Why does Japan not have a housing crisis like in America?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Is Japan not a country?
A matter of fact I'm done with this stupid conversation

My point is you should compare cities to Japan, not the entire country. When you have empty Montana and Wyoming, that skews the numbers

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
It can't be that much more dense. People are living on top of each other in New York, LA, etc
People live on top of each other in small cities out there in Japan, to put it in context, imagine a city like Orlando, or savannah, and pack it to the brim with apartments, condos, and houses and retail space, for miles and miles on end, with alleyways constantly going in every direction. It was so incredibly packed in the areas around Tokyo I was in. Iā€™ve never seen so much housing, like if you ever visit you will literally be overwhelmed by the amount of housing they have.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
My point is you should compare cities to Japan, not the entire country. When you have empty Montana and Wyoming, that skews the numbers

Compare cities to country ?!?:skip: :skip: :skip:

Let's meet in the middle and compare the state of California to Japan.

Japan is the same size as California in terms of land area but it still has three times the population of California.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Japan is the same country with people living in Internet cafes and pod hotels too
Between stuff like that and people living in 100sq ft apartments they are way more resilient in terms of finding alternative housing

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Singapore as well. They made it work for a heterogenous population mixed with different ethnicities and religions as well.

There is actually a quota to make sure they're being diverse that they honor
It's basically ran mathematically like a CPU and you see how efficient your CPU runs.
Singapore's current PM is a Computer Scientist and actually has a pretty well-known solution to a hard problem Leetcoders are familiar with.
Those are the brains they elect - the guy has been re-elected for nearly 20 years.

The result? Anybody who claims Singapore as a home basically has a home.

In contrast:

We keep voting in shyt leadership.
Can't get good leadership in for a long time without voting against our own interest.
Our "good" leadership lets crap in to stifle everything.

Bottom line:
Our leadership sold us out. This is a problem at the very top.

These people fukking suck compared to who runs other countries:

The big question:

How come a country can get 60+ years of consistently terrific leadership and we can't get 5?

It's much easier for a country like Singapore - it's brand new, it's tiny, the government has a huge amount of control over its populace, its borders and can do whatever it likes. You can't compare it to a country like America.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lots of BS here. Once you get outside of the popular areas Japan is pretty run down. I see tons of WW2 era buildings and houses. I was surprised how old and run down Fussa, Japan looked.

Singapore? Lol y'all ain't ever been there I can tell. Your lives are tightly controlled. There is ZERO arguing with police. Owning a car? Lol housing? I believe it's mostly lease hold so you just own the lease. It's mostly built by the govt and it's only 5.5 mil people. Singapore is expensive as hell as well as super small. Very safe, cool to visit for a bit.

Yeah pretty much. Altough you don't need to argue with the police over here, since they actually do their job properly. Only an American would mention that like it's a human right or something. :dead:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Some of them nikkas damn near live in shoe boxes. Plus they would never let China come in and buy it all up.
This right here. Alot of apartment buildings are basically laid out as you get a room......Das it. That room serves as every room. They have some of that weird pod housing too.......

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
It can't be that much more dense. People are living on top of each other in New York, LA, etc
It is that much more dense.......many many times more dense.......I have seen it and still don't comprehend it.........almost like when they show the favelas in Brazil but not fukked up bombed out and depleted..........like real functioning planned neighborhoods, but the same density