Why Do We Have A Contingent In Our Community Who Don't Believe They're African

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
We can't just claim Africa be for real now. Not even Africans just claim Africa they claim their country and even then some put their tribe before their country.

No doubt we are of african ancestry but I am black American, that's my culture.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
We can't just claim Africa be for real now. Not even Africans just claim Africa they claim their country and even then some put their tribe before their country.

That's not your culture breh.....:rudy:

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
That's not your culture breh.....:rudy:

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Man I'm done....

:mjlol:...:russ:

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
maybe because "africa" is a latin word that came from romans who conquered parts of the continent. No one ever called themselves "africans" because there are many different tribes and ethnic groups living on the continent. Calling yourself african is ignorant and meaningless. I know my lineage and its not "african".

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
they wouldn't even let your black ass MOVE to africa if you tried...

If you are a highly trained professional, Ghana is a relatively stable democracy with a large English speaking population and girls with chocolate skin and big ol booties that you can move to.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If you are a highly trained professional, Ghana is a relatively stable democracy with a large English speaking population and girls with chocolate skin and big ol booties that you can move to.
My point was you gonna have to jump through some hoops to be a permanent resident and even more to become a citizen

Act like it's easy to change citizenships if you want to, it's not. And zero of the nikkas in here would give up their American citizenship to move to a continent they never set foot in

There's a lot of "what you should be doing is" from nikkas who ain't doing it

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Why do so many bougies and clueless drones steady keep distancing themselves from calling themselves African or try as they must to deny our original roots.

You are NOT AMERICAN, You are AFRICAN in a land called AMERICA. You were brought to a land later termed AMERICA by a maraudering and thieving race, that went about separating your mind,body and tongue from Africa, so why do so many in our community from the non celebrity hood brothers and sisters all the way up to the supposedly educated bougies continue to want to be "American"?

I still remember this lezbo sellout Raven Symone yappin off at the mouth to Oprah this past year, trying her best to sell to the masses that she is American and shred away any identity with being African-American.

This is why Africans don't take many of our people serious, because a lot of you are just too damn white in the mind....:why:

Here's one of the classic clueless slaves for clarity:

"Black, or Blackness, tells you how you look without telling you who you are, whereas Africa, or Africana, relates you to land, history, and culture "
spacer.gif

John Henry Clarke

I agree and disagree with you because you are saying this as if whites are "American".

Personally from my point of view (as someone who is not american) you are American, period. That is your NATIONALITY. You just happenned to be of the black race. YOu live in AMerica, live the american lifestyle and dream and your perspective on life american so therefore you ARE American. Like , i'm Haitian but Haitian is not my race. Haitian is my nationality. I'm black. I'm not african either but my ancestors were and my culture is heavy on african customs and traditions.

For black american to start calling themselves african would mean that whites should call themselves European, period. YOU ARE WHAT YOUE BIRTH CERTIFICATE SAYS YOU ARE when it comes to nationality. Culture and race is a different topic

And remember this most Africans dont like to be referred to as "Africans" because they are from specific countries in Africa. I dont hear anyone calling Brits and French people "Europeans" by default.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do so many bougies and clueless drones steady keep distancing themselves from calling themselves African or try as they must to deny our original roots.

You are NOT AMERICAN, You are AFRICAN in a land called AMERICA. You were brought to a land later termed AMERICA by a maraudering and thieving race, that went about separating your mind,body and tongue from Africa, so why do so many in our community from the non celebrity hood brothers and sisters all the way up to the supposedly educated bougies continue to want to be "American"?

I still remember this lezbo sellout Raven Symone yappin off at the mouth to Oprah this past year, trying her best to sell to the masses that she is American and shred away any identity with being African-American.

This is why Africans don't take many of our people serious, because a lot of you are just too damn white in the mind....:why:

Here's one of the classic clueless slaves for clarity:

"Black, or Blackness, tells you how you look without telling you who you are, whereas Africa, or Africana, relates you to land, history, and culture "
spacer.gif

John Henry Clarke

Im Nigerian and personally I dont see anything wrong in it, technically every human being on earth is African but I guess its all semantics .......

The way I see it people rep what they can identify with, even though I was born in the states I never saw myself as American, even though Ive spent most of my life in the UK and have dual nationality I dont identify with being British........

as a person I most identify with being Nigerian because there is where I feel connected to culturally ...

I really dont see the big deal...people will rep what they feel a personal connection to....

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
My point was you gonna have to jump through some hoops to be a permanent resident and even more to become a citizen

Act like it's easy to change citizenships if you want to, it's not. And zero of the nikkas in here would give up their American citizenship to move to a continent they never set foot in

There's a lot of "what you should be doing is" from nikkas who ain't doing it

You can get a visa if you get a job and I don't see Ghana Turning away doctors dentists Engineers etc. who said you needed to give up your citizenship or even a perm resident? You got an American education and passport. That's all very valuable.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

You have come a long way young lewis. You used to be the worst divisive hater in these threads. I'm glad you are gaining some understanding

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
:snoop:

Africa=Motherland

I'm going to let you continue to think African-Americans think that Africa is a country.

I don't think African-Americans think that Africa is a country....but the way some posters are speaking about it in this thread makes it seem like it does.

"Africa has never done anything for Black people in this country"

There are 47 countries in Africa....why don't you specifically name the one's you're referring to instead of making broad generalizations?