Why Do You Think The Beatles Legacy Has Endured But Elvis’ Has Waned?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
The Elvis slander in this thread. :picard: Was he a weirdo groomer that copied superior Black artists? Yep. Are we gonna deny my mans had pipes? Nah nah we not doing that.

The ironic part is that Elvis on multiple occasions said he got a large part of his swag and influence from the African American artists/people he grew up around/listened to. But the white majority would just ignore it and claim he "created rock" and all that :francis: . This song is also a blassic.

People run with the slander cause of the Chuck D bar but Elvis always gave credit.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Paul and John had no super great single on that album.
I've Want You(She's so Heavy)
Golden Slumbers
You Never Give Me Your Money
Abbey Road Medley is largely Paul although George contributed heavily with Here Comes The Sun

Watch Beatles Get Back and you'll see how much Paul carried them on his back.
:ufdup:

Elvis represents the Silent Generation, while the Beatles represents Boomers. Elvis is more likely to grouped in with artists like Little Richard and Fats Domino, while the Beatles get grouped in with acts like the Rolling Stones and the Who.
The Beatles were Silents.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
It would have been interesting to see how Elvis would have done if he wasn't in the Military; that's how he started using drugs. I bet he would have gotten rid of Col. Parker, who was actually a Dutch guy named Andreas Cornelis van Kuijk :laff: who only got the Col. title because he helped Jimmie Davis get elected.

But going back to Elvis, he was only a Charismatic singer, but he was more a Live Show singer that really didn't take risks.

The Beatles were at first Teeny-Boppers, but hated performing live as the girls were screaming too loud they couldn't hear themselves playing. So they stopped doing live shows, and just focused experimenting with albums; it's also where you started to see how each Beatle began to show their true selves; Paul was focusing on Pop Music; John was focusing on Protesting, Avant Garde because of Yoko; George was beginning to find himself as a song writer and want more songs on the albums, along with getting into Indian Music, hell he had the best selling album as a Solo Artist still.

So TL:DR... Elvis was a drugged up singer who was best live... while the Beatles were musicians that wanted to shed their wholesome image and try new things, which ended up introducing and influencing others.

Daps
Reppin
prosper any where on earth
Golden Slumbers
You Never Give Me Your Money
Abbey Road Medley is largely Paul although George contributed heavily with Here Comes The Sun

Watch Beatles Get Back and you'll see how much Paul carried them on his back.
:ufdup:

The Beatles were Silents.

Golden Slumbers
You Never Give Me Your Mone
y

yeah them songs are tough but George songs has the most plays currently on that album

his contribution saved them from being average because john and paul was freezing cold

plus George guitar playing was fukking great on all them songs

he stepped up and kind of leaped ahead of them on playing guitar

Let it be was a cash grab. They had it shelved because, they kept fighting with each other.
which is why they made abby road. That shyt is really in the wrong order!

Let it be then abby road not the other way.

and that peter jackson movie is a fukking rewrite of history

Paul McCartney is apart of the revision gang for the beatles, which is why we had that wack ass AI john lennon demo see light
that George wasn't fukking with that.

George even said that was some BS lennon wrote to pass time.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Beatles inspired a generation of songwriters. Lennon-McCarthy are probably the best duo songwriters in the 20th century. They literally changed rock and roll. Still super influential to so many musicians. INSANE catalogue full of classics in such a short period of time.

Elvis can’t hold a candle.