Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Any person with eyes can see ryse was heavily influenced by god of war

How? Because both games have a character with a sword??

I just don't see it. One game you are some type of demigod fighting these over exaggerated beast and the other game you are a soldier fighting other soldiers...... Who are humans

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Some of these dudes just need to justify spending $500+ on a subpar game so they just claim the game is actually great. They'll never admit the game had flaws or if they do like in Meach's case, they'll bring down another game with it.

I liked it too. Still thought it was repetitive but not as bad as I expected it to be. I thought the same about killzone too, even tho that's irrelevant to the topic, that it was much better than I expected.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
why did you pick Uncharted? could have picked Tomb Raider or Call of Duty? Both are cinematic and have action. Why in particular did you target one of the more popular critically acclaimed Sony games?

You can sit back and play dumb if you want. We all know you're a Microsoft guy and it wasn't an accident you picked Uncharted.

I don't think anybody here is reminded of Uncharted from what they see of Ryse. One game its a cover based shooter build on set pieces, puzzles, and platforming and the other is a hack and slash game.
/thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
why did you pick Uncharted? could have picked Tomb Raider or Call of Duty? Both are cinematic and have action. Why in particular did you target one of the more popular critically acclaimed Sony games?

You can sit back and play dumb if you want. We all know you're a Microsoft guy and it wasn't an accident you picked Uncharted.

I don't think anybody here is reminded of Uncharted from what they see of Ryse. One game its a cover based shooter build on set pieces, puzzles, and platforming and the other is a hack and slash game.

Once again I've explained it multiple times. Both are basically like playing through an action movie. Tomb raider and COD don't really fit that bill.

All of you that have not played Ryse keep trying to tell me which games its similar to. Go play it then come back and we can talk.

Like I said before its impossible to have a rational conversation here cause y'all just run in the thread with the same shyt everytime. Quit looking for an angle to call someone a fanboy and address what was said.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Seriously the first game I thought about when I seen Ryse was God of War. Meach again resorting to the usual "Ole y'all not trying to talk ya'll just attacking me and putting words in my mouth" bullshyt.
That's exactly what's happening here. Even after the big red disclaimer in the OP.

Like I told winb go play the game then come back and talk. You have a person here who's played both and is telling you the games are similar, but you'd rather come up with your own shyt, and tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Some of these dudes just need to justify spending $500+ on a subpar game so they just claim the game is actually great. They'll never admit the game had flaws or if they do like in Meach's case, they'll bring down another game with it.

Once again y'all create your own story, because you can't address what the thread is about.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
1. i have no problem with having convos and don't have a problem with the overall question of the thread (why is ryse getting bad scores when it does such and such good?)...the reason it comes off as you having a problem is cause no matter what anyone says, you continue to try to make another game look better by trying to make another game look bad instead of just stating your reasons why you think the bad rated game is getting an unfair rating...using a game to compare as an example is cool, but trying to make it seem like the game you're comparing it to shouldn't be considered good cause of the very reasons the bad game is getting called bad is not cool...

2. you don't see how that's bashing uncharted?...how all the shyt you're saying ryse is getting shytted on for that uncharted does isn't fair and how either ryse should be given a pass or uncharted should be getting shytted on for those too isnt bashing?...how you constantly saying uncharted gets praise only for being cinematic and presentation isn't bashing?....like the other shyt didn't have anything to do with praise...

3 & 5. i'll take your word for it since I haven't played it yet...just find it odd that everyone else compares it to hack/slash games, but you compare to a shooter...but again: don't try to play that bullshyt 'I played it, you didn't' card....cause that would mean a lot of the shyt a lot of yall talk shouldn't be said/taken seriously....especially when yall haven't played games that haven't come out but yet form such deep & strong thoughts/opinions on them...not once have I bashed ryse and I wont unless I play it and it gives me a reason to bash it...

6. no they wouldn't be reviewed differently...i understand why the scores are based on a lot of shyt i dont care about like frame rates, visual output, etc....what i'm saying is fun is the only thing that should matter to us, the gamers....what a game gets scored by others shouldn't matter to you if you find the game fun...

7. lol and you believe that shyt?...those arent fans of the game cause a fan of the series isnt gonna say i'm only a fan cause it looks good since it's more to uncharted than that...they probably saying that shyt to look 'unbiased'...the same shyt happens when talking about music artists: 'repeat some universal praise', but then proceed to bash the artist about everything; but say at the end 'i'm a fan though'......anyway, if uncharted was only about production/graphics, it wouldn't be getting praised like it does...cause a lot of games look good nowadays, but don't get the praise of uncharted...in fact you have to purposely make a 'bad looking' game nowadays...also, I just find it funny that you believe the people's opinions that match yours, but doubt the ones that don't...

8. (look at answer 2)...to add to it: i'm not repeating what I've read, i'm going off what someone whose played the game said that I've talked with...the reason I say i think that part has to do with Kinect is cause it continues even if you get it wrong....it seems like executions were gonna be automatic, but that it was changed to qtes when they decided to make the switch to a non Kinect game...

...I haven't said you made shyt up, i'm repeating shyt from someone I've talked with that has played the game and what I've seen of the game (vids, trailers, not reviews)....just cause I and others don't agree with you doesn't mean we think you lying...that's another example of how you keep showing you have a problem with the opinion the game might just not be fun....cause you're really trying to say your opinion is right and others is wrong....we're stating opinions, not facts...

1. I have not tried to make any game look better or worse. That's what y'all keep hearing cause of some type of emotional attachment to the uncharted series. I never said uncharted shouldn't be considered good. You made that up

2. go back and read some reviews or what uncharted fans say about the game. It's always about the story the acting or the cinematics. Those are the reasons people like the game. Not cause it's gameplay.

3. No one in talking this shyt has played the game. Y'all just watched a video then started repeating each other.

6. That's fine. But I'm here talking about scores and why certain games get certain scores. If you want to talk about fun, go make your own thread.

7. Ask @winb83. Go read some reviews. No one talks about how great the gameplay in the uncharted series is, because it isn't that great.

8.:duck: there is no need to lie to get your point across. You have talked to no one that told you the executions feel like kinect. That is something you read about the game from someone who had not played the game 6 months before it came out :ufdup:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe this guy is really here saying Ryse is like uncharted... :wow:
Mods please close this thread it's embarrassing.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uncharted being compared to Ryse :pachaha:
You Xbox guys. Seriously? Man y'all are to much:pachaha: