Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics were garbage. The shooting FEEDBACK was what was nice i.e. the enemy reactions. The actual shooting was a joke I mean, how can you take it serious where there's a fukking hardlock/softlock option in the MP?? How is that even up for debate?? The shooting feedback was unrivaled but mechanics is a different beast. Hell that slow-mo feature basically is damn near needed to beat the game.

The shooting mechanics in Max Payne are far better than those found in Uncharted. The fact that this is even being debated is laughable.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The shooting mechanics in Max Payne are far better than those found in Uncharted. The fact that this is even being debated is laughable.
I'm about to play Max Payne 3 right now as a matter of fact on PC. From what I played though the actual 'shooting' part of MP3 was annoying. Small reticule, aim acceleration that needed to be tweaked and hardly visible bullet tracers when shooting enemies from afar. Idk I'll try it out but I remember hating it.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do y'all even bother with this guy, his posts stink the place up with his constant Xbox cheer leading, dude had the nerve to call the Mario series stale and in the same breath wants to champion a brand of console that is known for 1 genre.
How do you do it? So oblivious to your own ignorance and stupidity.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Max Payne shooting was off it was bad enough I couldn't play 10 minutes of the multiplayer.
Stop the nonsense.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OP is pathetic. You're comparing two games that have nothing in common. All in a thinly veiled attempt to prop up a mediocre at best game while trying to tear down a classic franchise.

Ryse is mediocre as fukk, it will never have a sequel and nobody will be talking about in six weeks.
*fixed*

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
You calling ryse better than uncharted and tlou is Whats laughable.

In your eyes yes. But that's the beauty of opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. The difference between myself and you is that i've actually purchased and played the games in question. You have only played some of them.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
In your eyes yes. But that's the beauty of opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. The difference between myself and you is that i've actually purchased and played the games in question. You have only played some of them.
What a coincidence that your "opinion" always side with microsoft products.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I could find reviews that say the opposite and I could find reviews that say very positive things about Ryse. What does that prove:comeon:

This is like saying some scientists agree with Creationism. Truth isn't a popularity contest, but when the overwhelming concensus is saying one thing, who cares what a couple outliers say? You can find loons that all agree that the Earth is flat too. Who gives a shyt?

No there is not. You walk through hallways and jump over rocks without ever having any sense of challenge or achievement.
Those sections are few and far between. And none of them present any challenge or sense of acheivment, they are simply there to move you to the next gunfight/cutscene

This right here shows me you've either never played the UC games, or you didn't pay attention. "Jumping over rocks [...] is far and few between" is a PERFECT description of Ryse's gameplay, not Uncharted's. Go back and play UC2 or 3 and tell me that it's platforming is the same. YOU DO WAY MORE than climb over an occasional rock, and it's not just automatic. You can DIE doing some of the platform jumps and swings. Ryse on the other hand, yeah you might have to press a button to go over a wall, or destroy a booby trap, but those come down to a timed button press ... just like it's combat. Can't even believe I'm still having this conversation...

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is like saying some scientists agree with Creationism. Truth isn't a popularity contest, but when the overwhelming concensus is saying one thing, who cares what a couple outliers say? You can find loons that all agree that the Earth is flat too. Who gives a shyt?
Metacritic is filled with loons, but you have no problem accepting the scores at long as you agree with them.

This right here shows me you've either never played the UC games, or you didn't pay attention. "Jumping over rocks [...] is far and few between" is a PERFECT description of Ryse's gameplay. Go back and play UC2 or 3 and tell me that it's platforming is the same. YOU DO WAY MORE than climb over an occasional rock, and it's not just automatic. You can DIE doing some of the platform jumps and swings. Ryse on the other hand, yeah you might have to press a button to go over a wall, or destroy a booby trap, but those come down to a timed button press ... just like it's combat. Can't even believe I'm still having this conversation...

The platforming is not the same, but the effect of traversing the environment is. It's merely there to move the game along, there is no challenge/strategy to the jumping/climbing in uncharted. The fact that y'all keep trying to praise it as "platforming" shows me your bias.

Can't believe I'm still having this conversation.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't believe y'all still entertaining this nikka. I mean Meach cool story Ryse is on par with Uncharted in your eyes yay. Go play Ryse then. I mean if you beat it already then :yeshrug:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Metacritic is filled with loons, but you have no problem accepting the scores at long as you agree with them.

I don't know anything about metacritic. I just know the vast majority of people have a view that differs from yours. You seem to think it's unjustified, blaming it on some type of fanboy hype, and none of them actually examined the game. And what is your justification for this? Your difference of opinion. You can't fathom how someone else couldn't like a game, so obviously they're just riding the "shyt on Ryse" bandwagon, right? :stopitslime: Incredible.

The platforming is not the same, but the effect of traversing the environment is. It's merely there to move the game along, there is no challenge/strategy to the jumping/climbing in uncharted. The fact that y'all keep trying to praise it as "platforming" shows me your bias.

Can't believe I'm still having this conversation.

The irony of you accusing others of bias, but I digress.

But the platforming is essential to adding to what makes it a great game. It adds to the story, and creates a level of suspense and anticipation. Take out the platforming, and you just have fighting enemies, walking to another area, then fighting more enemies ... aka Ryse.

Watch this opening scene.... Ryse doesn't involve the player as well as UC in between combat. Sure, there's shyt blowing up around you and people fighting and whatnot .... but you're still simply walking through the chaos, as opposed to actively navigating through it. It's why one game is seen as repetitive, and the other is GOAT.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't know anything about metacritic. I just know the vast majority of people have a view that differs from yours. You seem to think it's unjustified, blaming it on some type of fanboy hype, and none of them actually examined the game. And what is your justification for this? Your difference of opinion. You can't fathom how someone else couldn't like a game, so obviously they're just riding the "shyt on Ryse" bandwagon, right? :stopitslime: Incredible.

The irony of you accusing others of bias, but I digress.

But the platforming is essential to adding to what makes it a great game. It adds to the story, and creates a level of suspense and anticipation. Take out the platforming, and you just have fighting enemies, walking to another area, then fighting more enemies ... aka Ryse.

Watch this opening scene.... Ryse doesn't involve the player as well as UC in between combat. Sure, there's shyt blowing up around you and people fighting and whatnot .... but you're still simply walking through the chaos, as opposed to actively navigating through it. It's why one game is seen as repetitive, and the other is GOAT.

:what: your not navigating through anything. Your pressing forward and watching the movie go on around you.