Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I cant co sign uncharted being repetitive. truly one of the best series to come out last gen and deserves all the praise It gets.

If ryse is just as good and got unfairly rated then thats another issue.

To be fair there were alot of games that got shytted on that I liked.

I thought silent hill homecoming was dope as fukk and way funner and scarier than the last two resident evil games but it got shytted on and no one else agrees.

Games are more than the sum of there parts and sometimes the way the game is presented goes a long way.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I cant co sign uncharted being repetitive. truly one of the best series to come out last gen and deserves all the praise It gets.

If ryse is just as good and got unfairly rated then thats another issue.

To be fair there were alot of games that got shytted on that I liked.

I thought silent hill homecoming was dope as fukk and way funner and scarier than the last two resident evil games but it got shytted on and no one else agrees.

Games are more than the sum of there parts and sometimes the way the game is presented goes a long way.

Sure, and I completely agree with you. I've had fun with games that got average to low scores. What I take issue with is certain posters trying to disparage key portions of critically acclaimed games, and trying to spark some kind of console war flamebait.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sure, and I completely agree with you. I've had fun with games that got average to low scores. What I take issue with is certain posters trying to disparage key portions of critically acclaimed games, and trying to spark some kind of console war flamebait.

Naw. I'm just telling the truth about the game. Outside of this thread, if someone asked you what the best part if the uncharted series was, the last thing you'd name is "platforming"

Y'all just in here trying to overhype stuff to defend the game. As I've said plenty of times it is a good game and deserving of praise, but the gameplay is not the strong suit of the game.

As I've also explained plenty of times, the strengths and weaknesses of the two games are very similar. I'm not saying Ryse is a better game or even as good as uncharted. I'm saying it should at leat get some consideration from the people that praised uncharted.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Actually you're pressing and or holding left, up, right, hitting "x" to jump, and so and so forth.
There is absolutely no challenge in that sequence. You don't have to judge your jumps, you don't have to time them. You don't have to decide which way is the best to go. You are basically on rails following along. shyt is like an interactive qte.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Naw. I'm just telling the truth about the game. Outside of this thread, if someone asked you what the best part if the uncharted series was, the last thing you'd name is "platforming"
Actually I would say the platforming. :ehh:

Theres alot of elements in uncharted that makes it feel more than just a tps.

Playing is like an experience, platforming is simple yet breathtaking, shyt really had me at the edge of the seat during alot of platforming parts, to simplify it down to just holding forward, jump over obstacles, and shoot at people is ignorant.

Uncharted is a well put together experience:blessed:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Playing is like an experience, platforming is simple yet breathtaking, shyt really had me at the edge of the seat during alot of platforming parts, to simplify it down to just holding forward, jump over obstacles, and shoot at people is ignorant.

This. He's ignoring the fact that ... sure, it's simple when you break it down, but it all comes together to make one amazing experience.

Trying to denigrate Uncharted to make Ryse seem better is asinine. Esp. since the latter has you LITERALLY doing little other than walking place to place. It doesn't matter that little thought or strategy is required to complete it. It's objectively better than Ryse's filler between cutscenes ... literally just moving forward. If you don't see how UC differs in that respect, then you are dense as fukk.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Like I said the enjoyment from the game comes from the spectacle, not the mechanics.

And you call it ignorant, but it's the truth. If that cool ass set piece wasn't going on around you then the platforming would be seen for how shallow it is. ND did a great job hiding the shallow mechanics and limited gameplay behind the action movie paint, but if you take a step back and look at the actual gameplay mechanics, there is nothing special there. Other 3rd person games this gen have done shooting, platforming, and hand to hand, much better than uncharted.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I said the enjoyment from the game comes from the spectacle, not the mechanics.

And you call it ignorant, but it's the truth. If that cool ass set piece wasn't going on around you then the platforming would be seen for how shallow it is. ND did a great job hiding the shallow mechanics and limited gameplay behind the action movie paint, but if you take a step back and look at the actual gameplay mechanics, there is nothing special there. Other 3rd person games this gen have done shooting, platforming, and hand to hand, much better than uncharted.
Still fighting the cause?