Why does Japan not have a housing crisis like in America?

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
isnt japan's population actually shrinking so there's an abundance of houses for the taking...:jbhmm:
keep it on the hush breh. we bout to run up in there once they die out.. eating kakigori on the side of an old tatami hut while them boys knock it all over to build a bachelor pad. :wow:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Compare cities to country ?!?:skip: :skip: :skip:

Let's meet in the middle and compare the state of California to Japan.

Japan is the same size as California in terms of land area but it still has three times the population of California.

All these complaints around the clock about housing yet people don't do anything to fix their situation. Either shut the fukk up or do something about it. :manny: Its really that simple.

There is no housing crisis, nikkas just wanna live with the joneses in a poppin city.

It cost to be the boss. Get ya money up or get out.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
The density of people took me a minute to get used to and I’m from NYC. Lived in the P’s , burbs and everything in between.

These ppl just utilize every bit of space they can. Sure outside of let’s say Nara, you’ll see old style buildings and land , you’ll also see rice paddies and construction sites like a mother.

Kansai is the friendliest place I’ve been besides Goldsboro NC. I exchanged mad money and the people here kept me so fed and drunk that I don’t have a need to use it.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Yeah pretty much. Altough you don't need to argue with the police over here, since they actually do their job properly. Only an American would mention that like it's a human right or something. :dead:
Bruh I know of a navy sailor that got into some trouble. NCIS about got him off and was about to take him back to his ship. They were walking him to the van to take him back and he popped off about f the police. Singaporean police was like nope he's coming with us. Bruh spent significant time in a Singaporean jail. Hell you can get arrested for cursing around a female in public. They are super strict. I got a few stories.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hell you can get arrested for cursing around a female in public. They are super strict. I got a few stories.

I've been here for 10 years and have never had any issue with the police; hell, I barely ever even see them. Like I can legit go months on end not seeing the police anywhere in this country.

Daps
Housing should also be 100% percent controlled by the government minus wealthy areas I guess. But if you work at 75K job a studio apartment shouldn’t be the only thing you can qualify for
I agree low income, housing for creatives, and single family homes should not be investment vehicles but See Stockholm for what happens when the government controls supply of housing. 18-21 year waitlist - people sign their kids up for an apartment right when their born.

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I've been here for 10 years and have never had any issue with the police; hell, I barely ever even see them. Like I can legit go months on end not seeing the police anywhere in this country.
If you live there, you know better than I do. I saw police all the time in the two weeks I was there. But I was off orchard road. So maybe that had something to do with it

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Lots of BS here. Once you get outside of the popular areas Japan is pretty run down.
Sounds like every city in America:pachaha:

Japanese are small people tho so they can fit into those lil 100sq ft apartments and shyt that YIMBY shyt would never work over here:dame:

Last edited:

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
Despite the fact a lot of people claim to be good people, a lot of people actually need to see others suffer to feel successful.

Doesn't matter if they already have more than them, they need to see them as low as possible.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's much easier for a country like Singapore - it's brand new, it's tiny, the government has a huge amount of control over its populace, its borders and can do whatever it likes. You can't compare it to a country like America.
All I'm saying breh, if leadership can act right housing would be much much better.

Other countries have already shown it doesn't have to be the absolute shytshow it is right now.

I own two houses: one in LA and another in San Diego for what it's worth.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I'm saying breh, if leadership can act right housing would be much much better.

Other countries have already shown it doesn't have to be the absolute shytshow it is right now.

I own two houses: one in LA and another in San Diego for what it's worth.

Oh politicians definitely can do better - I just dislike these one for one comparisons. Places like Singapore and Northern Europe are unique for a variety of reasons.