Why does the Coli hate landlord's so much?

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
And money is an essential part of humanity as well.

You think people are taking on investments and debts for the hell of it? A lot of those same people that are struggling now are just trying to make ends meet like you and I. It's about making money to live. The same reason that cats are investing in shyt to tell at a higher price down the road.
The name voice of the voiceless doesn’t really suit you breh:patrice:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
“Ain’t no fun when the rabbit got the gun “ The predators have now become the prey.
:yeshrug:

Even crazier, is that their entitlement is similar to the Onlyfans thots. Like, invest in something else or have real estate as a,secondary income if you claim that you so good with money.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The name voice of the voiceless doesn’t really suit you breh:patrice:

You can make that case with a lot of names on this site. Just not mine. I have a business type view of certain things because of the industry I work through. It's only so long you can be patient and go without the money that someone owes you.

That's in all walks of life and not just pertaining to renters/landlords.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't understand....they charge beyond what taxes enforce them to do, raise rent prices every year FOR THE SAME EXACT ROOM, and secured profits to BUY new properties. After a while, they just leeches of the poor while their financial expectations want them to live like a Puffy video.
Everyone doesnt do this though breh. There are def some that are predatory like that though. I wouldnt want to make up a percentage to say how many are because I simply dont know.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
You can make that case with a lot of names on this site. Just not mine. I have a business type view of certain things because of the industry I work through. It's only so long you can be patient and go without the money that someone owes you.

That's in all walks of life and not just pertaining to renters/landlords.
Maybe “supply-side Jesus” would be better suited for you:ehh:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Everyone doesnt do this though breh. There are def some that are predatory like that though. I wouldnt want to make up a percentage to say how many are because I simply dont know.

But too many of these landlords engage in this, similar to the bad cops that outshine the good cops out there.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Fam keeps telling me to rent my spot out.

fukk no. I've seen too much shyt from both the renter side and the landlord side to ever jump into that game. My boy went the section 8 route for the easy money and now he in the shyt with other homeowners on his block.:francis:

if i ever get rental property, thats who i want in my shyt . only blacc section 8 tenants

i'd tell those other homeowners to sell they shyt to me , catch the fade, or shut up we good outchea

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I don’t hate landlords but some of them are doing horrible things to people. Taking off doors and locks, etc. however I understand. Fear and hunger make people do crazy things

I think banks need to start only giving loans to landlords who can afford to foot the bill if anything goes down. NY where I live is a tenant state where tenants have many rights. Why would the bank give a loan to landlord who only can afford a multi family probably based on the payments of tenants?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Maybe supply-side Jesus

People get upset and freak out all the time when someone owes them money and doesn't pay it back. The same dudes on here defending it would the same ones making threads asking what they should do if someone owes them money and doesn't plan on paying it back fast enough or at all. They'd be lying if they said they wouldn't.

Now apply that same logic if it was a complete stranger they loaned the money to and gage their reaction.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I think banks need to start only giving loans to landlords who can afford to foot the bill if anything goes down. NY where I live is a tenant state where tenants have many rights. Why would the bank give a loan to landlord who only can afford a multi family probably based on the payments of tenants?

It's a lot of criteria that goes into giving those type of loans.

Going by your logic, a lot of people wouldn't get loans at all and not just when it comes to real estate.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
It's a lot of criteria that goes into giving those type of loans.

Going by your logic, a lot of people wouldn't get loans at all and not just when it comes to real estate.

And what’s wrong with that?

So landlords foreclosing on property is better?

That’s the issue with America too many people are qualified for things that they aren’t really qualified for.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
a lot of tenants are indeed pathetic

A lot of tenants can't afford to make the payments for the places that they are living in and that was even before COVID-19. Just as a lot of landlords can't afford to make the payments of all their rental properties and expenses if something goes wrong. It's a two way street.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I agree with all that. But in this instance we're discussing when rental owners can forcefully evict tenants. Theoretically, there are other prospective tenants who can pay the rent but the argument is when can home owners force evictions. If a rental owner is willing to cover the rent because he/she has savings, at what point can he say, 'okay i need to get new tenants in there who can pay the rent'?

I hear ya. Determining if there are other tenants that can cover the cost depends on the area/job market. Again that takes some due diligence in researching the job market in a particular area.

I had a chance to buy a multi unit property in portsmouth virgina last summer for about $150K. Not only did it have 6 units but it also had a storefront that I could have made money from as well. But after doing some due diligence on the jobs within that area I learned that there weren't many high paying jobs in the area and there was a reason the current owner was trying to dump it. Plus the unemployment rate was high for various reasons. In that case, I would most likely have a hard time finding new tenants any better than the current ones occupying the space. And even though I wouldn't have a mortgage on the place I noticed that the operational costs were high since water and electricity were part of the leasing contract and that shyt was high for all of those units so I walked away from that deal.

Where I am at in the baltimore/dc area(s) the job market is pretty strong since government and federal contractors have been working from home. Purchasing a townhome in columbia maryland for $350K in cash and charging white collar workers $2300-$2500 a month is more attractive option.

so yeah, that's just my long winded analysis on the tenant situation and why it's not always as easy to just find a new tenant. Basically, keep your margins low because the market is the determining factor for how much you can charge for rent. Do I think property owners deserve to earn income for their rentals? sure. But supply and demand will determine what they can truly charge and there may come a point where demand will put them at a lower price point than their mortgage costs. At that point they can either weather the storm or liquidate. That's just business