Why does Ryse get hate for the same things the Uncharted series gets praised for?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Brehs there is already a 300 post thread by Meach using similar logic with Wii U lineup. This thread is the same bullshyt but from a different angle.

• Mario 3D did not completely change it's gameplay thus Mario = Forza
  • Uncharted has great graphics and cinematic sequences thus Uncharted = Ryse
But you brehs keep indulging him and going in circles.

Stay tuned next week for Last of Us = Dead Rising :snoop:.

Misrepresent statements and fight against strawmen brehs:heh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
He new this thread could last because he had the trump card of no one wanting to play that garbage ass Ryse game. So he can always just fall back on asking others if they have actually played it to have an opinion.

well that's the fault of whoever falls into that trap

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
well that's the fault of whoever falls into that trap

There is no trap. This is honestly what I thought about while playing through Ryse.

People here are just incapable of having an intricate conversation here. Everything is black or white, good or bad, right or wrong. Very few people even tried to address the OP. it was all

"Uncharted is goat, Ryse is trash :umad:"

or they just attacked me.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Misrepresent statements and fight against strawmen brehs:heh:

But what is your point breh? That there's some type of gaming conspiracy to keep particular games unpopular because... because why? For what purpose? You seriously think, instead of objectively playing the game, the overwhelming majority of reviewers simply repeated a meme that Ryse is repetitive and boring? Why do you even care so much to read all these reviews breh? If you enjoy the game, cool. Keep playing and shut the fukk up. You're not going to argue Ryse into being fun for everybody. You're not going to argue it into being as critically acclaimed as previous GOTYs. When the real A++ games come out this-gen, you probably won't even think to list Ryse on your favorite games. Brehs are still talking about the awesomeness that was Uncharted. So just stop it.

Edit* And people HAVE addressed your OP by pointing out your flawed premise. Just because a game is a TPS, and most of what you do is shoot from the third person perspective, doesn't make it repetitive. And obviously, if your premise is wrong, then it's likely that any conclusion drawn in your argument is also wrong.

Last edited:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Brehs there is already a 300 post thread by Meach using similar logic with Wii U lineup. This thread is the same bullshyt but from a different angle.

• Mario 3D did not completely change it's gameplay thus Mario = Forza
  • Uncharted has great graphics and cinematic sequences thus Uncharted = Ryse
But you brehs keep indulging him and going in circles.

Stay tuned next week for Last of Us = Dead Rising :snoop:.

:dead:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
There is no trap. This is honestly what I thought about while playing through Ryse.

People here are just incapable of having an intricate conversation here. Everything is black or white, good or bad, right or wrong. Very few people even tried to address the OP. it was all

it's a trap[/ackbar] in that people shouldn't be speaking in depth on a game they haven't played. but you saying something about their sacred cow makes it so they can't resist. people could have said "I haven't played Ryse, but I really enjoyed UC...", but for some reason we haven't seen much of that

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

If we exclude Rye's repetitive gameplay, what other facets does it excel in? And be descriptive...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But what is your point breh? That there's some type of gaming conspiracy to keep particular games unpopular because... because why? For what purpose? You seriously think, instead of objectively playing the game, the overwhelming majority of reviewers simply repeated a meme that Ryse is repetitive and boring?
My point is the reviewers are susceptible to the same hype and emotional attachment when reviewing games as any forum fanboy warrior. Review scores have more to do with emotions and expectations than the technical merits of each individual game.

Why do you even care so much to read all these reviews breh? If you enjoy the game, cool. Keep playing and shut the fukk up. You're not going to argue Ryse into being fun for everybody. You're not going to argue it into being as critically acclaimed as previous GOTYs. When the real A++ games come out this-gen, you probably won't even think to list Ryse on your favorite games. Brehs are still talking about the awesomeness that was Uncharted. So just stop it.
I read reviews just like anyone else

And i never tried to do any of this, this is your story you made up because you wants to feverishly defend uncharted.

Edit* And people HAVE addressed your OP by pointing out your flawed premise. Just because a game is a TPS, and most of what you do is shoot from the third person perspective, doesn't make it repetitive. And obviously, if your premise is wrong, then it's likely that any conclusion drawn in your argument is also wrong.
:usure:
Just because a game is 3rd person and most of what you do is stab people doesn't make a game repetitive.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
2. go back and read some reviews or what uncharted fans say about the game. It's always about the story the acting or the cinematics. Those are the reasons people like the game. Not cause it's gameplay.

:ufdup:

Uncharted is praised for both

Eurogamer
The way Uncharted 2 unites its platform and action sequences is often its greatest strength,

Game Informer
The gunplay is most improved, now offering smooth targeting, weapons that kick, and credible targets that don’t fidget like they have full bladders. On top of this, diversity in the enemy types adds dimensions to battles. An armored trooper may send you to a vertical space to use heavy machinery, whereas a squadron of light troops may be best tackled through stealthy neck snaps. Moreover, the weapon selection is much more satisfying, and assigning grenades to a specific button removes any chance of players tussling with the weapon selection wheel more than the enemies. The battles end up delivering a satisfying blend of pop-and-shoot and run-and-gun tactics.

Giant Bomb
On a more basic mechanical level, I should note it's actually a ton of fun to shoot at and punch people in this game, in contrast to the first game where the shooting sometimes felt laborious and the melee combat was awkward. The shooting has been tightened up considerably in the sequel, with more and better guns, some much-needed changes to the grenade-throwing, and enemies that don't soak up a dozen bullets before they finally go down. The melee combat has been made simultaneously easier to handle and flashier--Drake has a huge number of hand-to-hand ways to take down enemies--and sneaking around to take out enemies stealthily is actually a viable option in a number of scenarios. Rather than an obstacle to unfolding the story, Uncharted 2's combat is a highlight of the game.

IGN
It's very, very good. It's easily one of the best games on the system, blending fantastic presentation and visuals with gameplay that is practically second to none.

I could go on.

I don't think you have played through any of the Uncharted's