Why does the Black community depreciate Black clothing brands while putting white clothing brands on a pedestal?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
FUBU and Karl Kani were not Hip Hop related brands like Sean John and Phat Farm, that's a lie u just told. Hip Hop embraced those brands but they were not Hip Hop brands.

Abercrombie is still on 5th Avenue...that aint going nowhere.

And aint nobody gonna look at you funny if you went outside wearing Guess or Nautica like they would if u wore Karl Kani or FUBU. FACTS.

Also...U never answered the question in the OP.
I didn't answer the question because I don't believe it has merit or is accurate. You premise is wrong and I established why. The bolded is absolutely NOT facts :mjlol:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think the biggest thing with many of these Black designers is that a lot of stuff is hot at the moment but a) don't evolve with the times b) expand their offerings.

Sean Jean and Steve Harvey are the 2 brands that did the best at this. Steve Harvey used to be looked at almost like zoot suit but the newer designs are more modern and are solid quality same with Sean Jean.

Karl Kani still makes a solid polo imo.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Real talk, all these black brands start out by catering to 15% of the population, all the rest are catering to 50%+. Which ones do you think will survive?

They gotta deversify. Sean John did, and they seemed to last longer than most of the others.

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
It's mostly a clothes thing. I used to be on that "why do we worship white names" train but i've noticed it's not on everything.

It's the sexy european sounding names. I don't know, the brands always seem to sound very high class. 'Gucci' 'Balenciaga' ' Louis Vitton'.

I believe people like to wear stuff made by 'interesting' and 'sophisticated' personalities. Like not just because it's good clothes. Which is why when Kanye's image was still him being a 'misunderstood but brilliant genuis' his stuff sold extremely well.

Also the fashion guys like Raulph Lauren or Calvin Klein always stay mysterious and say very little. They try not to kill the mystique and like to act "high class" to protect the image.

Kanye's transition into fashion was well executed, too bad he's too unstable.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
FUBU and Karl Kani were not Hip Hop related brands like Sean John and Phat Farm, that's a lie u just told. Hip Hop embraced those brands but they were not Hip Hop brands.

Abercrombie is still on 5th Avenue...that aint going nowhere.

And aint nobody gonna look at you funny if you went outside wearing Guess or Nautica like they would if u wore Karl Kani or FUBU. FACTS.

Also...U never answered the question in the OP.
This dumb ass shyt here!

You definitely not American to even say any of this dumb shyt.