Why does Alien 3 get so much hate?

What's your favorite Alien movie after 1 and 2?

• Alien 3

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Alien Resurrection

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Prometheus

Votes: 19 45.2%

• Total voters

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:blessed:Movie was a fitting end to the trilogy.

Ripley doing what she had to do to make sure the company didn't get it's hands on the Alien. :mjcry:

:takedat:Killing off boring ass Newt and campy hero Hicks made way for the best new character in the trilogy.

giphy.gif

:banderas:Pastor Dillan gave no fukks once the Alien got loose.

Using Ripley as bait to catch the Alien.:ohlawd:
tumblr_mnn9h7Ccmm1rne776o2_r1_500.gif

:yeshrug:I don't see what was so bad about it minus a few crappy effects.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Wasn't that good tbh. It was just aiight
I thought it was great. I read the idea that they had for the planet in Alien 3, and even though they didn't make the movie they originally planned to make, the setting was still pretty amazing and set a haunting tone. It brought back the vibe that made Alien so good. I thought Aliens was more of a blockbuster sequel. Alien 3 brought it back to the darker isolated setting that the first one had.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Ripley sacrifices herself for the greater good. How is that not a fitting ending. Alien was never a happily ever after movie. Aliens tried that happy ending shyt and then Alien 3 stepped in to fix that campy ass ending for the real deal ending.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Ripley sacrifices herself for the greater good. How is that not a fitting ending. Alien was never a happily ever after movie. Aliens tried that happy ending shyt and then Alien 3 stepped in to fix that campy ass ending for the real deal ending.
It feels like a logical conclusion tbh Weyland Corp. is the true villain in the Alien franchise they are involved in someway with the fukkery that happens in these movies.

Daps
I heard too much studio interference on the young David Fincher fukked everything up basically and it wasn't a fitting conclusion to the excellent first two movies for most fans/ moviegoers. I actually haven't seen the whole thing in full.

Yup. They made him change a great deal of the story and slashed the film budget. Fincher has always said he hates the movie, and thought it would destroy his career at the time.

Daps
It just wasn't a good movie overall. For me it wasn't even the death of Hicks and Newt. I actually didn't mind that they died, and it set a dark tone over the rest of the film. The only parts of the movie I liked though were the opening scene and the closing scene with Ripley's sacrifice. Everything else in between was just filler. :russell: