Why Doesn’t Silicon Valley Hire Black Coders?

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
we gonna have to agree to disagree, actually increasing the number of black engineers is enough (along with creating more financing infrastructures), to create more black engineers would require a huge shift in how black people raise and educate their children, its not anything simple, and its not a flippant statement

and its like you are not responding the fact that there arent any unemployed black engineers

i think you are stuck on a civil rights/diversity/integration/affirmative actione type thinking that has proven to be a failure
but you said earlier that the racism in tech is no different than in other industries

There was a small number of black corporate folks, then the numbers increased. Job improvements were made, but we both agree there are still longstanding issues

So now you're saying increase black engineers because employment in tech is 100%, which contradicts that racism exist in tech if 100% black folks get employed, will improve like corporate america?

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
but you said earlier that the racism in tech is no different than in other industries

There was a small number of black corporate folks, then the numbers increased. Job improvements were made, but we both agree there are still longstanding issues

So now you're saying increase black engineers because employment in tech is 100%, which contradicts that racism exist in tech if 100% black folks get employed, will improve like corporate america?

im not contradicting what i am saying, i never said that diversity should be our goal or that we need to "improve" corporate america, that is why we have to agree to disagree, i think your civil rights mentality is a problem into itself

what i did say is that we need to get more black engineers to have the critical mass to form our own companies

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
im not contradicting what i am saying, i never said that diversity should be our goal or that we need to "improve" corporate america, that is why we have to agree to disagree, i think your civil rights mentality is a problem into itself

what i did say is that we need to get more black engineers to have the critical mass to form our own companies
A discussion on a forum is nothing more than agreeing to disagree by default, no need to repeat that

Nothing I said mentioned you stating "improving" corporate america. I said LIKE corporate america, a simple sarcastic point that reflects your solutions of increasing black work force in tech, will have the same limited effects as increasing the black work force in corporate america

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
A discussion on a forum is nothing more than agreeing to disagree by default, no need to repeat that

Nothing I said mentioned you stating "improving" corporate america. I said LIKE corporate america, a simple sarcastic point that reflects your solutions of increasing black work force in tech, will have the same limited effects as increasing the black work force in corporate america

hmm no, people agree to disagree by default when they do not exchange or expound on their views, but if there is a discussion or an exchange of views it is not a given that you agree to disagree

i was just saying that i think the premise of your thinking is flawed, i never agreed with the premise that our goal is to make corporate america more diverse, in fact my opinion is that if you start with that premise it will lead to flawed ideas

i think the notion of making corporate america diverse is a flawed civil rights notion, i think our goal should be to create more black engineering companies and more companies in general

yes i said a black engineer will encounter the same racism any other black person will face

but i didnt say that a non engineer black person has the same chance of getting hired as a black engineer and i didnt say that getting hired is a sign of less racism

all I said is that a black engineer is essentially guaranteed a job in SV, period

you may be misinterpreting that statement cuz like i said we disagree on what the goals should be

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
hmm no, people agree to disagree by default when they do not exchange or expound on their views, but if there is a discussion or an exchange of views it is not a given that you agree to disagree

i was just saying that i think the premise of your thinking is flawed, i never agreed with the premise that our goal is to make corporate america more diverse, in fact my opinion is that if you start with that premise it will lead to flawed ideas

i think the notion of making corporate america diverse is a flawed civil rights notion, i think our goal should be to create more black engineering companies and more companies in general

yes i said a black engineer will encounter the same racism any other black person will face

but i didnt say that a non engineer black person has the same chance of getting hired as a black engineer and i didnt say that getting hired is a sign of less racism

all I said is that a black engineer is essentially guaranteed a job in SV, period

you may be misinterpreting that statement cuz like i said we disagree on what the goals should be
All I'm doing is applying a consistent view on similar problems

Again, I never mentioned your agreement to make corporate america diverse, I'm pointing out the fact that the increase of black employment via corporate diversity, had limited effects on white supremacy cause blacks folks started companies and many black folks branched out on their own after their corporate experience. But still there are white supremacy problems

Increasing the number of black engineers alone doesn't mean anything without instilling a sense of purpose, like the corporate america example

Also, if 100% black engineers are hired in SV, then there's very little racism. Companies would simply report as fact that they had 30 qualified black engineers apply, and we hired all of them

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
All I'm doing is applying a consistent view on similar problems

Again, I never mentioned your agreement to make corporate america diverse, I'm pointing out the fact that the increase of black employment via corporate diversity, had limited effects on white supremacy cause blacks folks started companies and many black folks branched out on their own after their corporate experience. But still there are white supremacy problems

Increasing the number of black engineers alone doesn't mean anything without instilling a sense of purpose, like the corporate america example

Also, if 100% black engineers are hired in SV, then there's very little racism. Companies would simply report as fact that they had 30 qualified black engineers apply, and we hired all of them

and im pointing out that the push to make corporate america more diverse was a failure and im questioning why would you want to apply a failed idea to the tech industry

we all know how the story goes and how it ends, with a few blacks getting hired and marginal results, do you have any ideas that do more then get a few jobs for black and do more than marginal results? or are you simply going to continue with dated ideas?

it really bothers me how people act like they are accomplishing something by these corny efforts to push "diversity"

increasing the number of black engineers means a lot to the point im trying to make, which is the need for critical mass. I disagree that there needs to be any particular purpose outside of making money and owning things and being creative

a black person getting hired as an engineer says nothing either way about racism in SV, when you get hired is when the racism starts, like chris rock said about hollywood, there is no KKK racism its sorority racism

and my statement about getting hired actually applies to 90% of engineers regardless of race, if you have a STEM degree and you go out to cali, the chances of you NOT getting hired are minuscule, there are unemployed people but those are usually middle managers who have lost their skills

i cant speak for other parts of the country but there arent any unemployed black engineers in SV or in cali in general, this notion that companies are refusing to hire black engineers is false

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
and im pointing out that the push to make corporate america more diverse was a failure and im questioning why would you want to apply a failed idea to the the tech industry

we all know how the story goes and how it ends, with a few blacks getting hired and marginal results, do you have any ideas that do more then get a few jobs for black and do more than marginal results? or are you simply going to continue with dated ideas?

it really bothers me how people act like they are accomplishing something by these corny efforts to push "diversity"

increasing the number of black engineers means a lot to the point im trying to make, which is the need for critical mass. I disagree that there needs to be any particular purpose outside of making money and owning things and being creative

a black person getting hired as an engineer says nothing either way about racism in SV, when you get hired is when the racism starts, like chris rock said about hollywood, there is no KKK racism its sorority racism

and my statement about getting hired actually applies to 90% of engineers regardless of race, if you have a STEM degree and you go out to cali, the chances of you NOT getting hired are minuscule, there are unemployed people but those are usually middle managers who have lost their skills

i cant speak for other parts of the country but there arent any unemployed black engineers in SV or in cali in general, this notion that companies are refusing to hire black engineers is false

how will black engineers get experience straight out of college?
Black folks have companies now, but yet the wealth gaps still widens. How will black engineers opening businesses help that problem

Increasing the black workforce of any industry, how will that help tackle white supremacy?

Getting hired, promotions, salary, and responsibilities are all measures of the levels of racism. From the fire department to corporate america, those measures were used. You already said industries vary but racism doesn't. But yet the varables used to measure in other industries now doesn't apply to tech companies?

Your numbers are not adding up
If 90% of engineers regardless of race is employed, then why is unemployed black engineer far fetched?

Like I already mentioned, why hasn't the companies made the lack of black engineers their argument to the diversity problem? matter of fact it wouldn't be a problem if I know that a qualified black engineer is guaranteed job

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
how will black engineers get experience straight out of college?

i dont know, by getting a job I guess, isnt that how everybody does it?
Black folks have companies now,
no they dont, black people dont even own grocery stores and fast foods in their own neighborhoods

black people not owning business is a main cause of black poverty and the most serious problem black people have

but yet the wealth gaps still widens.
and it probably will continue to widen until black people focus on business

How will black engineers opening businesses help that problem
i dont know, i never siad that black engineers opening their own business will shelp solve inequality, i said black engineers should open businesss to make money and own things

Increasing the black workforce of any industry, how will that help tackle white supremacy?
i never said that increasing the black workforce will tackle white supremacy

Getting hired, promotions, salary, and responsibilities are all measures of the levels of racism. From the fire department to corporate america, those measures were used. You already said industries vary but racism doesn't. But yet the varables used to measure in other industries now doesn't apply to tech companies?
they do apply to the tech industry, if you want it to, im just questonoing if its a good idea to do that

those variables you are referring to come from a long line of diversity/civil rights/affirmative action view of the world, im rejecting that view of the world

this is why i told you its better to agree to disagree because i have fundemantal disagreement with your civil rights view of the world

Your numbers are not adding up
If 90% of engineers regardless of race is employed, then why is unemployed black engineer far fetched?
because i have never met one or heard of one

Like I already mentioned, why hasn't the companies made the lack of black engineers their argument to the diversity problem?
they do
matter of fact it wouldn't be a problem if I know that a qualified black engineer is guaranteed job
im just speaking of what i know, and that is in california and SV, there are no unemployed black engineers that i am aware of, and I am very confident that any black engineer that comes to california will get a job easily

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
i dont know, by getting a job I guess, isnt that how everybody does it?
So you are in this thread talmbowt increasing black engineers to open businesses, with no grasp of how these black engineers will get experience? while blindly dismissing and wrongly labeling diversity initiatives

I already address that
pure facts on corporate america and white supremacy.

Diversity initiatives may not overcome those facts, but it does provide the individual the experience needed and exposure to relationships that will allow for the confidence to possibly venture on your own OR change jobs. As I'm sure you know, hands on experience and text book experience are different

Black people have experienced racism going to their local grocery store and seeing the lack of quality foods, but it doesn't stop them from eating poorly and having health problems due to poor diets

Employment alone is not the goal of diversity initiatives, it's also about input from unique backgrounds to make informed decisions

Increasing the number of black engineers is not enough, they need to internalize an urgency and desire to want to eradicate white supremacy, while still having white friends and white investors

no they dont, black people dont even own grocery stores and fast foods in their own neighborhoods

black people not owning business is a main cause of black poverty and the most serious problem black people have

and it probably will continue to widen until black people focus on business

i dont know, i never siad that black engineers opening their own business will shelp solve inequality, i said black engineers should open businesss to make money and own things

What are you talmbowt, have you been to Atlanta and Carolinas? Black folks own shyt and has the spending power. Not as much as I would like. What they lack is the motivation to want to build a black economy because they still psychologically dependent on white folks. That why there are non-profit orgs, think thanks, and schools all geared toward black empowerment, not getting any financial support, despite black folks' spending power

That's why I referenced black corporate america getting the experience and then going on their own, that's not unique to Atlanta or the Carolinas. But you can't just support a business cause it's black owned cause that don't mean shyt unless that business is investing back into you directly or indirectly through the community

i never said that increasing the black workforce will tackle white supremacy

So if your goals is not to tackle white supremacy via black engineers' success, then you just talmbowt black folks getting jobs and doing their thang. Which is largely what we have now. While the wealth gap continues to widen

they do apply to the tech industry, if you want it to, im just questonoing if its a good idea to do that

those variables you are referring to come from a long line of diversity/civil rights/affirmative action view of the world, im rejecting that view of the world

this is why i told you its better to agree to disagree because i have fundemantal disagreement with your civil rights view of the world
What other way to measure diverity and fairness in any capacity of the business world if not by employment oppportunities, salary, promotion, responsibilities, and access. These concepts exist cause they directly measure what's important to an individual's success, regardless of race. Stop minimizing it to just a civil rights/diversity/affirmative action

because i have never met one or heard of one

they do
im just speaking of what i know, and that is in california and SV, there are no unemployed black engineers that i am aware of, and I am very confident that any black engineer that comes to california will get a job easily

Like I said, your numbers are not matching up. I agree that encouraging STEM careers in the black community is a necessity.
If the low number of applicants is the cause for the lack of diversity, then you need to retract your earlier claim that the tech industry experiences the same racism as any other industry, cause employment is a very common problem in those other industries

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
So you are in this thread talmbowt increasing black engineers to open businesses, with no grasp of how these black engineers will get experience? while blindly dismissing and wrongly labeling diversity initiatives

i have no idea what you are babbling about, i said from the start that the real problem is that there is not a critical mass of black engineers and the lack of a financial system to create black owned engineering companies

i said that black engineers can get experience by getting a job

im not sure what you are going on about

I already address that

thats nice, but like i said, black engineers being unemployed is not a real issue, the number of black engineers is the real problem

diversity initiatives will produce the same results as they always have, a few black people will get some jobs

and i asked you already, do you have any ideas that go beyond getting a few more black faces and producing marginal results for black people?

do you want a cookie for spouting some civil rights verbage about the need for diversity and affirmative action?

What are you talmbowt, have you been to Atlanta and Carolinas? Black folks own shyt and has the spending power. Not as much as I would like. What they lack is the motivation to want to build a black economy because they still psychologically dependent on white folks. That why there are non-profit orgs, think thanks, and schools all geared toward black empowerment, not getting any financial support, despite black folks' spending power

That's why I referenced black corporate america getting the experience and then going on their own, that's not unique to Atlanta or the Carolinas. But you can't just support a business cause it's black owned cause that don't mean shyt unless that business is investing back into you directly or indirectly through the community

black people dont own anything, relatively speaking, if you believe otherwise you are delusional

i never said anything about supporting a business cuz its black owned and there is nothing that i have said in this thread that suggests being dependent on anybody

So if your goals is not to tackle white supremacy via black engineers' success, then you just talmbowt black folks getting jobs and doing their thang. Which is largely what we have now. While the wealth gap continues to widen

black people should be about power and money, black people especially engineers should open business to make money and own things, period

it doesnt matter if it tackles white supremacy or of it continues the wealth gap or not

What other way to measure diverity and fairness in any capacity of the business world if not by employment oppportunities, salary, promotion, responsibilities, and access. These concepts exist cause they directly measure what's important to an individual's success, regardless of race. Stop minimizing it to just a civil rights/diversity/affirmative action

i dont know any other way of measuring those things, and i dont care, im saying its not important to measure it, and im thoroughly dismissing civil rights/diversity and affirmative actin as antiquated

Like I said, your numbers are not matching up. I agree that encouraging STEM careers in the black community is a necessity.
If the low number of applicants is the cause for the lack of diversity, then you need to retract your earlier claim that the tech industry experiences the same racism as any other industry, cause employment is a very common problem in those other industries

there is nothing that im saying that is contradictory, i never said that getting hired means there is no racism, what i said is that when you get hired is when the real racism starts

so its perfectly consistent with what i am saying that SV companies are hiring black engineers and that SV companies are racist

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
i have no idea what you are babbling about, i said from the start that the real problem is that there is not a critical mass of black engineers and the lack of a financial system to create black owned engineering companies

i said that black engineers can get experience by getting a job

im not sure what you are going on about

thats nice, but like i said, black engineers being unemployed is not a real issue, the number of black engineers is the real problem

diversity initiatives will produce the same results as they always have, a few black people will get some jobs

and i asked you already, do you have any ideas that go beyond getting a few more black faces and producing marginal results for black people?

do you want a cookie for spouting some civil rights verbage about the need for diversity and affirmative action?

black people dont own anything, relatively speaking, if you believe otherwise you are delusional

i never said anything about supporting a business cuz its black owned and there is nothing that i have said in this thread that suggests being dependent on anybody

black people should be about power and money, black people especially engineers should open business to make money and own things, period

it doesnt matter if it tackles white supremacy or of it continues the wealth gap or not

i dont know any other way of measuring those things, and i dont care, im saying its not important to measure it, and im thoroughly dismissing civil rights/diversity and affirmative actin as antiquated

there is nothing that im saying that is contradictory, i never said that getting hired means there is no racism, what i said is that when you get hired is when the real racism starts

so its perfectly consistent with what i am saying that SV companies are hiring black engineers and that SV companies are racist

So you tambowt white supremacy, while not having any plans on tackling it
You labeling SV as racist, while not having any plans to tackling it

While everything I mentioned revolves around tackling white supremacy and the success of black economics that will directly address the lack of finances that you claim is needed to open black engineering companies, but have no solution or idea to address that

Black folks have always been about power, money and being a boss, thus the increase in graduates and entrepreneurs. But what hasn't increased is the applied conscious knowledge. Black folks owning business may be a foreign concept to you, but not to all of us. Black folks getting paid occurs with or without black engineers in the tech industry, so who cares if more black engineers get to open companies. Like if more sneaker shops or bank that are openned by black folks means anything without applied conscious knowledge

The diversity initiative that you wrongly scoff at is used by other groups, nationalities and women

You don't have any measuring suggestions and you can't explain how these measurement variables are wrong, despite it being used by individuals regardless race, but it should be dismissed. yeah ok

Employment is an example used by racist to prove they are not racist. Racism in a company starts from the influential individuals that creates the toxic environment, that encourages hiring practices, that determines promotions, that determines salaries

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
So you tambowt white supremacy, while not having any plans on tackling it
You labeling SV as racist, while not having any plans to tackling it

in this thread? no i am not talking about tackling white supremacy, im talking about the importance of having more black engineers to create a critical mass so that we can start having black technology companies

you are talking about tackling racism and white supremacy by a diversity initiate that will have the effect of having a couple more black people in corporate america....only in the world of the antiquated civil rights mind does that make any type of sense

for the third time, do you have any ideas aside from "diversity" initiatives?
While everything I mentioned revolves around tackling white supremacy and the success of black economics that will directly address the lack of finances that you claim is needed to open black engineering companies, but have no solution or idea to address that
:mjlol:

you never said a word about business, economics, black engineering companies or finances, i was the one that brought it up, stop it

all you have been doing in this thread is getting your jesse jackson/al sharpton on

whats next? do you want have a march and protest in front of google headquarters? will you be celebrating when they throw you a few crumbs?

Black folks have always been about power, money and being a boss,
a lot of people are and use to be, but nowadays less so

the negative side of integration and civil rights was that black people focused less on business and ownership and more on integration, civil rights and diversity

thus the increase in graduates and entrepreneurs. But what hasn't increased is the applied conscious knowledge. Black folks owning business may be a foreign concept to you, but not to all of us. Black folks getting paid occurs with or without black engineers in the tech industry, so who cares if more black engineers get to open companies. Like if more sneaker shops or bank that are openned by black folks means anything without applied conscious knowledge
this is just gibberish

The diversity initiative that you wrongly scoff at is used by other groups, nationalities and women
well i agree that they are, that is why black people need to stop supporting affirmative action, other people are getting more out of these programs than black people are

black people only benefit marginally from such programs

You don't have any measuring suggestions and you can't explain how these measurement variables are wrong, despite it being used by individuals regardless race, but it should be dismissed. yeah ok​
the only thing that should be measured as for as the subject of this thread is the number of black engineers graduating and what their credit scores are

Employment is an example used by racist to prove they are not racist. Racism in a company starts from the influential individuals that creates the toxic environment, that encourages hiring practices, that determines promotions, that determines salaries
ok

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest

in this thread? no i am not talking about tackling white supremacy, im talking about the importance of having more black engineers to create a critical mass so that we can start having black technology companies

you are talking about tackling racism and white supremacy by a diversity initiate that will have the effect of having a couple more black people in corporate america....only in the world of the antiquated civil rights mind does that make any type of sense

for the third time, do you have any ideas aside from "diversity" initiatives?​

You're clearly one of these ungrateful ego types that feels empowered by minimizing the benefits and shytting on Civil Right, Dr. King Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and affirmative action. Which is lame since all these efforts and individuals were trying to improve the black experience. You claiming certain legacies of civil rights need to be done away with, but not being able to provide alternate solutions
Talmbowt what was wrong with these programs and individuals, while ignoring the positives and goals of their efforts,is not hard to do. But what's hard is maintaining perspective on their positive outcomes, building upon their positives and adjusting the direction as needed

Remixing what I said about diversity initiatives, doesn't make you correct. Especially when you're claiming racism but then boasting about an incorrect 100% employment rate for black engineers.

pure facts on corporate america and white supremacy.

Diversity initiatives may not overcome those facts, but it does provide the individual the experience needed and exposure to relationships that will allow for the confidence to possibly venture on your own OR change jobs. As I'm sure you know, hands on experience and text book experience are different

Black people have experienced racism going to their local grocery store and seeing the lack of quality foods, but it doesn't stop them from eating poorly and having health problems due to poor diets

Employment alone is not the goal of diversity initiatives, it's also about input from unique backgrounds to make informed decisions

Increasing the number of black engineers is not enough, they need to internalize an urgency and desire to want to eradicate white supremacy, while still having white friends and white investors

:mjlol:

you never said a word about business, economics, black engineering companies or finances, i was the one that brought it up, stop it

all you have been doing in this thread is getting your jesse jackson/al sharpton on

whats next? do you want have a march and protest in front of google headquarters? will you be celebrating when they throw you a few crumbs?
You maybe feel comfortable being part time when addressing white supremacy, I'm not. No matter what thread or discussion I'm apart of, I maintain perspective about white supremacy
Your half-azz ways shows by your generic answers of "bu bu they get a job," while then criticizing diversity initiatives providing marginal jobs, which is not correct, but I'll play along to prove your flawed thinking
What ways will you ensure that the black engineers "when they get a job" will not be marginalized?

lol. more ego stroke attempts at the expense of Sharpton and Jackson, who both have been encouraging black folks to do exactly what you claiming. Get jobs and become entrepreneurs

a lot of people are and use to be, but nowadays less so

the negative side of integration and civil rights was that black people focused less on business and ownership and more on integration, civil rights and diversity
Like I already said, have you been to Atlanta or the Carolinas?
focusing on those black folks that fit your narrative while ignoring others, continue to prove your lack of knowledge and perspective on this matter
Everything I mention factors in both the entrepreneur type and the employee type

this is just gibberish
Nope. Motivation sparks actions, skin color alone is not enough due to various reasons
What's gibberish is claiming an industry is racist, while claiming it has 100% employment rate for black folks
What's gibberish is claiming the lack of finances to open black engineering firms, while not factoring in the lack of motivation by black folks with money to want to open a black engineering firm
What's gibberish is claiming blackfolks isn't about power and money, while ignoring those that are
What's gibberish is talmbowt white supremacy and racism existing in all work places, while mentioning solutions that doesn't address neither one
What's gibberish is criticizing and requesting the abandonment of the metrics used by default in all companies, employees and especially schools (so they could advertise the success rate of their graduates), because you wanna shyt on civil rights to stroke your ego

well i agree that they are, that is why black people need to stop supporting affirmative action, other people are getting more out of these programs than black people are

black people only benefit marginally from such programs
Stop claiming black folks need to stop supporting anything without providing an alternate
Stop minimizing the effects and purpose of affirmative action cause you feel white folks finna judge you

the only thing that should be measured as for as the subject of this thread is the number of black engineers graduating and what their credit scores are
ok
lol. A good credit score and high black engineering graduates does what?

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Among everything else, it seems.

It's only a matter of time before a critical mass of Black Americans reach the ultimate conclusion. But I do wish some of us would hurry up and get there.:sas2:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
we gonna have to agree to disagree, actually increasing the number of black engineers is enough (along with creating more financing infrastructures), to create more black engineers would require a huge shift in how black people raise and educate their children, its not anything simple, and its not a flippant statement

and its like you are not responding the fact that there arent any unemployed black engineers

i think you are stuck on a civil rights/diversity/integration/affirmative actione type thinking that has proven to be a failure
thing is, a lot of these fields are started from people who created their own shyt and just built it out, so the notion that in the tech industry you rely on others to make your living is something they're against.