Why Do You Think The Beatles Legacy Has Endured But Elvis’ Has Waned?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Elvis was the original Eminem. Simply a ok/average singer who only got to the top because he copied Black artists and appealed to racist suburban/ country cacs.
Eminem was not average in his craft.
Elvis always gave credit to black artists and acknowledged that his sound and music was inspired by us.

With that being said, I don't feel the Beatles get more love than him. I think it's what and what :yeshrug:
:usure:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tbh, I don't hear anybody discussing Elvis or the Beatles that often :ld:
Not now because young people at this point aren't reaching back to the 60s let alone 50s. 20 years ago the Beatles were/are absolutely more revered than Elvis when spoken in, not in direct competition but the energy around them is that they basically the best thing to happen to popular music.

Daps
Not now because young people at this point aren't reaching back to the 60s let alone 50s. 20 years ago the Beatles were/are absolutely more revered than Elvis when spoken in, not in direct competition but the energy around them is that they basically the best thing to happen to popular music.

So basically you're proving my point, since we're talking about the here and the now, and in the here and the now, neither the Beatles legacy or Elvis' legacy is doing too great with the current generation. Nobody is talking about either party in popular culture.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So basically you're proving my point, since we're talking about the here and the now, and in the here and the now, neither the Beatles legacy or Elvis' legacy is doing too great with the current generation. Nobody is talking about either party in popular culture.
I'm not proving your point.

A 20 year old isn't going to talk about them. For those who will, Elvis is not as revered as the Beatles.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
:mjlol:
Come on, that is what you gauge in creating "modern music" little richard and them man then are gods man. The phrasing of that sentence was and will always be wrong.
Listen to music in the early 60's regardless of genre. It's not that polished in album form. Beatles literally popularized the album as an actual format and production to match.

Early 60's James Brown.

Early 60's Bob Dylan.

Del Shannon - Runaway.

Muddy Waters - Just A Dream

All good shyt. Focus on how the way the music sounds. But the way the album sounds is less full. Less complete, more muffled. Some parts of the mix sound too loud, some parts too quiet. Some of the voices aren't as mixed as well as the musicians. The mics aren't that good and the production isn't pristine.

Now listen to The Beatles and their production. Focus on how it sounds. It's polished like a pearl, it sounds perfect.

The music sounds three dimensional, as if they're in the room with you.

You can see their techniques impact other creators and artists in terms of how they made albums, how their sound was produced. They created the concept album, sampling, made their albums sound like a full orchestra.

Listen to that James Brown 60's Think. Now listen to James Brown 70's Think which was made like ten years later and compare how it sounds.

Beatles started that. Before The Beatles a lot of music was focused exclusively on touring and live concerts. Beatles hated touring because they couldn't even be heard when playing because of the sheer screaming. So they doubled back and focused on albums instead of live recordings. This made their production quality on albums skyrocket and their popularity afforded them to push and do things others weren't doing.

Listen to those songs I posted then listen to this Beatles song.

Last edited:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Don’t turn this into some dumb shyt, for all artists using modern recording practices. They invented sampling for Christ sake.

you know how in FL or any DAW you set everything to different tracks and edit and piece things from there? That’s multitrack recording, the Beatles popularized that
Actually, Les Paul pioneered all that...

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Listen to music in the early 60's regardless of genre. It's not that polished in album form. Beatles literally popularized the album as an actual format and production to match.

Early 60's James Brown.

Early 60's Bob Dylan.

Del Shannon - Runaway.

Aretha Franklin - Respect

All good shyt. Focus on how the way the music sounds. But the way the album sounds is less full. Less complete, more muffled.

Now listen to The Beatles and their production. Focus on how it sounds.

You can see their techniques impact other creators and artists in terms of how they made albums, how their sound was produced. They created the concept album, sampling, made their albums sound like a full orchestra.

Listen to that James Brown 60's Think. Now listen to James Brown 70's Think which was made like ten years later and compare how it sounds.

Beatles started that. Before The Beatles a lot of music was focused exclusively on touring and live concerts. Beatles hated touring because they couldn't even be heard when playing because of the sheer screaming. So they doubled back and focused on albums instead of live recordings. This made their production quality on albums skyrocket and their popularity afforded them to push and do things others weren't doing.

This is what I'm saying, the trajectory of many of the genres we enjoy today doesn't change much without the beatles, they were not the genesis of any specific genre, but beneficiaries of genres that existed + their ingenuity. Rock and roll existed prior to them, so did the blues, jazz soul, funk, its better you say they changed how music was recorded but invented modern music? Come on you can't defend that statement. Its like saying Dr. Dre invented hip hop because he changed how hip hop albums were produced in terms of interpolations and live instrumentation. Its disgusting and disrespectful.

Daps
My guy the Beatles are more revered than Elvis. You're being contrarion at this point. And I've revealed myself on here so stop with the MJ bullshìt.

This the last original response.

I'm not being contrarian. I'm making a point. Nobody is widely talking about Elvis OR the Beatles in current pop culture. They come up here and there, but not often. Our generation don't care about the Beatles and we don't care about Elvis.

I'm saying that neither of their legacies are enduring too well right about now.

Now compare them with someone like Michael Jackson, whose legacy is burning bright, and one could argue that his legacy is doing better in death than he did during the last decade of his life. Folks are ALWAYS talking about MJ.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm not being contrarian. I'm making a point. Nobody is widely talking about Elvis OR the Beatles in current pop culture. They come up here and there, but not often. Our generation don't care about the Beatles and we don't care about Elvis.

I'm saying that neither of their legacies are enduring too well right about now.

Now compare them with someone like Michael Jackson, whose legacy is burning bright, and one could argue that his legacy is doing better in death than he did during the last decade of his life. Folks are ALWAYS talking about MJ.
My guy the Beatles are more revered than Elvis. You're being contrarion at this point. And I've revealed myself on here so stop with the MJ bullshìt.

This the last original response.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps

Early 60's James Brown.

Early 60's Bob Dylan.

Del Shannon - Runaway.

All good shyt. Focus on how the way the music sounds. But the way the album sounds is less full. Less complete, more muffled.

Now listen to The Beatles and their production. Focus on how it sounds.

A bit unfair, as you use modern re-mastered versions of the Beatles songs.

Daps
Just seems like The Beatles never stopped getting love and nobody is tryin to hear about no hunk of hunk of burning love :francis:
The Beatles are actually artists who came up with their own shyt where Elvis just stole shyt from other people. That's why

The Beatles influence can be heard in damn near every piece of music released to this day