Why does Alien 3 get so much hate?

What's your favorite Alien movie after 1 and 2?

• Alien 3

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Prometheus

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
the monks building a wooden planet story sounds like a more interesting plot honestly

Last edited:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
took me years to like kinda alien 3 because most people were still high on Aliens........

Alien 3 had some nice moments ,, Charles S. Dutton had his moment,,,,,,,A3 was still kinda creepy because the alien was dog liked and fast as fuvk

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Watched it the other day and on the real, the movie was all over the place. It was a interesting take on the Alien series given David Fincher was the director, but the whole premise felt flat.

• The crew dying in a spaceship with ole girl surviving, but WHY
  • Monks and etc, WHY
  • Movie was too much of a slow burn and honestly felt confusing at times
It's like the epitome of a Canibus album. You have all of this deep thoughtful shyt, but why should I even care when originally I just wanted to be entertained with a twang of Science fiction philosophy.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
The Assembly Cut of Alien 3 is good

And Charles Dutton as Dillon was fantastic, I don't give a shyt what anybody says he knocked it outta the park. The movie gets major points from me just for his performance alone

Now I get why people hated it when it 1st came out tho. Newt & Hicks were dead and the movie is very nihilistic and depressing. But I think The Assembly Cut is a good watch

Studio interference really fukked David Fincher's original vision up so I get why he disowned the movie

And overall its waaaaay better than Alien Resurrection:scust:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I don’t see people hating on Alien 3, just Resurrection which I understand. In fact, Resurrection only makes more sense now to me now that they’ve expanded the lore with the other movies, now it seems to make sense what was going on overall. When Resurrection came out, I just didn’t really understand the whole concept and it seemed like they were just trying to extend the series with a weak story.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The Assembly Cut of Alien 3 is good

And Charles Dutton as Dillon was fantastic, I don't give a shyt what anybody says he knocked it outta the park. The movie gets major points from me just for his performance alone

Now I get why people hated it when it 1st came out tho. Newt & Hicks were dead and the movie is very nihilistic and depressing. But I think The Assembly Cut is a good watch

Studio interference really fukked David Fincher's original vision up so I get why he disowned the movie

And overall its waaaaay better than Alien Resurrection:scust:

Yeah Dutton killed that role. Probably the best part of that movie besides Flincher's trademark scenery and camera work.

If you look beyond the series, the movie itself is a amazing art house sci Fi flick.

As a Aliens movie however :francis: