Why does DC keep trying to push Cyborg???

Is Cyborg the worst black comic book character of all time?

• Total voters

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Wrong, prior to black panther movie, Marvel shytted on black characters.

DC still has more diverse black characters than Marvel, this is not up for debate.

MArvel is getting shine because of the Black Panther flick and the Mile Morales character.
:sadbagmj:

*waits for response so i can get biz.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
:sadbagmj:

*waits for response so i can get biz.
:russell: We had this debate before:

Those hoes get more recognition and stories and panel time then Storm, I shyt you not. Why? Because she's flat. She has no interesting stories outside clarimonts run. The marriage made her top tier but was grossly mishandled and make her damaged.

but Ill post it again

Black Manta - own character
Vixen - own. Character
Blsck racer - own character
Ststic - own character, own universe
Amanda Waller - own character
Cyborg - not a legacy character, not s sidekick and is his own character who is getting his own movie

Warmachine - ironman sidepiece
Morales - legacy character
Falcon - side kick but own character who is soo fukking lame :scust:
Storm - own character but horribly mishandled and quite frankly damaged
Black panther - own character but horribly mishandled
Blade - mishandled but own character

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
Black racer - own character

Two points:

1. Black Racer is barely a character; he's more of a plot device who just happens to be black.
2. I don't think he can even be considered his "own" character, as he's a ripoff of the Silver Surfer; an instance of self-plagarization by Kirby.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Two points:

1. Black Racer is barely a character; he's more of a plot device who just happens to be black.
2. I don't think he can even be considered his "own" character, as he's a ripoff of the Silver Surfer; an instance of self-plagarization by Kirby.
Well by that logic, Marvel's Death, Living Tribunal, Eternity, Chaos, Master Order, and all other cosmic entities are plot devices.

And if he's not his own character which is a rip off of a marvel character than Thanos really isn't his own character since he was ripped from Darkseid. We can go down this road, if you want too. :sas1:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

but Ill post it again

Vixen - own. Character
Cyborg - not a legacy character, not s sidekick and is his own character who is getting his own movie

I am only chiming in to ask why you mentioned a minor character like Black Racer and left off Black Lightning? BL would go a lot further to helping your point than Black Racer ever could.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
Well by that logic, Marvel's Death, Living Tribunal, Eternity, Chaos, Master Order, and all other cosmic entities are plot devices.

Well, yeah!
And if he's not his own character which is a rip off of a marvel character than Thanos really isn't his own character since he was ripped from Darkseid. We can go down this road, if you want too. :sas1:

I think the thing that makes a character his "own" is a distinguishable personality. I mean, to use your example, Thanos owes a lot to Darkseid, but he grew into his own character. I would argue that he even surpassed his inspiration.

Black Racer's lack of a personality--any personality--forever marks him as a plot device and a shallow rip-off.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

but Ill post it again

Vixen - own. Character

Lol you can't be serious here

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I am only chiming in to ask why you mentioned a minor character like Black Racer and left off Black Lightning? BL would go a lot further to helping your point than Black Racer ever could.
Because Im trying to get around the black person with lightening powers trope (Static, Storm, black lightening/vulcan)

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Well, yeah!

I think the thing that makes a character his "own" is a distinguishable personality. I mean, to use your example, Thanos owes a lot to Darkseid, but he grew into his own character. I would argue that he even surpassed his inspiration.

Black Racer's lack of a personality--any personality--forever marks him as a plot device and a shallow rip-off.
Black Racer really haven't had a chance to branch off to his own character like lets say Spectre. If given the chance, any character could be his own character despite being an initial rip-off from the other company. Thanos eventually became more than a cheesy Darkseid ripoff. If DC put some heart into it, he could be DC's Adam Warlock.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Wrong, prior to black panther movie, Marvel shytted on black characters.

DC still has more diverse black characters than Marvel, this is not up for debate.

MArvel is getting shine because of the Black Panther flick and the Mile Morales character.

how many black led and majority black teams has dc had?

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
how many black led and majority black teams has dc had?
There's Steel for one. Cyborg is still getting his own movie.

Dont try to make it seem like Marvel is all for it's black characters, both companies were shytting on it's black characters, but DC did make an effort to not have it's black characters sidekicks or legacy characters.