Why does Alien 3 get so much hate?

What's your favorite Alien movie after 1 and 2?

• Alien 3

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Prometheus

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

parallax

Superstar
Daps
all three movie are equal to me

• Alien 3
  • Alien Resurrection
  • Prometheus

I can feel this, but I would have to give resurrection a higher position off the strength that I expected more from the other two. Resurrection wasn't terrible, but it doesn't feel like an alien movie, more like an episode of Buffy with all it's quirky characters and sigourney weaver as Ellen Ripleys edgier younger sister like she's doing her best Eliza dushku impersonation.

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Sigourney and Charles Dance had genuinely great performances. Close to the best from either. The movie itself is badly paced and has too little Alien until the end.

I think if you watch it without any knowledge or expectations of the series its an above average film.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Imagine at thw time having a direct sequel with Hicks. Injured still but fighting Aliens. Ripley, now war tested and who killed a Queen, ready for more war with newt now learning to be a warrior.

But no we got bald headed English men running through tunnels.

What could have been.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Chris Nolan apparently likes it. I know Fincher doesn't like discussing the film, but it's been thirty years, and he's achieved so much success since then, I'd like to hear more from him about that movie someday.