Why Dont More Adults Fix Their Teeth?

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Had a wisdom tooth extraction this past September that cost me a grip. Was supposed to take out 5 teeth in total but settled for the main damaged two. Had to do it in the hospital under anesthetic, which added even more costs :wow:

I have zero regrets though, even though i was out of damn near $3k cash by the and of it :wow:

I plan on taking the other 3 later this year and do a filling for another that got chipped in a scrap

round 2 done baby!

only one more tooth left :blessed:

that financial independence is :wow:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ex wife had braces. Expensive, and tons of visits and trouble. It's a lifestyle. I would do Invisalign, but that's it.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
I’m hoping I can fix my relapse with some retainers, my orthodontist says he can’t but I’m not convinced.

The one I usually see has left and last time she fixed a relapse with a spring retainer.

ima need a second option elsewhere

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Most ppl broke as fukk and many even otherwise decent health plans have shyt dental coverage (or none at all)

2. Some ppl just don’t care as much to fix cosmetic non health impacting issues. Especially if they’re already married etc or just don’t have same sense of insecurity. It’s like guys who say fuk it and go bald the second they notice hair loss.

3. This last one is a doozy but I’ve seen in happen in real life specifically with teeth but it happens with weight and other physical cosmetic issues. Some people have lived with it for so long it’s almost become part of their identity. They have all kinds of coping mechanisms to deal with it. They want to appear strong so they try not to act insecure or self conscious about it. Fixing the problem would show that it really did bother them all that time and would be ultimate act of insecurity. Crazy shyt but that happens.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's expensive and too many stipulations on top of that. If it's not necessary......

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s worth it. If anything, just get on a payment plan.

I can pay it. My thing is the TIME it takes. I'm in my mid 30s.

I actually had braces as a kid but failed to wear the damn retainer. If I do Invisalign now I will 100% get a permanent retainer.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
it's weird, people get their front teeth straight, but they leave their front button teeth crooked and jagged, even famous people do this sh1t and I'm like wtf ?!?!?

MikeyK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in my 30's and got braces last year. Only reason I got it was cuz my work insurance offered $3000 for it. Also had to get jaw surgery a few months ago to expand my upper jaw. Had me feeling, looking, and sounding stupid as hell for a bit but it was worth it. I can breathe so much better and luckily the procedure was covered so I didn't have to pay anything.