are know-it-alls. We must learn the hard way through experience. It's sad but it is what it is. Very few people learn by just listening. Exceptional people.

I disagree, older people who've made mistakes can warn the young not to make the same. But the important part is the older generations have to be vulnerable and share the mistakes they've made.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree, older people who've made mistakes can warn the young not to make the same. But the important part is the older generations have to be vulnerable and share the mistakes they've made.

This is true but first the youngins must be willing to listen and yes the OG’s have to own them mistakes instead of blaming everybody but themselves. Accountability is lacking in our community and drugs was the bomb that broke the foundation of the black family.

I was raised by my grandparents cause my parents struggled with crack but they were responsible and aware enough to leave me in custody with my grandparents. Plus my grandparents were more than capable of raising me right so when i got old enough to understand the situation my resentment and abandonment issues were able to heal

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

So you dont listen to your parents about the importancr of edication if yall are poor and theyre janitors?

I think its more about how the father raises his kids regardless of the financial circumstsnces of the parents. Each generation can be a stepping stone if everyone is on in it together.

Compare that to someone who never had guidance or an idiot who refused to be guided looking to random people to be his or her adviser.

Slangtonomo

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
So you dont listen to your parents about the importancr of edication if yall are poor and theyre janitors?

I think its more about how the father raises his kids regardless of the financial circumstsnces of the parents. Each generation can be a stepping stone if everyone is on in it together.

Compare that to someone who never had guidance or an idiot who refused to be guided looking to random people to be his or her adviser.
Truthfully...probably not. You'll see your parents as idiots who failed in life on the financial tip. You respect them as your parents, but as far as trusting what they say, it's very iffy.

It is important how the father hold his family together, but there's something even more important, the environment.

The environment can turn just about any child into a idiot.