Why does the Black community depreciate Black clothing brands while putting white clothing brands on a pedestal?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In 1992 if I wore Karl Kani or Polo, I would be fly. But in 2024 if I wear Karl Kani, cats would swear I just got out of prison from doing 30 years and I'm wearing the clothes still in my closet from 30 years ago. But I'd still be fly if I rocked Polo in 2024

Late 90's/early 2000's, if I rocked FUBU, Phat Farm or Versace I'd be fly. But in 2024 if I wear FUBU or Phat Farm, cats would think I buy my clothes from garage sales. But I'd still be fly if I rocked Versace in 2024

Why is that?

:jbhmm:

Why did we depreciate Karl Kani....Fubu....Sean John...Rocawear? Is it psychological damage from slavery that the Black community makes it seem as if the white mans ice is colder when it comes to clothing brands? Polo, Versace, Prada, D&G, Armani, Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vatton.....All hot in 2024 just like they were in the 90's and even prior

Billionaires Boys Club seems to be the only Black clothing brand that has lasted decades. 1 damn clothing brand.

Essentials/Fear Of God is hot now but only time will tell.

Barriers is hot now but again, only time will tell

Yeezys don't count because Adidas is the manufacturer and if u wanted to count them, they are finished because Yeezy depreciated them himself with his crazy ranting. Jordans don't count. The white man made that movie "Air" to let us know that Jordan did not create the Jordan sneakers, the white man did. They went as far as telling us in that movie the white man had to plead with Jordan to make that sneaker because he wasn't into it at first.

( And don't no one dare come in here with that "Lacoste was a Black Man" nonsense:comeon:)

Fear God & Yeezy are proof this is bullshyt.

Rock & Republic was everywhere - it’s gone now.

Fashion is fickle and doesn’t last

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want a Black brand that sells logo-less solid tees at the least, hopefully I find something here

The brands dont grow with the consumer. As an older breh i cant dress like i did back in the 90s early 2000s and the loud logos looks corny to me now so a small logo with quality materials will do. They would to cover all bases kinda how nike u can get a loud shirt in Dr jays or hood sneaker store or get the plain T and orthopedic looking a$$ nike sneakers in Kohls

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Ragstorichesrr makes some dope stuff.

Fubu and sean jean just didnt keep up with the trends. They got old quick.

IMG_4399.jpg

4.png
This cheap looking ass Walmart shyt. :dead:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
???
Plenty of black folks who make their own clothes that get a ton of love.

You have to go on social media to find it. You thought you had one
You see, this is what deflection is. Dude didn't comprehend a word OP said, but somehow found a way to say some bullshyt that really has nothing to do with the topic. And people really dapped him :snoop:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Marketing, advertising, vibe, aesthetic, and influence(rs). Not selling the dream enough on behalf.

Also some black people don’t rock with black owned unless they see non blacks lined up not caring about the extra price

If it ain’t foreign it’s boring is a limiting mindset just like “I can’t fukk with a 9-5 gangy”

All together we just have to out compete everyone

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall