Why Do You Think The Beatles Legacy Has Endured But Elvis’ Has Waned?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
It's a matter of generation. People who really lived and loved Elvis are dead. beetles sans are still alive and making some noise.

Elvis came out early 50’s Beatles was mid 60’s … no color TV, no Woodstock, establishing society after WW2 not trusting overseas shyt… that 10 year start difference is big… also members of Beatles are still alive and or lived into the 2000’s… Elvis expired in the mid 70’s…he came up during black and white TV and died 20 years after his first hit… not a long run way
Yep.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Listen to music before The Beatles, then listen to music after The Beatles. That's why. Say what you want about them, but The Beatles practically created modern music. It's like how The Simpsons influenced modern humor. Watch The Simpsons in its golden years and you'll see just how far ahead of the curb it was compared to other TV comedies of its time.
@IllmaticDelta

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
If I had no other choice, I'd rather go to an Elvis concert than a Beattles's one :yeshrug:

Listen to music before The Beatles, then listen to music after The Beatles. That's why. Say what you want about them, but The Beatles practically created modern music. It's like how The Simpsons influenced modern humor. Watch The Simpsons in its golden years and you'll see just how far ahead of the curb it was compared to other TV comedies of its time.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

:mjtf:
Modern music for whom?
The Motown era created modern music.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
The Elvis slander in this thread. :picard: Was he a weirdo groomer that copied superior Black artists? Yep. Are we gonna deny my mans had pipes? Nah nah we not doing that.

The only version of Elvis I fukk with is the drug addled/sequined jumpsuit era where he wasn't needed to be a conduit to cash in on Black soul for racist white audiences. I'd even go as to so far to say than when he was sober (enough) some of his best work came from the Vegas era.​

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Col Tom sabatoged his career; after he made Elvis join the Army he had him purposely do safe, commercial music and generic movies, while the Beatles were exploring and expanding their sound

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
:mjtf:
Modern music for whom?
Don’t turn this into some dumb shyt, for all artists using modern recording practices. They invented sampling for Christ sake.

you know how in FL or any DAW you set everything to different tracks and edit and piece things from there? That’s multitrack recording, the Beatles popularized that

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Don’t turn this into some dumb shyt, for all artists using modern recording practices. They invented sampling for Christ sake.

you know how in FL or any DAW you set everything to different tracks and edit and piece things from there? That’s multitrack recording, the Beatles popularized that
:mjlol:
Come on, that is what you gauge in creating "modern music" little richard and them man then are gods man. The phrasing of that sentence was and will always be wrong.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Elvis represents the Silent Generation, while the Beatles represents Boomers. Elvis is more likely to grouped in with artists like Little Richard and Fats Domino, while the Beatles get grouped in with acts like the Rolling Stones and the Who.