Why does the Black community depreciate Black clothing brands while putting white clothing brands on a pedestal?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
This dumb ass shyt here!

You definitely not American to even say any of this dumb shyt.

Hey my guy...Just leave the thread and don't return. You already did your e thug shyt talking once and I ignored it. If you aren't going to build and elaborate on the actual topic then just leave. If I know that Abocrombe is still on 5th ave then I'm obviously a new yorker. So you're totally wrong comments aren't adding anything to the conversation. Leave the thread please and don't return. See how I'm being civilized and not returning any insults back? Go to the top of the page and hit the "ignore thread" option.

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Fashion is so fickle. But if you choose a niche and do it well, it may last a long time.

Lacoste - Tennis
Moncler - Winter sport wear
Louis Vuitton - travel trunks
Fendi - Furs

Specialize in something and make sure your source materials are high quality. Word of mouth will say much more than you could imagine.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Can’t blame Ye. Dapper Dan been doing it since the 80s
It's been a thing, Big and them was pushing Euro fashion in the 90's too, but Ye's breakout in the 00's was the perfect storm to really bring the shift. People say Jay but Jay was pushing Rocawear early on, Euro Jay came later.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Hey my guy...Just leave the thread and don't return. You already did your e thug shyt talking once and I ignored it. If you aren't going to build and elaborate on the actual topic then just leave. If I know that Abocrombe is still on 5th ave then I'm obviously a new yorker. So you're totally wrong comments aren't adding anything to the conversation. Leave the thread please and don't return. See how I'm being civilized and not returning any insults back? Go to the top of the page and hit the "ignore thread" option.
fukk yo thread and ya feelings. :mjlol:

I'll post in this bytch at leisure.

You replied so you definitely want me to post.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
no, there is plenty of truth in that. people with money and class wear brands that 99% of black hypebeasts have never even heard of, obscure and nondescript labels whose output is of exceptional quality in terms of materials and construction.

my closet is filled with pieces from brands that would have most brehs go :wtf:

i get a lot of my shirts and jackets from labels in germany and amsterdam.
Repped for truth :salute:

Shoutout to Daily Paper, real fly nikkas with passports be knowing.

0799b1802a6131a6743bbfdcc2b35e08.gif

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
A lot of Black-owned clothing has come back into style and the quality has gotten better. These days I own a lot of Black-owned clothing (hoodies, shirts, jeans, etc) and sneakers (canvas sneakers, etc).

Unfortunately, there was somewhat of a down period in the quality of Black clothing, especially during the 2010s when a lot of what was being put out there just wasn't of good quality or style but now you have a lot more fashion creative minds behind the newer up-and-coming Black clothing designers.

I also think with a lot of things that's been happening in the country the last few years in terms of race and social relations there's been more of a spike in interest and somewhat renowned pride in supporting Black brands, clothing designers, etc.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Very few of those urban brands were black owned. They also were bootlegged heavy and most people wore the fake shyt from the Pajeet stores.

Considering those clothes had high price tags they were not going to compete with the bootlegs. I know a lot of Urban stores that started off selling real Fubu, Phat farm etc and pivoted to selling fake gear within a short time. The other issue is those brands did not continue to evolve. They were basic and heavily dependent on loud branding. By the time the street wear scene came around those brands looked outdated. They never kept up with designs.

Now the kicker... Marketing solely to Black people. Just cause something is Black owned doesn't mean that you should only take money from Black people and cut out a whole other market. Exclusively advertising on source, XXL was not smart in hindsight. Look what Virgil did with off white. There's other Black designers right now taking eveyones money. This idea that Black owned only serves Black is regressive. We leave a lot of money on the table.

DON MA MA

Midnight
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
Because many black clothing brands are streetwear. And unfortunately they attach themselves to hiphop/rap. A genre of music that doesn't respect age or tradition.

If you use rappers to promote your clothing and the rapper gets old, so is your brand now.

The only fashion rap respects is that of European Gay Men. Even Tommy Hil couldn't catch a break, to many rappers wore it.