Why Dont More Adults Fix Their Teeth?

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Got Invisalign at 25 and had to rock them for a year, people barely even knew I had them in. Best decision I made and a supreme boost to my confidence. Paid $1500 out of pocket and insurance covered the rest :wow:

edit- don’t do smiledirect club nonsense. Go see an actual orthodontist and get your Invisalign.

Last edited:

[Something Cool]

Not a Well-Known Member
Daps
Reppin
exorbitant legal fees
It cost me about $2,500 with insurance to fix my teeth. Easily one of the best investments I’ve made so far. The confidence you get when you can smile with no worries is worth it. Women definitely notice it. You can look into companies like Smilediretclub or invisiligners to get alignments on the cheap now

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Sitting in that chair for an x-ray of your mouth and your mouth drops seeing the $725 for the x-rays alone.

Only gets worse from there. Never left the dentist without a $500+ bill.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Floss won't get through
You have about three different brush heads to get in between your teeth and the brackets
U also used to get a dye to show you exactly where needed extra attention when cleaning
I’m still buying those tiny brush heads because it great for gums.

I’m gonna put my slick woods mouth in my avi now lol

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
this is a real ass thread...i honestly see after reading through these comments how anyone going into dentistry is lucrative..my uncle switched from architecture to doing dentistry and is cakin with his own practice..and the reason my dad made a last min effort 16 years ago to get me to drop IT to do dentistry lol....it actually made me try login to my member portal to see my full list of benefits :heh:...which i have to wait until 830 to call customer care since portal for some reason wont let me in :beli:

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Due to already discussed reasons, I went years without reg checkups and, breh, I paid for it. Literally and figuratively.

Now, I don't fukk around. Got 2 appts in the next 2 weeks to maintain my "crooked smile.":troll:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lol I just got back from my teeth cleaning about an hour ago. Had a 7:00 am appt. You are rewarded for your flossing when you floss daily cause it won’t hurt at all. If you don’t floss and go to get your teeth clean it will hurt.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

Most dentists suggest that:yeshrug:

Now obviously if a person needs major dental work then that's another story. But you'd be surprised how many people neglect getting their teeth cleaned, even when its free through insurance and don't keep up with basic hygiene. When the pain becomes unbearable and they finally get their teeth fixed its too late, after insurance they end up looking at thousands of dollars in out of pocket expenses.

Zime

Superstar
Daps
In the UK braces cost £1k - £3k for adults and free for kids but you guys be paying $10k - $12k?
:picard:

Also, with the NHS, It's possible to get riot canal and wisdom teeth removal for free

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
In the UK braces cost £1k - £3k for adults and free for kids but you guys be paying $10k - $12k?
:picard:

Also, with the NHS, It's possible to get riot canal and wisdom teeth removal for free
All I pay is £50 for the hygienist
With my retainer in you can’t see my gap but how do I eat and talk like that lol

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Braces are the right way, not veneers! I was lucky and my parents paid for mine when I was young. I know adults may be a bit insecure about having them so I always address it by asking how they feel with them or sharing some tips about wearing them

nothing to be ashamed about all, nice smiles are priceless
This.

People shouldn't be rushing into Veneers.
Even If you get Veneers get your teeth straightend first.

Seen people get veneers on crooked teeth and their teeth still looked fukked up because their bite is still all messed up...
Furthermore Veeners require maintenance and need to be replaced down the line, they won't last forever.
And if you cannot afford 10-15 years down the line then you're quite frankly fukked.

Nice smile will get you far.
I had braces when I was younger, I wasnt diligent wearing my retainer.
My teeth are still somewhat straight thankfully, but I do want braces again down the line to correct some things.
I still get compliments about my teeth "Your teeth are so nice":pachaha: