Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:dahell:

Platforming is a core gameplay mechanic to the series. But I'm done with this argument. You clearly haven't played through the games and just speaking lies trying make a X1 exclusive look better than it is by comparing and downplaying a classic PS exclusive.

Continue trolling
No it is not. There is no "platforming" in uncharted. You run and jump where they tell you to and you never have a chance of not making the right jump. It's basically on rails, and not comparable to other games that have true platforming

Have not spoken a lie about either game here

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Well I have. And I'm not the only one to have that opinion about the games. Even the fans in this thread said the gameplay wasnt the strong suit of the game.

There were plenty of 3rd person shooters last gen that were much better than uncharted from a gameplay standpoint.

Tomb raider
Max Payne
Watch Dogs
Kane and lynch
Gears of war

Even the gunplay in saints row, is better than uncharted.

No it is not. There is no "platforming" in uncharted. You run and jump where they tell you to and you never have a chance of not making the right jump. It's basically on rails, and not comparable to other games that have true platforming

What games do you consider platformers that don't tell you where to go?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
:comeon:

Can't comment on TR cause I haven't played it.

But Max Payne's gameplay isn't better, it doesn't have nearly the depth as UC and LMAO at Kane & Lynch. LOL at you listing a game that ain't even out too. :snoop:

You making yourself look worse just stop.

*edit- and the same thing goes for GOW. Not nearly as much depth in gameplay
please tell me you're trolling when you state depth and UC together when it comes to shooting :deadrose:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
please tell me you're trolling when you state depth and UC together when it comes to shooting :deadrose:
Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics were garbage. The shooting FEEDBACK was what was nice i.e. the enemy reactions. The actual shooting was a joke I mean, how can you take it serious where there's a fukking hardlock/softlock option in the MP?? How is that even up for debate?? The shooting feedback was unrivaled but mechanics is a different beast. Hell that slow-mo feature basically is damn near needed to beat the game.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille

Game Informer:
Platforming is Naughty Dog’s unquestioned strength, and Uncharted 2’s doesn’t disappoint. Nathan’s moveset remains largely unchanged, but Naughty Dog found ways to intensify the art of leaping. On one hand, the levels are better designed for vertical exploration; it’s not like Tomb Raider where you have to piece together the path. The platforming is still as linear as can be, but the challenges are now larger in scope, and often accompanied by some kind of unforeseen dilemma – be it falling ledges, moving gears, or dangerous explosions. The platforming and gunplay are seamlessly united, often overlapping when you least expect.

All you've done is lie in this thread. You have yet to make 1 valid point and I've disproved every lie you've told

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Max Payne 3's shooting mechanics were garbage. The shooting FEEDBACK was what was nice i.e. the enemy reactions. The actual shooting was a joke I mean, how can you take it serious where there's a fukking hardlock/softlock option in the MP?? How is that even up for debate?? The shooting feedback was unrivaled but mechanics is a different beast. Hell that slow-mo feature basically is damn near needed to beat the game.
i wouldn't know, i only played the max payne single wouldnt give a game like that multi a chance same with uncharted. both are tacked on.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille

I'm talking gameplay which is what Meach said these games did better. There's more to UC gameplay than shooting

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i wouldn't know, i only played the max payne single wouldnt give a game like that multi a chance same with uncharted. both are tacked on.
How can a game with a TDM, objectives playlist, coop arena, coop adventure, special lab playlist that's still being updated and other competitive playlists be "tacked on"?

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
How can a game with a TDM, objectives playlist, coop arena, coop adventure, special lab playlist that's still being updated and other competitive playlists be "tacked on"?
$$$$$ DLC isn't free boi

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$$$$$ DLC isn't free boi
:what:
There was literally two dlc map packs for UC2 and for UC3 ALL the DLC is free now. MP3 still requires you to pay for the DLC which is understandable but what does that have to do with the original point?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game Informer:
All you've done is lie in this thread. You have yet to make 1 valid point and I've disproved every lie you've told
:usure:

The platforming is still as linear as can be

The review you posted agrees with me. Linear and platforming shouldn't be in the same sentance, when you remove options, you remove challenge. Just because uncharted had a cool looking backdrop does not mean the platforming is good. The actual act of
Jumping on/over things is shallow as hell in uncharted.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
OP is pathetic. You're comparing two games that have nothing in common. All in a thinly veiled attempt to prop up a mediocre at best game while trying to tear down a classic franchise.

Ryse is mediocre as fukk, it will never have a sequel and nobody will be talking about in six months.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
:usure:

The review you posted agrees with me. Linear and platforming shouldn't be in the same sentance, when you remove options, you remove challenge. Just because uncharted had a cool looking backdrop does not mean the platforming is good. The actual act of
Jumping on/over things is shallow as hell in uncharted.

You going full retard in this thread.

Maybe you don't know what it means to platform in a game, i don't know. Just cause it's linear doesn't mean it's not platforming.

And the link doesn't agree with you they were praising UC2's platforming