Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Like I said the enjoyment from the game comes from the spectacle, not the mechanics.

And you call it ignorant, but it's the truth. If that cool ass set piece wasn't going on around you then the platforming would be seen for how shallow it is. ND did a great job hiding the shallow mechanics and limited gameplay behind the action movie paint, but if you take a step back and look at the actual gameplay mechanics, there is nothing special there. Other 3rd person games this gen have done shooting, platforming, and hand to hand, much better than uncharted.

Take away the cinematics, and Ryse is just another shytty hack & slash. Other 3rd person games this gen have done hand to hand combat much better.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:duck: Nobody has their ps3 not set to auto login
I never had my PS3 auto log me in :sitdown:
And my xbox 360 would log me in, but not online until I put in a password :manny:
I did that because one of my kids would play, then they using my profile during there games
A younger one might accidentally buy an arcade game
Plenty of reasons for people to not autolog in. But 3cepts see the world from there tunnel vision perspectives :wow:

Now my XB1? Not only does it autolog me in. But it doesn't make the mistake the other systems do.
Earlier today I let a friend play BF4. Then mid game he got tired of dying and passed me the sticks
Kinect instantly knew who I was, and I think it changed the controls scheme from default to my custom settings :blessed:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Take away the cinematics, and Ryse is just another shytty hack & slash. Other 3rd person games this gen have done hand to hand combat much better.

That's exactly what I'm saying here. And it's why I compared the games. They live and die of the cinematic experience, so it seems like fans of uncharted should enjoy Ryse.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Court you was bottom tier anyway so why are you talking... Me and "terribleness" ran Uncharted 2.
Platinumed all 3 to. :yeshrug:
Bruh, I started playing Uncharted 1 for the first time AFTER Uncharted 2 was out. I hoped on mulitplayer months later. You was already good. But your memory has failed you bruh. I got good, then I was the best player around for a while. When UC3 dropped, you was nowhere to be found bruh bruh :sitdown:
Me and Lardass1 held it down for the first month, he was more into Gears. I held the crown by my damn self.
Then I told the PS3 platform to go to hell since none of you guys was into Uncharted anymore.
Damn shame too :to:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's exactly what I'm saying here. And it's why I compared the games. They live and die of the cinematic experience, so it seems like fans of uncharted should enjoy Ryse.
Nope. Uncharted would still have gameplay that's fun. mp got the most out of my time.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Naw. I'm just telling the truth about the game. Outside of this thread, if someone asked you what the best part if the uncharted series was, the last thing you'd name is "platforming"

Y'all just in here trying to overhype stuff to defend the game. As I've said plenty of times it is a good game and deserving of praise, but the gameplay is not the strong suit of the game.

As I've also explained plenty of times, the strengths and weaknesses of the two games are very similar. I'm not saying Ryse is a better game or even as good as uncharted. I'm saying it should at leat get some consideration from the people that praised uncharted.
The gameplay in Uncharted 2 is very strong. I don't consider Halo repetitive despite shooting being the primary mechanic because the encounters are extremely varied and well thought out. I don't consider Uncharted for the same reasons. The Uncharted series is at it's best in open shootouts like the Ship in UC3. In these instances, you really get to see what the AI is made of. These open shootouts happened a lot more often in UC2 and thus was not repetitive in my opinion.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
iMYAdMT27HSpq.gif

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are nikkas really trying to say uncharted was nothing more than a lack luster game with good cinematic? Wow , this is ignore list status .
please feel free to neg meach, he has no reason being in the green after this